The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I love arguements about a movie's storyline that hasn't even come out yet. That's passion.

All you guys really know so far is that Bane is tiny. That is the debate. Carry on.

After this movie, being tiny is going to be the in thing, just wait and see.

Everyone is gonna wanna be tiny!

Ok, wife has confirmed that i'm already tiny :yess:

Hardy is going to own this role. He's the type of actor to really get into the character and with comic books getting around the set and the probability of Nolan explaining to him and the rest of the cast every little detail and sharing his vision I can only see this going right.
The height isn't going to be a problem on screen in the slightest , they'll probably make Bane look as if he's towering above Batman and if not they easily could have so obviously Nolan didn't want to. Even if he looks smaller on set it's all about how it's shown on screen.

As for Vin Diesel or the Rock in one of these movies I think they'd stand out like a sore thumb. I really can't see either of them acting along side this cast and in a movie with a tone like this and not look stupid. Sure there have been some average actors in the past movies but there is a difference between an average actor who fits in as a side character and a main character portrayed by an ex wrestler/action star in a somewhat serious movie with some of today's best actors in the cast.

I mean , can you imagine a final confrontation with Bale fighting Dwayne Johnson or Diesel with a Hans Zimmer score playing. It'd be like the final in the trilogy was a comedy piss take. :rotfl

Actually , now that I'm thinking about it that would be hilarious to see. :lol

Sure it's Batman but Nolan's past two movies have been on the more serious side and it's worked so far , I think this last movie is going to finish it off perfectly.

:goodpost: Agree.

Ken Watanabe void? Really? :lol

I liked him in the Last Samurai but other than that . . . :huh He has a small role in Begins, nothing special and he's HORRIBLE in Inception. I couldn't even understand him. At first I thought it was just me until reviews and reports came in with the same complaint.

I don't like how pretentious these Batman films, and fans have gotten. I prefer the simpler times with Batman Begins than I do now going into "OMG OSCAH WORTHY EPIC, TDKR, TEH NOLEN, TEH ACTORS". It just seems bloated and exaggerated to me. Begins was a humble effort for a super hero film. It was a good film and a fresh start and everyone didn't flock to it's feet and put it up on this huge pedestal. Even going into TDK was fine. It had that big, blockbuster feel to it where the hype was enormous and fun. It was Batman vs. Joker again, something people were anticipating for years.

Then after TDK came out, ____ got serious and the films seemed to be above criticism with exaggerated success.

No way would I want another Batman and Robin but I do think TDKR is looking to be the extreme opposite of it, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

I have taken this series seriously from the start. I love Burton's Batman movies, but there is a reason Batman Begins is in my all time top 5 favorite movies and Burton's are not.

Nolan's Bat movies are the only "superhero" movies I have seen that feel serious and deeply moving - like "oscar worthy" films. Not to say I don't enjoy most superhero movies, but this is just on a different level. If they are just another comic book series to you there is no need to bash others who see it as something more.

Difabio:
IMO Begins was the best superhero film ever made before TDK came out. Arguable it still is the best superhero film ever made.

And I don't think it's pretentious at all - Nolan makes high quality films and the fact that these happen to be Batman films doesn't make them any different. These films are not your regular summer blockbusters, come on, that much you have to admit? There is more sophistication and thought going into the Nolan Batman franchise than I have seen from any superhero franchise ever.

I think if TDKR does manage to do what Nolan wants it to - i.e. top his previous Batfilms, then it could be in line for some serious awards recognition.

Yeah, what he said. ^^^

I have taken this series seriously from the start. I love Burton's Batman movies, but there is a reason Batman Begins is in my all time top 5 favorite movies and Burton's are not.

Nolan's Bat movies are the only "superhero" movies I have seen that feel serious and deeply moving - like "oscar worthy" films. Not to say I don't enjoy most superhero movies, but this is just on a different level. If they are just another comic book series to you there is no need to bash others who see it as something more.

Yeah, what he said. ^^^

It's times like these when being late is in your favour Mag, well done son.

:lol

Oh and totally agreed :exactly:

Of course not. Of course I think these are of a higher caliber compared to say, Thor, Green Lantern, or most other superhero films out there.

BUT, as I stated above, I think their greatness is exaggerated (Batman Begins being the exception). I think Begins and The Dark Knight are great, fantastic, enjoyable films but when there's this emphasis on how they're rated, I sort of stand back and cringe. The Oscar talk, the "better than thou" attitude, academy award winners/nominees, box office numbers, rotten tomatoes etc. etc. It just feels totally contrived to me. If that's not pretentious, I don't know what is.

Contrived by whom? Is there some vast NolanBat conspiracy that I don't know about? :huh

^^^Well, I can't argue with that. :lol

However, the pole-squaters didn't pay off the critics included in the film review aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes.

I dunno, I haven't done this in awhile and I've got time to spare? They take me, what, a minute or two to make? I've always been a good bull____ter, maybe I'll inspire someone? :huh

Indeed. You have inspired me to re-unsubscribe to this thread! :lecture :nana:

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

It would be nice to see comic elements embraced instead of embarrassed by them. 70 years from now Batman comics will prolly still be produced while these films forgotten.

As much as I enjoyed Nolan's Batman flicks, I do hope that whoever takes over the next series ungrounds him.

While it's kind of a bummer that this Batman series is over, like you, I'm looking forward to a more, fantastic take on Batman. I want to see villains like Clayface, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze etc. in a serious take that I suppose wouldn't be possible in this series.

Fot the most part, I actually agree here. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hope the next series "ungrounds" Nolan (and to be honest I don't know what that means), but I hope the next incarnation is more fantastic and fun.

Something along the lines of the animated series, maybe a period piece, 30s/40s setting (a time where a Batman COULD exist) where the villains are more colorful (in appearance and in character) and have actual pathos.

Yep. Perfect example. BTAS managed to have real depth and intensity without being to "real world".

All that aside, I love what Nolan has done with Batman, and am glad that I have been along for the ride,

Nolan's Bat movies are the only "superhero" movies I have seen that feel serious and deeply moving - like "oscar worthy" films.

I bet they feel stilted and somewhat silly in 7 years. Not sure the 'great performances' will hold true in time -- except for Ledger and Wilkinson.

Our perception of what's "edgy" changes constantly. The Burton films were considered 'dark' and 'edgy' at one time. Can you believe it?

Anybody here doing that chant thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back