The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

If you're referring to the teaser. And these shots:
Screenshot2011-08-01at110017PM.png

Screenshot2011-07-18at103450AM.png

Then you're wrong. There isn't any CGI what-so-ever in them.

You might have got confused, but Bane isn't walking towards Bat's he is walking up stairs.

No, I'm referring to the picture of Bane looking over his shoulder.

Oh, this guy?
Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane.jpg

Still no CGI man.:dunno

Seriously? Man... Hardy's traps got huge since Inception. Looking more closely, I think you're right. And regardless of any effects, I'm more than happy with his appearance. Now someone get me pics of Anne Hathaway in a catsuit! :D

Seriously? Man... Hardy's traps got huge since Inception. Looking more closely, I think you're right. And regardless of any effects, I'm more than happy with his appearance. Now someone get me pics of Anne Hathaway in a catsuit! :D

Yup. He got ___n ripped. You also have to remember that they shot Inception almost 2 years ago, so he had plenty of time. Plus, he hit the gym hard for his new boxing movie "Warrior."

He's only like 4 inches shorter right? Plus, you can't notice how tall someone is in film very easily. Ras was tall yeah. But you couldn't tell that much on screen.

If you look at this pic it's really not that big of a deal that he is shorter. You can barely notice it. If you show it to somebody who doesn't know the height difference no one can tell. Just tried it on my cousin who didn't know and the first thing that came out of his mouth was "Damn, That guys funking huge" just saying. :dunno

0801-dark-knight-rises-pittsburgh-00-480x641.jpg

They both look average height to me.
christian-bale-pittsburgh-filming.jpg

bane-tom-hardy-datk-knight-rises.jpg

more like 6 inches, Neeson is reported a solid 6'4 in his prime, even nowadays he looks really tall couldnt have loss much height due to old age. while Bale is a solid 6' and ledger being 6'1. Bane wouldnt look too intimidating in a line up with ras or joker.

p.s bale looks bigger than he was in TDK in those pics. look at his traps shoulders and biceps.

Last edited:

6 inches? Maybe i'm misunderstanding

Tom Hardy is 5'10

Bale is 6 ft

Only 2 inch height difference which i'm sure will be overcome using a combo of trick camera work/potential CGI and practical effects like platform boots

im talking about the comparison with neeson. maybe i misunderstood him lol

Last edited:

Bane looks bad ass in the video officially released.... And guess what... That video clearly had Bane ripped with CGI. So those of you who think CGI isn't nolan's style, I guess you have to remember it's a superhero movie where Tom Hardy is Bane. And I don't really remember Bane too much as a kid, but didn't he have some sort of juice to make himself huge? Maybe he hasn't juiced yet. No matter... Nolan is far and away my favorite director. He's never let me down with any of his movies and his casting choices have almost always been stellar. (Rachel Dawes cough cough)

Man... This movie and The Avengers
is going to cost me thousands. Gotta get my first Batman, probably a DX02 2.0 (deep down, you know it to be plausible), Bane, Catwoman, Tumbler (they already have the mold, probably new features/gadgets), and at least Gordon. Avengers is going to be costly as I'm holding out on Marvel until then cuz their new costumes are shweet!

There won't be ANY CGI used for Bane. Bet on it.

It could go either way with CGI - i'm not worried one bit though about Bane not looking large or threatening enough on film

This has to be scenes of the "before" Bane.

OR the final footage will include some enhancement to make him look bigger :dunno

Either way - I wouldn't expect what you see on the set pics and videos to just appear the same way on the film.

No one else commented on my theory I mentioned last week, but I'm still thinking Bane needs his mask to live, that's why it goes through his mouth, helps him breathe. If the mask is removed he will die. You can see the scar on his back, so he already had some kind of surgery so its probably all tied together.

I think whatever surgery he had makes him stronger but doubt he will grow to like 7 feet.

6 inches? Maybe i'm misunderstanding

Tom Hardy is 5'10

Bale is 6 ft

Only 2 inch height difference which i'm sure will be overcome using a combo of trick camera work/potential CGI and practical effects like platform boots

If Hardy is only 2 inches shorter then Bale Nolan is not gonna use CGI or trick film shots. Especially if he didn't care about the height between Bale and Neeson. He's gonna shoot it like a regular movie. Believe me, you won't be able to tell. And it most certainly won't take you out of the movie.

I think he's going to look exactly as he looks like in those pics. They'll make him intimidating by his actions. If he was going to have CGI added there would be markers on his costume for the effects artists to track.

I think he's going to look exactly as he looks like in those pics. They'll make him intimidating by his actions. If he was going to have CGI added there would be markers on his costume for the effects artists to track.

:goodpost::exactly:

Im not worried about the height issue at all. I mean michael keaton was 5'10 and he intimidating as batman (well not really but still :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back