The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a joke, it's amusing. But let's get real here. Nolan was influenced by Bond. Skyfall was a return to form combining the best elements over the past 50 years with Craig's take on the character. The ONLY parallel I'd establish as worth pointing out is Silva's overly complicated Joker plan. But even that isn't wholly original on Nolan's part. He just made it memorably awesome as Mendes did with Silva.

Moonrise Kingdom got snubbed. That was one of my favorites this year.

Nolan's biggest snub is still Inception for me. I think that's still his masterpiece. I love BB, TDK & TDKR to death, but Inception was groundbreaking on so many levels. Kings Speech won that year, and while it was a very good movie, Inception to me was on a whole other level.

Sucks Zimmer got snubbed again. :(

I hope Seamus McGarvey - Anna Karenina gets best Cinematography.I hated the story of the movie, but man, visually was just incredible cinematography.

Also sucks visual effects are now mainly based on best 3D animated effects. So much of TDKR was created by hand, much more expensive and harder to do, just a shame it got ignored.

oh well, Oscar winner or not, doesn't take away anything for me on how much i love the films. :)

:goodpost::exactly:

How many of Kubrick's films ever got a Best Picture nod?? Yeah and now they are for the most part one and all classics. Oscar to me, means very little alot of the time.

"Bruce Wayne would never turn his back on being Batman, because his story arc wasn’t about finding himself and happiness (as it had apparently become by the end of Rises), it was about the tragedy of never being able to sufficiently avenge the death of his parents."

That basically makes the entire article fall apart because the film *was* about Bruce getting over his parent's death. "Bruce Wayne would never turn his back on being Batman" yeah, in the comics maybe, but not in Nolan's films he did.

"Bruce Wayne would never turn his back on being Batman, because his story arc wasn’t about finding himself and happiness (as it had apparently become by the end of Rises), it was about the tragedy of never being able to sufficiently avenge the death of his parents."

That basically makes the entire article fall apart because the film *was* about Bruce getting over his parent's death. "Bruce Wayne would never turn his back on being Batman" yeah, in the comics maybe, but not in Nolan's films he did.

If you took the time to read any of their other theories about movies, you know they have no idea what they're talking about and have zero evidence to back up any of their claims. I stopped looking at them after the first four or five pages....

:exactly: Nolan's films were about Bruce turning his back on being Batman. :goodpost:

Nope Nolans films were about Bruce establishing the symbol and legend of Batman :lecture

For someone who gives lessons on comprehension skills, your own seem to be lacking when it comes to this franchise :lol

That's exactly what I was saying, If I failed at anything it's my ability to eplain **** :wink1:

Yes, Nolan's version of Batman/Bruce Wayne was indeed about Bruce establishing the symbol and legend of Batman and inspiring other people to rise up and help their city. But the ultimate conclusion to Bruce's arc in Rises was that he got over his parents death and moved on with his life.

"Bruce Wayne would never turn his back on being Batman"

He did, and he handed it over to someone else. :1-1:

Nope Nolans films were about Bruce establishing the symbol and legend of Batman :lecture

For someone who gives lessons on comprehension skills, your own seem to be lacking when it comes to this franchise :lol

Nah, it's just a desire to care for it as much as it's own director did... which apparently isn't much. :wink1:

Look no further than 2005's Batman Begins. They establish Bruce becoming Batman. It's the genesis of Batman.

The Dark Knight is about Batman qustioning his role, looking for someone else to carry the city, but realizing through escalation that he can't be a shimmering symbol that inspires good, but a dark hero that does what he has to.

TDKR is about rehashed, recycled crap and looking for an easy way out by wrapping the story with a big, ugly, frayed bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back