The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2dkiv54.jpg

:lol

Sour grapes are sour. The good news is you can read the trade again and experience it for the first time.

Given your take on the story, I can see how you'd feel that way. :lol

Note for Jen: Woffy and I don't hate each other and this back-n-forth isn't remotely serious. :wave :lol

So to recap. You think Batman retires because the government told him to. And you think he has internal conflict with becoming Batman again because he'd have to choose another sidekick.

So to recap. You think Batman retires because the government told him to. And you think he has internal conflict with becoming Batman again because he'd have to choose another sidekick.

Nope. I think the decades of physical abuse and the outlawing of Superheros forced him into retirement. The continual references to Jason had to do with him living with the guilt of Jason's death and his initial unwillingness to have another sidekick.

I hate Dark Knight Returns and I hate Dark Knight strikes again. Its the most boringly written stories, with the most in your face THIS IS MY POLITICAL BELIEF/THIS IS HOW WE WILL END UP. I hate writters who clearly want to put their political belief/opinions and their social commentary in your face. Eurgh. Biggest waste of £20 I ever spent. If anyone needs something to start a fire with, i got two hardbacks here for you. Ill even pay postage.

Year One is a fantastic book. Every other Batman book by Millar to me, is trash. All star bats and Robin? Terrible. Sin City? Rubbish. Loved his daredevil work. 300 was good too. One thing I adore, is his cover artwork as well.

I hate Batman stories which feature superman or JLA. They become borefests instantly. If I wanted to read superman, some dicky alien who puts glasses on and everyones like 'woah, THATS not superman!' who can only be harmed by a green rock. I mean really? Whats the point in having a superhero who is invincible to everything but kryptonite? next week, superman fights lex luther. Dont worry, he doesnt have kryptonite so he will win.

I just feel that Batman gets dragged down with JLA.

Nope. I think the decades of physical abuse and the outlawing of Superheros forced him into retirement. The continual references to Jason had to do with him living with the guilt of Jason's death and his initial unwillingness to have another sidekick.

So then he magically healed and the government allowed him to come back and he took another sidekick? I honestly do not believe you think anything you posted above. You just can't own up to not only being wrong, but obviously wrong.

So then he magically healed and the government allowed him to come back and he took another sidekick? I honestly do not believe you think anything you posted above. You just can't own up to not only being wrong, but obviously wrong.

He didn't magically heal, he came to face reality after getting the **** beaten out of him by the muntant leader and "Robin" saved his ***. You sure you've read it? :lol

He didn't magically heal, he came to face reality after getting the **** beaten out of him by the muntant leader and "Robin" saved his ***. You sure you've read it? :lol

You do realize he's retired at the start of it all right? If you say he retired because of abuse and the government, that means his decision to come back means he miraculously heals (despite also having aged 10 years) from the abuse you said makes him retire. He's also apparently, according to you, had a change of heart on the whole outlawing thing and decides that he's ready to disobey the government again. But, according to you the reason why he is debating even taking up the mantle again is because he doesn't want another sidekick. Really.

You do realize he's retired at the start of it all right? If you say he retired because of abuse and the government, that means his decision to come back means he miraculously heals (despite also having aged 10 years) from the abuse you said makes him retire. He's also apparently, according to you, had a change of heart on the whole outlawing thing and decides that he's ready to disobey the government again. But, according to you the reason why he is debating even taking up the mantle again is because he doesn't want another sidekick. Really.

He doesn't miraculously heal. Throughout the whole reappearance, he's addressing the issues of age, etc., making noises where he'd otherwise be quiet, missing with batarangs, not being able to climb ropes, etc. It's completely different from getting a magic knee brace and suddenly being able to kick through brick foundations. :lol

So you really truly believe that he is fighting with himself in that particular panel to become Batman again because it means he'll have to take another sidekick? His entire decision at the very beginning of the graphic novel to come out of retirement hinges on his internal conflict to not have another sidekick? Really, truly?

So you really truly believe that he is fighting with himself in that particular panel to become Batman again because it means he'll have to take another sidekick? His entire decision at the very beginning of the graphic novel to come out of retirement hinges on his internal conflict to not have another sidekick? Really, truly?

Nope, and I never said that and not sure why you're trying to "spin" it that way. That's what you're stating. He quit because of Robin and that's the whole reason. It's the mutant gang that brought him out of retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back