The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I see his point. It's just not that much of fun if Batman isn't in it much. Then it's just a good serious drama, not an action comic book movie. Just would have been nice to see him Rise sooner, or show some montage footage of a few side missions or appearances or something for the last 8 years. And if he was totally gone for all that time, that's fine. Then just bring him out earlier in the movie to deal with situations. Not just save it for the final scenes.

Overall I felt Batman was barely present in all of the movies lol
It just makes you wanting more, that's all :)

I will like this movie, but won't come out of it like a giddy school boy like I did Avengers. I guess I just love that combination of action, humor, fun, superheroes kicking ass style a bit more.

Define fun though! TDK was a crime thriller, pure and simple. BB was abit more like a comic book film but still nothing like the avengers.

I think the problem is you expect something that these Batman films dont give; they dont do what the avengers do. I thought avengers was boring and I didnt enjoy it. Im not interested in huge set pieces or lots of action and cgi. Avengers delivered that and It bored me. TDK, I thought was phenomenal, because Batman has always been more than just punch, kick, apprehend, job done. Batman to me, has always been the focus about story, character driven drama.

Thats why, some of the greatest moments in TDK to me, were the conversations between Batman and Joker, Batman/gordon/dent. The action is few and far between, but in TDK I thought it was perfectly paced. The action was there when necessary, not just for the sake of it. The quality was also top notch; Taking down the police at the end, the fight with Joker at the fund raiser. Prolonged battles have never been Batman. Its always about trying to finish the fight as quick and efficiently as possible. Half the time, Batman doesnt even lay a punch, he uses his brain to take his opponents out.

And the thing is, batman is NOT a superhero. he is a vigilante. he doesnt have super powers. He is a human being. Batman himself has no humor, sometimes he shares a short joke or comment with Robin, Nightwing, even joker. But batman to me, its never about 'fun' or humor or style or kicking ass. batman has compassion for his enemies, its the dialogue, characterisation, the connection with tragedy which connects batman.

Thats why the ultimate scene was the interrogation scene. It wasnt an action scene, but it was pitch perfect; batman losing it and Punching his hand, Slamming his head into the table, then making 3 punches and slamming jokers head into the glass. Thats it. But its the exchange that made that scene perfect.

I find that fun, I find the characterisation and the drama fun, the action you appreciate more because its sparingly used, as a last resort really because in a way, it is.

Long halloween, theres not alot of fighting or action in it in honesty, its dialogue, characterisation, drama, story driven content with action rarely seen. Thats what I enjoy.

Avengers to me for example was a CGI spectacle, but aside from Downey Jr, I didnt like hawkeye being under used, Widow was eye candy and rubbish (scarlett though, my bed is waiting!), Captain america I cant stand, let alone chris evans. All I see is a horrible johnny storm. Thor is a poor character IMO too and Hulk bores me. I thought avengers, whilst it was great that you got all the characters together and it wasnt a disaster, I didnt enjoy the film. Chitauri Aliens? Boring. It was just such a piss poor story. Explosions and action? sure, but it was boring with no real point.

In my opinion, alot of the praise for Avengers is because people thought they would never get the characters together. Not the fact that getting them together worked but it was a pretty poor, standard comic book fare with some crap characterisation (where was hawkeye?) and plenty of the 'do a flip, land on the floor and camera zoom for 5 seconds for dramatic fashion. It was just a bore to me, I wanted a quality story not a CGI fest. But thats what the Avengers is, its characters are.

And thats what I dont like. Marvel wise, I only like Iron Man, Punisher, Spidey and Wolverine. So that accounts for alot too I believe.

Batman vs cap would be an awesome fight

Happened in 1996 in the JLA vs Avengers DC/Marvel crossover.Nobody won. Was more of a draw.

aj-02-06.jpg

batman_vs_captain_america_by_ansem3-d4cttqr.jpg

I had two dreams that this movie was really boring, wtf?

can someone confirm this is not boring?

Still thinking about the movie; it would be awesome, if in some way, we get to see more JGL as

Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess the "reboot" that's supposedly happening in 2014 is going to stamp out any hope of that :(

Has this story been posted:

Source:
https://latino-review.com/2012/07/18/rotten-tomatoes-temporarily-suspends-comments-reviews-the-dark-knight-rises/

In Nolan we trust.

Die hard Batman fans converged on critic site Rotten Tomatoes to troll on any critics that give the upcoming “The Dark Knight Rises” a rotten tomato.

The comment section for that film will be restored on Friday.

The main issue for negative reviewers is that commenters have increased significant traffic to reviewers’ sites. The first negative reviewer, Marshall Fine, had his server crashed due to increased traffic and asked Rotten Tomatoes to disable the link so his site can go back up.

Most of the comments are threats and hate speech towards these reviewers. It is a violation of Rotten Tomatoes’ commenting policies.

According to Matt Atchity, editor in chief of Rotten Tomatoes, the site may consider a move to a Facebook-based commenting system that doesn’t allow for anonymity.

“I know that a lot of people will think we’re overreacting, and I know my own breeding, sexuality, and intelligence will be called in to question just for daring to ask for some level of respectable debate. That’s fine, I’m used to that (I have a show on YouTube, so come at me, bro),” he wrote. “But if I could ask everyone for one thing, it’s this: don’t be a ____. Even if you think someone else is being a ____. Just take a deep breath, step away from the computer, and maybe go for a walk. Have a smoke if you need one. There are plenty of other things to get angry about, like war, famine, poverty and crime. But not movie reviews.”

As of right now, “The Dark Knight Rises” received a score of 86% fresh rating. Associated Press critic Christy Lemire, who published her negative review on Monday, received 532 comment responses to her review.

Even a reputable and popular online writer/reviewer Devin Faraci is not immune to Internet trolls. Since his negative review posted on Rotten Tomatoes, commenters flocked to Badass Digest site to intensely debate his review. Within a few hours, the comments have reached 394 entries at this time.

Rotten Tomatoes is also owned by Flixter, a Warner Brothers company and Warner Brothers Pictures is distributing “The Dark Knight Rises.”

So is there a conspiracy? Probably not.

One thing for certain, Bane will be proud of these Batman loyalists bringing down the entire system with a few protestors.

“The Dark Knight Rises” will be in theaters on July 20.

Source: Rotten Tomatoes

Notice you left out the last few panels where Batman admits that Cap can beat him. :lol :monkey1

COuld only find those on google lmao.

But To be honest, Captain america has super powers!

Side note, in the UK, TDKR has broken box office records; £1million for the advance tickets of IMAX alone, two days left to buy, and its the highest ever first day sales of 24,754 tickets for the opening day alone, and 38k tickets for the first week, taking the UK record #1 spot.

https://news.uk.msn.com//blog/trend...=5ce65874-c193-4b0d-af27-cd9dc0cf5ebd&_nwpt=1

Sweet just realized Stl Science Center is playing this in the Omnimax screen :yess: Haven't been to a movie in a omnimax screen since I was a little kid.

Notice you left out the last few panels where Batman admits that Cap can beat him. :lol :monkey1

He said that it's conceivable, as in "it's not out of the realm of possibility". I'd say that they are about evenly matched. What it comes down to is a fight between nature and supplements. Can Batman and his physically perfect body beat Cap and his super-steroids?

Still thinking about the movie; it would be awesome, if in some way, we get to see more JGL as

Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess the "reboot" that's supposedly happening in 2014 is going to stamp out any hope of that :(

You know it's pretty ____ing easy to infer your spoiler just by leading into it the way you did and closing it the way you did. Thanks for that.

He said that it's conceivable, as in "it's not out of the realm of possibility". I'd say that they are about evenly matched. What it comes down to is a fight between nature and supplements. Can Batman and his physically perfect body beat Cap and his super-steroids?

No he can't. And I took that dialogue as a no-bull____ statement from Batman engaging a foe who's his equal in everything but strength where he knows Cap's superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back