The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Frank Miller's did.

After decades and decades of being Batman, and as we saw, it was more of a hiatus. Nolan's quit for 8 years after only a few outings in the suit, then bailed for good less than a year later after only a few more days in the suit. HUGE difference. :lol

The decades and decades of being Batman weren't his, though. Those were decades of other writers letting Batman be Batman. He quit right after Jason Todd's death in Miller's universe, and eight years is nothing compared to coming back when you're over the hill and 20 years past your prime. Also, who's to say that this is the end of Bale's Batman? I know it's a stretch, but, if the studio decided to take on JGL as Batman, that could always be their way of leaving a foot in the door for Bale to come back some day if, by some miracle, he agreed to it.

The decades and decades of being Batman weren't his, though. Those were decades of other writers letting Batman be Batman. He quit right after Jason Todd's death in Miller's universe, and eight years is nothing compared to coming back when you're over the hill and 20 years past your prime. Also, who's to say that this is the end of Bale's Batman? I know it's a stretch, but, if the studio decided to take on JGL as Batman, that could always be their way of leaving a foot in the door for Bale to come back some day if, by some miracle, he agreed to it.

If that happened if would be BIG BIG NEWS...WB BOX OFFICE WOULD LOVE IT TOO I'M SURE!

We'll see. I've already posted here how I think neither Nolan nor Bale will see the same success they saw with Batman, so in a decade the thought of returning might be more than just a little appealing to both. So that is a possibility. They have to run with JGL in the Batman reboot though, which is a hurdle in and of itself.

The decades and decades of being Batman weren't his, though. Those were decades of other writers letting Batman be Batman. He quit right after Jason Todd's death in Miller's universe

I don't remember it saying that he quit after Jason died anywhere in the Dark Knight Returns. It was just said he would never bring a child into battle again, which he then does anyway. Also the decades of past comic history were included in the Dark Knight Returns with comments on **** Grayson coming up with the name Batmobile and the mention of the past battles with Two Face and The Joker. Batman himself comparing himself to the Batman he was in his prime.

Yup batmans biggest failure was Jason Todd . And he didnt quit after that one

That's my bad. I did a quick refresher after that post, and, apparently, in the TDKR universe, the last reported sighting of the Batman was a decade before the book starts.

I am, and I explained that earlier, but my really awesome post (shameless plug) about how this is just one retelling of a modern mythology got overshadowed by more arguing.:lol

Cool! I believe these films are a brilliant on screen rendition of the current modern Batman. I mean, wasnt it Detective Comics, the new 52 in which Robin used a false mask technology to make a digital version of the joker so that it looked like Batman and Joker were working together to escape arkham?

Ive got all 214 issues of Legends of the Dark Knight, including the 4 varian number 1 colous and the annual specials. Ontop of that, ive got loads of random graphic novels. To me, LOTDK are the definitive Batman run. from Venom, Gothic, Sleeping, complete retelling of 'Feat of clay', I also adored the arc where batman was taking down racist police officers who were murdering black youth and framing them for crimes.

Im still waiting for part two of The Widening Gyre. Loved that story!

I don't remember it saying that he quit after Jason died anywhere in the Dark Knight Returns. It was just said he would never bring a child into battle again, which he then does anyway. Also the decades of past comic history were included in the Dark Knight Returns with comments on **** Grayson coming up with the name Batmobile and the mention of the past battles with Two Face and The Joker. Batman himself comparing himself to the Batman he was in his prime.

It's implied in the very first conversation between Bruce and Gordon. First few pages of the book.

It's implied in the very first conversation between Bruce and Gordon. First few pages of the book.

I'm sorry for your loss... of reading comprehension skills. :wave

I've read it several times and not once did I get that Jason was the reason he quit. I got that it was a pain and guilt he still carried but it was never implied as being the reason he hung up the cowl.

10 years since his last sighting, 7 years since he's spoken with ****, "it's a shame especially with what happened to Jason." Do the math.

Edit: Oh wait. You were the one that thinks he(The Batman)hung it up because the law told him to :lol

Last edited:
10 years since his last sighting, 7 years since he's spoken with ****, "it's a shame especially with what happened to Jason." Do the math.

Edit: Oh wait. You were the one that thinks he(The Batman)hung it up because the law told him to :lol

Time for you to re-read the TPB. :wave

really wanted to see a good act iii on this trilogy.....sad it ended with scarecrow + joker left alive(yes for what these guys did they should have been killed..you live by the sword you die by it....both of them had to problem killing anyone for their agenda , and please do not use heaths death for why we can not see a end to a main batman nemesis ) or they were left unspoken for, bat sleeps with the enemy , ruins the family business and than retires with catwoman who *****ks em a few times, i mean its no different than padme giving birth to luke/leia and than the driod saying we do not why but she is dying, wtf----wake up bit** and raise your babies-----this was a cluster *****k of a flick.....just like the ep i ii iii..........,,,,
now let the lovers of this movie tear me apart (or my grammar here )and the haters back me-----either way that is the way i see it .......

I forgot about Bruce's inner conversation after his initial conversation with Gordon. Talking to himself in the bat cave by Jason's display...

Talking about The Batman...

...He struggles relentlessly, hatefully, to be free--
I will not let him. I GAVE MY WORD. FOR JASON.
Never.
Never again.

How many times did you say you've read it again?

I forgot about Bruce's inner conversation after his initial conversation with Gordon. Talking to himself in the bat cave by Jason's display...

Talking about The Batman...

How many times did you say you've read it again?

You're mistaking that for quitting when it's all about having another sidekick. :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back