The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I don't think Todd McCarthy is doing TDKR any favors by saying AVENGERS is "childish" in comparison. That's the kind of stuff that breeds backlash.

:lol Appears we're in for a lot of that.

Time magazine's tag line...

Make way, puny Avengers, for the grand tale of a superhero in emotional crisis, as Gotham City faces economic collapse and a reign of terror. Can Batman even come to his own rescue?

I'm just waiting for the the poll threads

Avengers vs TDKR

And TDK vs TDKR

And BB vs TDKR

And TDKR vs The Hobbit

etc.

:rotfl:yess:
The Hobbit? o_O

I don't see him nabbing bad guys in the middle of the night or smacking them around with mystical hammers, lol.

And why the hell would anyone even make a thread like "TDK vs TDKR" or "BB vs TDKR"? They're all in the same trilogy and they're all good films. :dunno

The Hobbit? o_O

I don't see him nabbing bad guys in the middle of the night or smacking them around with mystical hammers, lol.

And why the hell would anyone even make a thread like "TDK vs TDKR" or "BB vs TDKR"? They're all in the same trilogy and they're all good films. :dunno

People love to argue :lecture

And it'll be put up against The Hobbit when it comes to awards season :lol

From Badass Digest

If, as Badass Digest argues, “The Avengers” “defeated irony and cynicism,” then “The Dark Knight Rises” feels like the rock-bottom, lowest-point examination of ourselves which provides the substance to make Joss Whedon’s optimistic vision endure. Because Nolan’s film is a reminder that superheroes aren’t merely a frivolous distraction, or even a wish-fulfillment fantasy, but an embodiment of our best selves – or at least what we want our best selves to be. A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, “The Dark Knight Rises” is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.

The Hobbit? o_O

Trust me, plenty of idiotic polls get flung up on here every week:cuckoo:

I want to see TDK vs TDKR threads just to see the Nolancampoops™ wipe each other out. :lol It may actually cause a rip in the space-time continuum and a paradox.

["Nolancampoops" is 2011-2012 thenammagazine and used with permission under license/]

You crossed a line, Mr. Fine. You tried to get a RISE out of them with your silly review. Shame on you. :pfft:

Disclaimer: Yes I will see this movie and am a fan of the series thus far.

Terrorism and financial collapse?

It's Batman - I want to see him beat up evil clowns and short guys who look like flightless birds and even that lizard guy from Spider-man, but the DC version.

Holding out hope but the self importantness of this film is killing the very "childish" aspects that make these filme enjoyable to me.

My Meh-Meter is up and down with each review I have read.

I was hoping for more "SWEAR TO MEEEERRRERER!" Batman but the more I read about it it looks like General Batman-vs-Wallstreet-hijacked-by-al-Qaeda.

Disclaimer: Yes I will see this movie and am a fan of the series thus far.

Terrorism and financial collapse?

It's Batman - I want to see him beat up evil clowns and short guys who look like flightless birds and even that lizard guy from Spider-man, but the DC version.

Holding out hope but the self importantness of this film is killing the very "childish" aspects that make these filme enjoyable to me.

My Meh-Meter is up and down with each review I have read.

I was hoping for more "SWEAR TO MEEEERRRERER!" Batman but the more I read about it it looks like General Batman-vs-Wallstreet-hijacked-by-al-Qaeda.

Take the terrorism aspect and replace Al Qaeda with the 99% fiasco and you've nailed it. :monkey1

Take the terrorism aspect and replace Al Qaeda with the 99% fiasco and you've nailed it. :monkey1

6a00d83451bb2969e201539251ce90970b-pi

SnakeDoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back