The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, you're right. Right after Batman is trying to convince him to fight crime again.

Word, both Never's and Jason are even in bold.

You're right, I'm wrong.

You're quoting a source that said Jason died from "unspecified circumstances." We all know Miller's referencing the "A Death in the Family" storyline where the Joker beats Todd and leaves him to die in an explosion. So if wiki is claiming it's "unspecified means," and you're buying that I'd say you're not that familiar with Batman and that the source material your using is flawed, exploiting your infamiliarity with that storyline.

This is going to be embarrassing for you, buuuuuuutttttttt....

Jason Todd's death hadn't happened in canon at the time Miller wrote TDKR soooooo, about that. Todd being officially killed was directly influenced due to the popularity of TDKR.

This is going to be embarrassing for you, buuuuuuutttttttt....

Jason Todd's death hadn't happened in canon at the time Miller wrote TDKR soooooo, about that.

Published. But no doubt decided upon. You're smart enough to know that main plots are done and being completed in an order, whereas elseworld stories don't have to be postponed until story arcs finish. :wink1:

I don't care if Bruce Wayne goes on a golf trip, out on vacation, even on an extended hiatus, he will never be able to stay away from Gotham or keep Batman out of the action. I liked how Kingdom Come handled him. Crippled, but still heavily involved until the last breath.

But France? Bruce Wayne?! Retirement?!! A replacement who never trained with him? That might be how Nolan is passing down the reigns to the next director, but that's not really how I envision Batman winding up.

"L'homme chauve-souris"? Non! :horror

I really don't think there is a need to cuss. Infractions will come out if people can't find better ways to get across their point.

Published. But no doubt decided upon. You're smart enough to know that main plots are done and being completed in an order, whereas elseworld stories don't have to be postponed until story arcs finish. :wink1:

Just concede.

It was put to a vote? Remember? This ad is from the '88 and the calls were to come in late 1988.

You%2BKilled%2BJason%2BTodd%252C%2BYou%2BBastards%2521.jpg

Unless O' Neil had something to do with it, but I doubt it, it was Miller's story. I know O' Neil was involved with the film adaptations for the Burton films but he definitely didn't dictate what happened with those. We're talking almost 3 years now. It doesn't take that long to finally put something out. I could see if it was '87, but we're talking about it being issued RIGHT before '89.

:lol< Nice edit.

I especially like the saving face reasoning.

Nah, I'm looking for an interview with Miller where he talks about where he got the idea for Todd's death. Figured it wasn't worth posting it if I couldn't quote the source - hence the edit. I don't remember if it was a CSN, a foreward/afterword in one of the TPB reprints, a Wizard, etc. I'll PM you with it when I remember what it was in. :( :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back