The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Yes, he works better at night but we have seen no footage of him operating in daytime yet. The photos can't tell us how it will be on screen (though I would be happy with that too.)

I'm quite happy to see something different like this IF there is a reason behind it. With Nolan there will be.

"Get the pitchforks and rope boys.. time for a lynching!"

:lol

:lol :lol :lol

Oh well, even if no new suit, hopefully HT will give us a much improved TDK figure than the long neck statue I have on my shelf, which may or may not melt in the near future :lol

I like that the reason he even got his TDK suit to begin with was to be more agile and mobile, yet DX02 is stiff as all hell. :lol

My thought is that crime doesn't always wait for night time... If there is something major going down Bruce isn't going to say to himself "Well, it's still daylight so I guess I can't do anything right now..."

Nobody thinks that maybe he CAN'T change the outfit cause something happened at Wayne tech or Lucius?
Maybe Lucius get killed before he can do a new suit or him, and also in that moment Bane get the chance to steal some of the tech that Batman uses (tumbler for example)... remember that Bruce only paint his suits! He doesn't make them...

my two cents =)

In the context of Nolan's world, I am comfortable with seeing Bats operate in the day light. Its a natural progression of the character in a world where his presence is needed at any time of day. Even if its inconvenient from a tactical or theatrical perspective.

but he's called BAT man, not ...(can't think of creature that only comes out during the day)...man!

So what we've established is there's a double standard. The fans will use Nolan as a defense on why something completely unnecessary has been redone. But will use him to justify why that same thing hasn't been redone. :cuckoo: :lol

I want to have Nolan's baby

Your "special bus" offspring:

picture.php

bats.org.uk said:
Although bats are nocturnal creatures they do sometimes emerge to hunt for insects during the day.

This is more common on mild winter days or during the early spring when bats wake naturally from hibernation and come out to stock up their reserves and hunt insects that may also have emerged because of the mild weather. After this they go back to their hibernation site to sleep until the next mild spell.

Oh Bane! You insect!

But it all fits with the winter scenes. :)

If there is something major going down Bruce isn't going to say to himself "Well, it's still daylight so I guess I can't do anything right now..."

True.. but then (based on TDK) he would do it AS Bruce Wayne. Not Batman.

Assassination attempt on the mayor = Daytime = Bruce Wayne.

Gotham General about to be blown up/Death Threat on that snitch from Wayne Enterprises = Daytime = Bruce Wayne.

Ultimately, who cares.. we'll see if it sucks or not. But just in general, the whole reason why Batman (specifically Nolan's version) doesn't work well in the daytime is because that whole persona is built around shadow and using the dark as a weapon to add to the mystery of the character Wayne created. Kinda hard to disappear (like Batman does so often) when it's broad daylight. :lol

There's also the fact that Bruce Wayne is supposed to have other resources. He has made aliases like "Matches Malone" where he goes into criminal territory in disguise.

It's a pity none of the films have depicted this. He could easily make up a persona to slip into and infiltrate criminal activity during the day or something instead of strolling around as Batman.

He could also dress up like Killer Croc and recount the fascinating story of throwing a rock at Batman. A big rock. That alone would easily get him into the good graces of the criminal underworld. So there's that too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back