The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling Make a Wish foundation and telling them I have 2 weeks left to live, make my dream come true of seeing TDKR with Void, Nam and DiFabio. :lol

I like the tumbler, it reminds me of the Dark Knight Returns bat tank. There was also a 70's comic which Bats had a tank.

To me my fav batmobiles are;

89'

batmobile_batman_1989.jpg

BTAS;

batmobile_2.jpg

Arkham Asylum

388274-batman-arkham-asylum-windows-screenshot-the-batmobiles.jpg

Problem is, the Tumbler doesn't really scream Batman. I'd guess it's something from Blade Runner or some SciFi movie before a Batmobile if I didn't know what film it was from.
True, it doesn't have many of the characteristics of older batmobiles, but that's what makes it unique. It's a modern, functional, batmobile.

The backstory is a bit wonky for it, but it makes sense that Batman would use something like that, instead of a retooled overpriced classicly designed car. And to be quite honest, the Burton Batmobile was kind of a tank in and of itself, though not in appearance.

Ugh jeez some people just shouldn't be aloud to take pictures.
Lmao. That woman has every right to put on a hulk hand and disgust people.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel Studios contacted her to be the stand in for the next CGI Hulk. :lol

I kinda hope they go more retro next time.
Retro? How retro? o_O

Because, I gotta say, seeing a TDK style Bats in an Adam West-mobile would just make me laugh out loud. And don't for a second think that, now that it's possible to have a good looking, functional batsuit, that the one in the reboot won't be based, somewhat, on the one from TDK.

Retro is fine and all for certain things, but I'm not sure I would want poor Bats to de-evolve in any way, lol.

:pray:
:hi5:

The potential for lolz would be immense :rotfl

DIBS on posting his mugshot when they find out the truth! :yess:

Retro? How retro? o_O

Because, I gotta say, seeing a TDK style Bats in an Adam West-mobile would just make me laugh out loud. And don't for a second think that, now that it's possible to have a good looking, functional batsuit, that the one in the reboot won't be based, somewhat, on the one from TDK.

Retro is fine and all for certain things, but I'm not sure I would want poor Bats to de-evolve in any way, lol.

Could even be a modified muscle car, and that wouldn't be bad. :huh

To be honest, The tumbler is the most flexible and agile Batmobile ever existed! Multi terrain, manouverable. It can actually make jet-powered unassisted jumps of about 30 meters, and its suspension means it can do multi-terrain and 4 wheel drive. But in all honesty, the Tumbler is a military grade vehicle which can withstand a huge
beating and has an escape vehicle as the Batpod.

I think if the design was abit more 'bat' like the rear spoilers being pointy like wings for aerodynamic benefits, but from the back it looks just like the 89 batmobile with the jet at the back, but thats aboot it.

The 1989/BTAS batmobiles had to have the hook-claw on the lamp post to get it round a corner remember :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back