The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was disappointed with the drop in quality from TDK to TDKR, Nolan did not kill Batman and it isn't in any need of saving post Nolan trilogy.

Nolan's trilogy is what saved Batman from obscurity, even if TDKR should've really been part 4 of this story.

Thats an interesting point that it might have worked better as a 4th film.

Thats an interesting point that it might have worked better as a 4th film.

Maybe 5th or 6th. :rotfl

Then I would be hailing it a masterpiece.

As 3rd, just plain wacky the course of action chosen after TDK. :cuckoo:

8 years gap just feels so forced post TDK

Hell, not even SW E7 will have an 8 year gap. :lol

Maybe 5th or 6th. :rotfl

Then I would be hailing it a masterpiece.

As 3rd, just plain wacky the course of action chosen after TDK. :cuckoo:

8 years gap just feels so forced post TDK

Hell, not even SW E7 will have an 8 year gap. :lol

:exactly: I think we discussed this before in this very thread and had the same ideas. Rises would definitely have worked better as a 4th film, with something in between that and TDK, introducing more villains and getting another film with plenty more batman, then rises as the big finish would have worked much better I feel.

How about the 30 year gap from E3 to E4 :lol

SW PT does not exist in my life. :rotfl

:exactly: I think we discussed this before in this very thread and had the same ideas. Rises would definitely have worked better as a 4th film, with something in between that and TDK, introducing more villains and getting another film with plenty more batman, then rises as the big finish would have worked much better I feel.

clintnod.gif

Last edited:
College Humor does it again.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUDHcuLnMVc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUDHcuLnMVc[/ame]

How about the 30 year gap from E3 to E4

Luke's a seventeen-year-old going on thirty in Ep. 4? :huh
So he's Han's age when he fights Vader in Ep.6 ? :panic:

The Dork Knight Retires was so incongruous with The Dark Knight that they seem like only tangentially related universes.
Same cast, same characters, seemed like different worlds.

TDKR felt like Nolan simply wanted to be done with Bats, wash his hands and move on to something new.
He spent around what--a decade working on the franchise? :monkey1

___

Luke's a seventeen-year-old going on thirty in Ep. 4? :huh
So he's Han's age when he fights Vader in Ep.6 ? :panic:

The Dork Knight Retires was so incongruous with The Dark Knight that they seem like only tangentially related universes.
Same cast, same characters, seemed like different worlds.

TDKR felt like Nolan simply wanted to be done with Bats, wash his hands and move on to something new.
He spent around what--a decade working on the franchise? :monkey1

___

It's true. Even some of the takes reveal that Nolan was over it. Talia's death...how could that be the best take? He literally must have said "eh whatever." Then the mayor calling up Gordon: "I.guflubluflub..let him tell you himself!" It just sounded stupid, how could that make it into the movie? Nolan was just like whatever, let's move on to the next scene

Lets not forget the falling down stunt men with no one touching them. :monkey4

Sloppy stuff you won't even see in GI Joe movies.

Last edited:
It's true. Even some of the takes reveal that Nolan was over it. Talia's death...how could that be the best take? He literally must have said "eh whatever." Then the mayor calling up Gordon: "I.guflubluflub..let him tell you himself!" It just sounded stupid, how could that make it into the movie? Nolan was just like whatever, let's move on to the next scene

Lets not foget the falling down stunt men with no one touching them. :monkey4

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

I know you keep mentioning this for fun...

For for what it's worth, Nolan is working with a giant camera, with expensive film stock....not digital or cheap film stock. He can't go back and refilm it if they **** up. And if they have too, it's going to cost a pretty penny.

So that **** will never bother me, because IMAX is a better format to use then 3D.

This is probably my most irritating part of TDKR. Once I noticed it I couldn't not see it in both the scenes. How the hell did nobody notice that when filming and then again in the editing suite. Plus, the scene must have been choreographed, so someone must have said beforehand "just fall down" what the hell? :gah: just find that one element so frustrating. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back