The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a'ight....

The Dark Knight Rises really is a well-done film that kept me on the edge of my seat. That being said, it's little more than
Spoiler Spoiler:
which does make it a good bookend to Nolan's own story. But at the end of the day, it just isn't as strong as the first two, IMO.

Bane is set up as the badass we know and love from the comics, and his first fight with Bats had me gushing with nerd joy, but his goofy voice and
Spoiler Spoiler:
quickly turned him into a _____. That wasn't the Bane I knew and loved. Here he's just a muscle bound replacement for Ledger's Joker, standing in to rally up the people, make political speeches and break Gotham's spirit.

Spoiler Spoiler:
But then, the voice was just as cartoony as in the trailers, so I'm not sure how that would have worked if he was as calculating as in the comics.

Still, as long as you watch it with an open mind, and accept this as Nolan's unique vision, its good still outweighs my nitpicks and makes it a solid 3/5 in my book. I really dug it, but enjoyed The Avengers more. Sorry.

Problem with comparing it to Avengers is 3D.

About all cinemas here in england have 3D. I think 5 are IMAX. Maybe 6. So the amount of 3D tickets sold boost money like crazy. My odeon its 12 quid for 3D premier seats. Its 7 quid 2D premier seats.

So it will be interesting to see true comparison of actual tickets sold against the horridly overpriced 3D rubbish.

Somebody else should've won those tickets. :pfft: :lol

Nah, different strokes for different folks. I'm a little too excited for this right now. I definitely need some sleep to prepare me for the 8+ hours of Batman tomorrow, but I don't even know if that's physically possible right now. Things like this certainly don't help matters:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T__uN5xmC0[/ame]

Wow. Just read Harry Knowles' spoiler filled review (man is he pissed!) and a lot of my fears and reasons for not being hyped for this were confirmed. It's rather unfortunate, but I had no plans to see it this weekend and that and a few other reviews don't make me want to run. I am though interested to see if others have that "Fanboy over The Dark Knight turned venomously angry over The Dark Knight Rises" reaction.

Wow. Just read Harry Knowles' spoiler filled review (man is he pissed!) and a lot of my fears and reasons for not being hyped for this were confirmed. It's rather unfortunate, but I had no plans to see it this weekend and that and a few other reviews don't make me want to run. I am though interested to see if others have that "Fanboy over The Dark Knight turned venomously angry over The Dark Knight Rises" reaction.

I was surprised when i read Ebert gave ASM a better review. Hmmm, maybe i'll wait for the DVD after all.

I guess it comes down to this simple fact.

____ the comics. And thou shall enjoy the film.

I've done that already, so now I might enjoy the film. :lol

i couldn't believe when i heard that people threatened a movie critic when they said they didn't like the last batman movie..movie fans need to seriously chill. not everyone is going to like all the same movies as we all like..

Well, this is the last hoorah of their meaningless, petty, shallow little lives until they can hopelessly, obsessively latch onto some new persona to give their pathetic, valueless lives some new meaning. :huh

" The only reason I want to see DARK KNIGHT RISES again, is to see the MAN OF STEEL trailer in front of it."

Wow.

i couldn't believe when i heard that people threatened a movie critic when they said they didn't like the last batman movie..movie fans need to seriously chill. not everyone is going to like all the same movies as we all like..

Wow, that's a little extreme. I don't get riled up by someone else not liking a movie that I loved since everyone has different tastes, so I guess I don't understand that.

His opinion doesn't count. I'm 80 percent sure that he's a Leprechaun (The other fifteen says he's an alien). Regardless, mythical creatures do not contribute to the Tomatometer. :lecture

so I take it this isn't as great as people where expecting?

It's at 87 percent right now. I'd say that there are still at least 100 reviews that are not yet accounted for, so it seems like it could go either way.

so I take it this isn't as great as people where expecting?

Are you surprised. People kept acting like this was the second coming and hyped it like crazy. Man I feel sorry for solid snake .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back