The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Damn I was just down there too. I just got home after a long drive lol. That sucks.
Glad you got a glimpse of the action. That was very cool to see I am sure.

My Bestie and I decided to prowl the streets of Downtown tonight in search of "The Dark Knight Rises" set. We found the set last week, but had missed all the action. We had no idea where to go (checked out the 3rd street tunnel where they shot that 'car wall' set up but no evidence of said set remained). We just started going up and down streets until we spotted a very simple "MR" in Black Block letters above an arrow against a plain yellow sign about 10x15 attached to a lamppost. We both yelled in unison "Magnus Rex!" So we followed the arrow. Then another. Then another. Another and then... BAM. Trucks and Trucks and Trucks galore (Production for this film is INSANE!!) lined the streets around the 6th St. Bridge and there appeared to be a set up ontop of the bridge itself. We quickly pulled a U to see if the bridge was still open to the public... it was! We drove on it and right at the top were two large spot lights illuminating a platform that had been built over the LA River below. We quickly got to the other side of the bridge, parked and high-tailed it back up to the top of the bridge, peered over and there was all the crew..... and Christopher Nolan .... directing Batman.

AWESOME!!

There was gun fire and smoke. Though we couldn't see what they were actually filming as it was taking place directly under the bridge, it was awesome just to be on the set of a Batman film and see him standing there. Especially a Christopher Nolan Batman film. Throw in a long day soaking up the SoCal sun and surf followed by Umami Burger and this was a most successful day off :)

what time was all of this? man i wanna go check it out :/

They finished shooting around 11:30, but I believe they are going to be in the same location every night through Sunday (Maybe Saturday as I feel they don't shoot on Sunday's...). I'd def recommend doing what I did and heading to the 6th St. Bridge, but also, I'd try and see if you can get a direct view of what's going on under the bridge from the next bridge North (not exactly sure what street that would be). You'd have to bring some binoculars or something to get a good look, but you'd def have a straight view of the action!

They finished shooting around 11:30, but I believe they are going to be in the same location every night through Sunday (Maybe Saturday as I feel they don't shoot on Sunday's...). I'd def recommend doing what I did and heading to the 6th St. Bridge, but also, I'd try and see if you can get a direct view of what's going on under the bridge from the next bridge North (not exactly sure what street that would be). You'd have to bring some binoculars or something to get a good look, but you'd def have a straight view of the action!

So lucky dude.

christian-bale-dark-knight-rises-set-09082011-04.jpg

:yess:

that's one of the most bad ass cars I've ever seen in my life. I bet Bale owns one of those.

yeah man, i would pick a lambo over any exotic car.... Lambo > Ferrari, bugatti (it looks dumb), Porsche....

yeah man, i would pick a lambo over any exotic car.... Lambo > Ferrari, bugatti (it looks dumb), Porsche....

Absolutely - but I think i'd probably go for an Aston Martin If/when I had the dough, a little less flashy but still classy as hell

Absolutely - but I think i'd probably go for an Aston Martin If/when I had the dough, a little less flashy but still classy as hell

yeah thats a good choice too, however if you're ballin i would be just alittle more flashy than that. doesnt have that same wow factor as would seeing a lambo on the street.

looks like a lambo reventon or the new lambo aventador. i have one. its just 1:32 scale from dub city.:)

The cars that I would put on the same awesomeness as that Lambo is the Audi from IM2, and I believe it was a TVR from swordfish. Those 3 cars would be my dream cars, adding a Eleanor to it too.

unless i missed it, none of you have commented on Marion Cotillard saying shes not a character from the comics meaning she not Talia. She was interviewed by MTV the other day:

https://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/6...s-character-is-not-from-the-comic-books.jhtml

I dont think this qualifies for the spoiler tag as its my speculation but what if marion is indeed no talia, but the love that ra's mentioned in the first movie?

"I wasn't always here in the mountains, once i had a wife, my great love..... she was taken from me"

I assumed he meant dead but they could ret-con that Sandman kidnapped her right after he shot Uncle Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back