The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always agreed with everything he said. But he even fights with people that hates the movie as much as he does :rotfl
insane :cuckoo:

That's only because around the time I stated that, I was accused of being other members on this forum, I think by Wofford. It was insinuated that I was Jye (where are ya man?) or Nam or Irish for a while because they agreed with my posts and I to theirs.

It looks sort of silly seeing a "Pro-TDKR" posse or "Anti-TDKR" posse posting in here, agreeing with each other with nothing but :exactly::goodpost:

I'm sure some folks in here know what I mean. I mean just look at the above, Nam was called my "cheerleader" because he happened to agree with me. That's why I have a "**** everyone" attitude in this part of the boards, even those that agree with me.

Last edited:
No, I'm just kidding Boba Ben. Don't shoot yourself.

Anyway,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

That's only because around the time I stated that, I was accused of being other members on this forum, I think by Wofford. It was insinuated that I was Jye (where are ya man?) or Nam or Irish for a while because they agreed with my posts and I to theirs.

It looks sort of silly seeing a "Pro-TDKR" posse or "Anti-TDKR" posse posting in here, agreeing with each other with nothing but :exactly::goodpost:

I'm sure some folks in here know what I mean. I mean just look at the above, Nam was called my "cheerleader" because he happened to agree with me. That's why I have a "**** everyone" attitude in this part of the boards, even those that agree with me.

:exactly::goodpost:

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/12/flickering-myths-top-ten-movies-of-2012.html

Well, you didn't think it would be The Amazing Spider-Man, did you?! Yes, our pick for the best movie of 2012 is of course The Dark Knight Rises - the epic conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which sees Christian Bale's Batman saving Gotham City from destruction at the hands of Tom Hardy's brutal terrorist leader Bane. Despite a gallant effort from Earth's Mightiest Heroes, The Dark Knight Rises was a clear favourite among the team here at Flickering Myth, topping no less than six our of writers' individual lists, as Nolan delivered a stunning finale to his Batman saga, and rounded out one of the finest trilogies ever put to film in the process.

Flickering Myth's Top 10
1. TDKR
2. Avengers
3. Looper
4. Skyfall
5. Shame
6. The Raid
7. The Master
8. Chronicle
9. The Hobbit
10. Argo

Let down eh?, i'd love to hear what you thought of Terminator:Rise of the Machines and Terminator Salvation then.

Piece of crap movies. Both of them. Rises is better than the last two Terminator movie but it really doesn't saying much.

I could literally deconstruct everything you've posted here but it's not worth it anymore(with your history in here I'm not sure it ever was though). You'll just keep trying to create problems that don't exist. Someone needs to poke holes in the box you think in so at least some air seeps out.

Maybe he is annoying for some of you guys here but sadly he has very valid points and he knows what he is talking about about the movie. It is an overhyped flick (ridiculously overhyped)and not even half as good as TDK. It is not crap by any means(Still better than Batman Returns, Forever and Batman and Robin.) but still a big disappointment. Especially for comic book fans, Batman fans. The general audience loved it mainly that is for sure but same thing happened with Transformers.

Last edited:
Lolwut? Any poll of general audience opinion shows stellar reviews for TDKR and universally crap reviews for Transformers

Try again

Meh difabio is on shh and he's a dedicated batman fan from what I can tell. As a batman fan this movie was just awful and what makes it worse is so many people pretending that it's "teh best movie of our generation". Bring on the next batman movie it's 2013 we're done here. Nolan thankfully is finished.

Lolwut? Any poll of general audience opinion shows stellar reviews for TDKR and universally crap reviews for Transformers

Try again

Bro what are you talking about? Who the hell talking about which movie is better? Can you even read? Fans raped Transformers to pieces. General movie guys loved it. It was crap but still. Same situation is with Rises. Fans raped to pieces, general movie guys, who have not much idea about Batman loved it. Who said TDKR was crap? I don't mate. But it was weak for me, especially as a Batman movie. The Dark Knight Returns comic adaptation or Under the Red Hood is 10 times better than Rises to be honest. But, especially Returns is from the greatest Batman comics of all time so.

Last edited:
Bro what are you talking about? Who the hell talking about which movie is better? Can you even read? Fans raped Transformers to pieces. General movie guys loved it. It was crap but still. Same situation is with Rises. Fans raped to pieces, general movie guys, who have not much idea about Batman loved it. Who said TDKR was crap? I don't mate. But it was weak for me, especially as a Batman movie. The Dark Knight Returns comic adaptation or Under the Red Hood is 10 times better than Rises to be honest. But, especially Returns is from the greatest Batman comics of all time so.

I Don't know how you define 'Loved' or 'General movie guys'. But audience ratings for the Transformers films:
Transformers 1 - 7.2 on IMDB, 4.1/5 audience rating on RT
Transformers 2 - 5.9 on IMDB, 3.5/5 audience rating on RT
Transformers 3 - 6.3 on IMDB, 3.6/5 audience rating on RT

I'd say given those numbers, 'general movie guys' liked part 1, as opposed to loved, with 2 and 3 being very average.

And certainly the general audience loved TDKR. The equivalent figures for TDKR are:
8.7 on IMDB, 4.5/5 audience rating on RT

And only SOME Batman fans hate on TDKR. Most still love it.
Please prove to me otherwise. Hell even the well respected current Batman comic book writer Scott Snyder loves it. Another example is Kevin Smith who's been a lifelong Batman fanatic, he absolutely loves TDKR as well.

And wtf has being on SHH have to do with anything Ironwez? I'm as much a REAL Batman fan as anyone on these boards or anywhere. I started reading the comics when I was 7 years old. And PS, i'm on SHH too :dunno

So don't anyone give me some crap about 'teh real Batman fans'

If you don't like it or think it's weak, that's fine, but that doesn't make it objectively bad for everyone who's a 'real Batman fan' :cuckoo:

And that's because the people who dislike it a lot of the time go about expressing that dislike as some sort of objective fact, and accuse the people who love it of being blind to its flaws, and in this latest case, of not being 'real' Batman fans.

Which is of course a load of crap.

Piece of crap movies. Both of them. Rises is better than the last two Terminator movie but it really doesn't saying much.

Maybe he is annoying for some of you guys here but sadly he has very valid points and he knows what he is talking about about the movie. It is an overhyped flick (ridiculously overhyped)and not even half as good as TDK. It is not crap by any means(Still better than Batman Returns, Forever and Batman and Robin.) but still a big disappointment. Especially for comic book fans, Batman fans. The general audience loved it mainly that is for sure but same thing happened with Transformers.

No one says his points(most of em anyway) are invalid...but his valid points do not outweigh how great the film was...bottom line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back