The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Obviously Marion Cotillard plays Thalia

Thalia? The Mexican singer and actress? I would have never thought Nolan would have gone that route....

ThaliaSodi.jpg

(Not a great joke but a joke nonetheless...)

Ok, Now I really gotta stop watching this thread!

Pretty cooooool news though.

I'm really excited for Bane myself I'm really digging his look. Actually it's Catwoman/Selina that's got me a tad bit worried. But even then "In Nolan We Trust."

I agree. I think Bane looks fine. Im more interested in what works for the story and good acting than a 7 ft behemoth lumbering around. I have no tsk whatsoever with Hardy being his size. And for some reason thinking of Nolan having him digitally enhanced to appear bigger is a serious turn off to me. Im more wary about Catwoman.

So lets see, if (and these are all "ifs" not how I think the movie will play out) he's really a LOS member, an even match with Batman, shorter than 6 foot and has an average muscular body type, what characteristics make this character Bane and not a generic super thug that goes toe to toe with Batman?

He no longer seems extraordinary when you strip him of all of the things the character had going for him.

So lets see, if (and these are all "ifs" not how I think the movie will play out) he's really a LOS member, an even match with Batman, shorter than 6 foot and has an average muscular body type, what characteristics make this character Bane and not a generic super thug that goes toe to toe with Batman?

He no longer seems extraordinary when you strip him of all of the things the character had going for him.

Beside's the fact that Hardy is ____ing HUGE. He may also have been trained by Ras. So his fighting skills might even surpass Batty's, Just look at the video of the fight going on. Batman is struggling. They'll use some sort of venom. I really doubt Nolan uses CGI or film tricks to make him taller. Not his style what-so-ever.

Beside's the fact that Hardy is ____ing HUGE. He may also have been trained by Ras. So his fighting skills might even surpass Batty's, Just look at the video of the fight going on.

If Hardy is huge, what the hell is Arnold Schwarzenegger? To me he doesn't look much bigger than Bale. In fact, Bale is taller and more built than him. I also remember Ras beating the ____ out of Batman on the train and The Joker beating him senseless at the Prewitt building. Plus weren't all the Nijas (or "pawns") that Batman fought trained by Ras also? Batman took them down pretty quick didn't he and they all had face gear.

Also, dogs, don't forget dogs.

Arnie is bigger then Hardy yes. But Ras wasn't even half the size of Bane and Batman struggled. Bane is gonna be a power house man. Bane's gonna give him a run for his cash.

The fight scenes in this look to be much more choreographed and longer then the previous ones. Can't ____ing wait!!!

Arnie is bigger then Hardy yes. But Ras wasn't even half the size of Bane and Batman struggled. Bane is gonna be a power house man. Bane's gonna give him a run for his cash.

But Liam Neeson is a tall mother ____er. Hardy is a midget compared to him, that's not an exaggeration either.

If Hardy isn't this great big power house in terms of bulk and isn't tall, and there won't be any forced perspective or CGI how am I supposed to believe he can even touch Batman? The little mask on his face?

That's all I'm saying. I think they'll use the perspective angle and body doubles to give a sense that Bane is a larger, more fearsome adversary than Batman. If that's not the route they take, then why even bother? Bane just becomes a little punk with a mask that can somehow beat and outwit Batman.

it's funny how late yahoo news is at reporting the leaked pictures

I also just realized that Bane from Batman, is the guy from inception!

But Liam Neeson is a tall mother ____er. Hardy is a midget compared to him, that's not an exaggeration either.

If Hardy isn't this great big power house in terms of bulk and isn't tall, and there won't be any forced perspective or CGI how am I supposed to believe he can even touch Batman? The little mask on his face?

That's all I'm saying. I think they'll use the perspective angle and body doubles to give a sense that Bane is a larger, more fearsome adversary than Batman. If that's not the route they take, then why even bother? Bane just becomes a little punk with a mask that can somehow beat and outwit Batman.

He's only like 4 inches shorter right? Plus, you can't notice how tall someone is in film very easily. Ras was tall yeah. But you couldn't tell that much on screen.

If you look at this pic it's really not that big of a deal that he is shorter. You can barely notice it. If you show it to somebody who doesn't know the height difference no one can tell. Just tried it on my cousin who didn't know and the first thing that came out of his mouth was "Damn, That guys funking huge" just saying. :dunno

0801-dark-knight-rises-pittsburgh-00-480x641.jpg

They both look average height to me.
christian-bale-pittsburgh-filming.jpg

bane-tom-hardy-datk-knight-rises.jpg

Bane looks bad ass in the video officially released.... And guess what... That video clearly had Bane ripped with CGI. So those of you who think CGI isn't nolan's style, I guess you have to remember it's a superhero movie where Tom Hardy is Bane. And I don't really remember Bane too much as a kid, but didn't he have some sort of juice to make himself huge? Maybe he hasn't juiced yet. No matter... Nolan is far and away my favorite director. He's never let me down with any of his movies and his casting choices have almost always been stellar. (Rachel Dawes cough cough)

Man... This movie and The Avengers
is going to cost me thousands. Gotta get my first Batman, probably a DX02 2.0 (deep down, you know it to be plausible), Bane, Catwoman, Tumbler (they already have the mold, probably new features/gadgets), and at least Gordon. Avengers is going to be costly as I'm holding out on Marvel until then cuz their new costumes are shweet!

Talked to a friend of my wife's tonight, and she got selected in an open casting call in Pittsburgh as an extra for this. That, and she just found out she's about 2 weeks pregnant :) She'll be playing a police officer.

Bane looks bad ass in the video officially released.... And guess what... That video clearly had Bane ripped with CGI. So those of you who think CGI isn't nolan's style, I guess you have to remember it's a superhero movie where Tom Hardy is Bane.

If you're referring to the teaser. And these shots:
Screenshot2011-08-01at110017PM.png

Screenshot2011-07-18at103450AM.png

Then you're wrong. There isn't any CGI what-so-ever in them.

You might have got confused, but Bane isn't walking towards Bat's he is walking up stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back