"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jokerfig.jpg

Heath is definitely in there, particularly from this angle, but low angles and certain 3/4 views, the jaw just seems more like a charicature than Heath.

Uh, neither DVD or Blu-ray will be "on their way out" by December. :lol

I know. But Xbox 360 and PS3 will :lol I swear there is a new video game platform EVERY year. Thats why I just stopped buying them. Can't ever keep current long enough to enjoy them before they get phased out for the next platform! Good grief!

As for that MM figure, its not the best Heath likeness in the world, but for the scale, it is a fairly good one. You just have to take all of the crappy factory paint off to see it.

Saw these over on the SHH boards.

Definately can see Heath in this:

One of the left looks like crap, but the one on the right looks great. Hope you are taking notes Les ;)

twins.jpg

I actually like the one on the left for some reason. Looks a bit "crazy". How a loon would put on his makeup

Frankly I'm surprised thats not how it came out from the factory :lol It looks like what a sloppy paintwork on a McFarlane or NECA figure would look like. Its just a bit too blotchy for my tastes. You can clearly see it was painted to look sloppy and not a result of physical activity like it should be.

Frankly I'm surprised thats not how it came out from the factory :lol It looks like what a sloppy paintwork on a McFarlane or NECA figure would look like. Its just a bit too blotchy for my tastes. You can clearly see it was painted to look sloppy and not a result of physical activity like it should be.

Exactly what I was thinking. It looks slopped on, not worn away or smudged.

Actually, those do look kinda cool. Somehow.....I like that smeared one. He looks like in the beatup police station scenes...

Here is a better look at my hurried first attempt (at left)...
(not Buttmunch's, but it will be done soon)

JokerMM002.jpg

JokersMM001.jpg

Is that Buttmunch's on the right? :monkey3

But even your "hurried" one looks 100x better than the factory paint. I can't wait to see what you do when you "take your time."

I can't wait to see what Les does with Buttmunch's Joker... And I am really thinking I might just buy up a few, paint them and put them up for auction. :rock

Finally found poster at Blockbuster today, while looking at Indy stuff. Didn't see any other Joker or TDK ones. The search continues...

f_FP9348TheDam_fbf22df.jpg

Really want this one -

5740951pic1.jpg

Are those the framed painting-like posters they have? Or just a regular poster? I saw an Iron Man on recently and I've been saving up a bunch of gift cards to get a Dark Knight one.

And I've seen that HA! one at FYE for $8.

Nope, that isn't an official poster, just one of the ones you can find at Walmart and Target

We had a series of Joker-designed cameras," Mr. Hall said, "and while the Joker is an incredibly important character in the film, after the really sad tragedy with Heath Ledger, we came to decide not to take them to market.

Why not take them to market? The Joker character has been around long before Ledger, and will still be here long after we're all dead.

Walking on egg shells because an actor died is the silliest thing I've heard of since airbrushing the World Trade Center out of Spider-Man posters.

Why not take them to market? The Joker character has been around long before Ledger, and will still be here long after we're all dead.

Because being a movie campaign, people are of the mindset that if they're going to put Joker on products, it's going to capture Heath's representation, they're not even thinking of just using a generic Joker image.

I was delighted when I read this, it's nice to know that some companies actually put decency and respect ahead of the almighty dollar. Sure some of the products would sell, but not cashing in on the "hype" of someone's tragic death is the honorable thing to do and I'm glad they're stepping that up. Some may argue that heavily saturating trailers with Joker is doing just that, but in that instance, I feel it is a tribute to Heath's final great performance. TDK isn't all Joker, but the Joker is all Heath, RIP :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back