The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these roles is the most memorable? I'd say they made the right choice. Of the five, Ledger's is the one most likely to still be talked about for years to come.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin, Milk
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Robert Downey Jr., Tropic Thunder
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Doubt
Michael Shannon, Revolutionary Road

Geesh... Robert Downey Jr. For Tropic Thunder. WTF?

Even before it came out it was toted as the best thing ever, so, while I can't say I take satisfaction in seeing it blow up in fan boys' faces there is a sense of irony. I still remember in late June/Early July of last year before I saw the film. Reviews were initially pouring in that it was this massive achievement and definitely Oscar worthy in a bunch of categories, including best picture.

I was excited, "that good huh, hnnnnngggg gotta see it early, I'm excite".

Then I saw it, then saw it again and came back to reality. Just a blockbuster movie for the year of 2012 in my opinion. Which isn't even a BAD thing. It got it's dough back and THEN some (even after the shooting and people feared it getting pulled out of theaters), it garnered pretty positive critical feedback, and has a following of people who enjoyed it. Positive enough. The End.

I've come to giggle at the fact (in good fun) that Dark Knight, the so called epic movie of the ages, was snubbed totally lol

As far as best picture noms, I agree with most of them, but was bummed Moonrise Kingdom got snubbed.

Then I saw it, then saw it again and came back to reality. Just a blockbuster movie for the year of 2012 in my opinion.

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

Even before it came out it was toted as the best thing ever, so, while I can't say I take satisfaction in seeing it blow up in fan boys' faces there is a sense of irony. I still remember in late June/Early July of last year before I saw the film. Reviews were initially pouring in that it was this massive achievement and definitely Oscar worthy in a bunch of categories, including best picture.

I was excited, "that good huh, hnnnnngggg gotta see it early, I'm excite".

Then I saw it, then saw it again and came back to reality. Just a blockbuster movie for the year of 2012 in my opinion. Which isn't even a BAD thing. It got it's dough back and THEN some (even after the shooting and people feared it getting pulled out of theaters), it
garnered pretty positive critical feedback, and has a following of people who enjoyed it. Positive enough. The End.

:clap:lecture

Nuff' Said!

Going by the history of the Academy, Brolin in Milk. However, they'd snubbed Heath for Brokeback (blatant snub giving it to Hoffman for Capote) and TDKR was the last opportunity they'd have to award him an Oscar. I'm not saying he's a horrible actor, not by any means. But he'd given far better performances than Joker and should've been awarded for those.

He had a full performance the following year in the Gilliam's Imaginarium. It wasn't the last opportunity. Brolin was good but not even in the same ball park for Milk.

I've come to giggle at the fact (in good fun) that Dark Knight, the so called epic movie of the ages, was snubbed totally lol

As far as best picture noms, I agree with most of them, but was bummed Moonrise Kingdom got snubbed.

But Dark Knight wasn't snubbed at all. :dunno :lol

He had a full performance the following year in the Gilliam's Imaginarium. It wasn't the last opportunity. Brolin was good but not even in the same ball park for Milk.

But he didn't have a full performance. Other actors came in to finish the movie.

Apparently Nolancom****s do. They've been rubbing Heath's sympathy Oscar in everybody's face since he won it. I'd say the shutout this year reinforces it being a sympathy Oscar.

let them. Ledger was brilliant, probably the best out of the choices but thats it. Great performance in an amazing film.

I mean you telling me Argo and Zero dark thirty are better films than Avengers and Dark Knight Rises? Hell no. Avengers is only in the visual effects which were superb, which is something Nolan also exceeds with his 90% practical effects. You have to admit, the opening scene with the plane was fantastically shot and done.

But the two biggest films, TDKR and Avengers have a single nomination between the 2? Life of Pi was trash and even snow friggin white got nominations.

let them. Ledger was brilliant, probably the best out of the choices but thats it. Great performance in an amazing film.

I mean you telling me Argo and Zero dark thirty are better films than Avengers and Dark Knight Rises? Hell no. Avengers is only in the visual effects which were superb, which is something Nolan also exceeds with his 90% practical effects. You have to admit, the opening scene with the plane was fantastically shot and done.

But the two biggest films, TDKR and Avengers have a single nomination between the 2? Life of Pi was trash and even snow friggin white got nominations.

Have you seen Argo and Zero Dark Thirty?

The Dark Knight was snubbed? :huh

TDK was absolutely snubbed and that was the consensus from media, critics, and obviously fans. Weinstein snuck the universally panned The Reader in its spot and the Academy completely changed their format due to the backlash. It along with Nolan had made almost every list before the Oscars and Nolan ended up being one of only two directors in the history of awards season to be nominated for DGA but not an Oscar.

Have you seen Argo and Zero Dark Thirty?

Seen Argo. Boring. Trailer caught me because it was Aerosmiths 2nd best song behind Back in the Saddle; dream on, before Tyler became a druggie. Zero Dark thirty im going to watch when it comes out on the 25th. If its anything like the hurt locker, ill regret wasting £8 on trash again but I cant really see it being as good as Avengers or Batman.

And ive heard theres more facts in the bible than in ZDT.

Seen Argo. Boring. Trailer caught me because it was Aerosmiths 2nd best song behind Back in the Saddle; dream on, before Tyler became a druggie. Zero Dark thirty im going to watch when it comes out on the 25th. If its anything like the hurt locker, ill regret wasting £8 on trash again but I cant really see it being as good as Avengers or Batman.

And ive heard theres more facts in the bible than in ZDT.

But you're saying TDKR is better than a movie you haven't even seen. That's blatant and shameless hyperbole. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back