The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

TDK for me is weak in the action department.

I still prefer Begins over TDK, but overall both are very good Batman movies.

Was that too long winded :lol

But that's my point. Breaking him publicly by tarnishing a reputation dilutes the impact of just beating his ass publicly and leaving him broken, for all to see. It makes the fight more about turning the people against Batman than taking the fight straight to him. And arguably, Nolan would get a better result having them hate Batman for hoping in a savior who failed them than turn against him because of a smear campaign.

I think they're trying to create a Ledger Bane :lol

I don't think that's it at all, atleast not for me. What does Burton have to do with this?

Begins and The Dark Knight are great, I love em, I'm just not impressed with what I've heard and seen with the direction, Bane and Catwoman so far. At this stage in 2007, my mind was blown. I mean, holy ____, new images of Batman and The Joker, Batman has a new suit, some kind of crazy ass bank heist filmed in IMAX, Harvey Dent, possibly Two-Face? It was nuts and the more I saw, the more I loved.

With TDKR it's really different. The only thing so far that I've dug was actually being a part of a Batman film in August (especially the Batman and Bane steps scene). The stuff with Bane, LOS, and even some of these rumors do nothing for me so far. I mean Bank Heist > terrorist plane hijack. Overall, it could be great, could be bad but it won't have any bearing on my feelings towards Begins and TDK (except the fact that I may not consider TDKR as part of the series if it sucks).

Burton has nothing really to do with it. I was just using it as an example of something original getting rebooted. Maybe setting yourself up for a disappointment might make you like it more.

So you just can't seem to get on the "hype" train it seems. This film (for me) has a lot going for it. Catwoman, Bane maybe Ras and the LOS and Talia. Filmed almost all in Imax and in a mostly winter setting. Sounds like between new and original for the last couple of films. I already know I'll like it.

Anyways, December seems like it will be an awesome month. The prologue and a theatrical trailer. On top of the Hobbit teaser. :panic:
too much awesomeness!

But that's my point. Breaking him publicly by tarnishing a reputation dilutes the impact of just beating his ass publicly and leaving him broken, for all to see. It makes the fight more about turning the people against Batman than taking the fight straight to him. And arguably, Nolan would get a better result having them hate Batman for hoping in a savior who failed them than turn against him because of a smear campaign.
lolcat_what.jpg

Burton has nothing really to do with it. I was just using it as an example of something original getting rebooted. Maybe setting yourself up for a disappointment might make you like it more.

So you just can't seem to get on the "hype" train it seems. This film (for me) has a lot going for it. Catwoman, Bane maybe Ras and the LOS and Talia. Filmed almost all in Imax and in a mostly winter setting. Sounds like between new and original for the last couple of films. I already know I'll like it.

Anyways, December seems like it will be an awesome month. The prologue and a theatrical trailer. On top of the Hobbit teaser. :panic:
too much awesomeness!

I'm onboard with you on everything you just said.

I think some just get frustrated with Nolan's 2 Batman movies being treated so sacred that the mere mention of "The Rock" as Bane is viewed as pure silliness.

Silliness already exists in his 2 Batman movies already. Not at the level of BF and B&R, but there are scenes that make you scratch your head.

I'm onboard with you on everything you just said.

I think some just get frustrated with Nolan's 2 Batman movies being treated so sacred that the mere mention of "The Rock" as Bane is viewed as pure silliness.

Silliness already exists in his 2 Batman movies already.

:lol I must admit that somebody like the rock being cast as a villain would be hard for me to accept. I like the rock and Vin Diesel in what they're good at. Bad-ass mofos with awesome esplosions :lol

You watched The Dark Knight right? Batman is already hated by most of Gotham.

Still not sure if I'm on the right page with you. You want batman to get his ass beat so Gotham can hate him (when the already do). But you also want Bane to to beat up batman so Gotham can hate him? (Which they already do).

wtf_trollcat.jpg

You watched The Dark Knight right? Batman is already hated by most of Gotham.

Still not sure if I'm on the right page with you. You want batman to get his ass beat so Gotham can hate him (when the already do). But you also want Bane to to beat up batman so Gotham can hate him? (Which they already do).

wtf_trollcat.jpg

So essentially you're agreeing with me by saying that Bane's public exploits in TDKR are pointless. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

im with ya Zachw117 I dont think he's remembering whats already happened from TDK because yes you are right, they are already going to hate him because he was the cause of Harvey Dents death and then he just takes off. And its much more powerful to destroy someones reputation than to just beat him up. We do this in politics all the time, they destroy each others character. If you just physically beat him up then he becomes a sympathetic character and people will go after Bane for it.

But whatever, ive already wasted too much time trying to talk to someone I will always disagree with....

Why bother destroying a reputation that's already destroyed? :dunno

So essentially you're agreeing with me by saying that Bane's public exploits in TDKR are pointless. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:
:lol
What public exploits? You've seen the film!? How was it!?!:panic::panic:

Just cause there is a picture of Bane ripping up Den't mug-shot doesn't mean he has a political agenda. Bane calls Batman out, it's the easiest way to find him, and probably because he knows that Batman will respond to the call.
My guess, Bane's mission is to take down Gotham, just like the task that Ras tried to push onto Wayne.

Of course Batman is going to try and stop him. If he didn't there wouldn't be a film.
:lol I'm sorry but your not making any sense to me Nam. :dunno

:lol
What public exploits? You've seen the film!? How was it!?!:panic::panic:

Just cause there is a picture of Bane ripping up Den't mug-shot doesn't mean he has a political agenda. Bane calls Batman out, it's the easiest way to find him, and probably because he knows that Batman will respond to the call.
My guess, Bane's mission is to take down Gotham, just like the task that Ras tried to push onto Wayne.

Of course Batman is going to try and stop him. If he didn't there wouldn't be a film.
:lol I'm sorry but your not making any sense to me Nam. :dunno

Kinda hard to make sense when everything post about questioning Nolan has the fanboys going ":ignore:" :lol

It's fine if you question Nolan's decisions but you gotta explain to me what your questioning first! :lol

soooo.... when can i see leaky footage of the prologue? :lol

(not even going to attempt to re-join this debate at this stage :lol )

Lol good call Void. Someone post the MJ eating popcorn gif!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back