The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Never understood people who said it was on-par or even better than the original. That's crazy talk.

Well then, I suppose I'm full of crazy talk....

I'll say this, I saw Batman Returns when I was young, before I "knew" what Batman was... or more appropriately, WHO Batman was. Now let me be clear, I was already a full fledged Bat-Fan at this point. I grew up from as early as I can remember with the 60's series playing on tv all the time and watched Batman on VHS til the tape wore out. Had all the toys, yadda, yadda. And when Batman Returns came out, I was in love. It was the first movie poster I owned. I remember the day my dad took me to the local toy store and I picked up Catwoman and the two Penguin Soldier action figures. I remember taking every article of clothing out of my closet and putting them all on under a suit so that I would look like Penguin and queuing up the movie, pausing it then playing it right when Penguin's theme was firing on all cylinder's announcing myself as Penguin to my Parents and brother.... none of whom I think even stopped to turn around or acknowledge me.... The cable guy who was unfortunate enough to be there however did.....

All of this to say, I LOVE Batman Returns. And as I grew older and actually got into the Batman comics, as the Animated Series would come into my life, etc, etc I definitely began to realize that Batman had very strict parameters as to who he was and what he could / would do as a character. In hindsight, would I respond to Batman Returns the same way today were I seeing it for the first time? No, probably not. Penguin is a monster and Catwoman is a zombie. But back when I was 8, they WERE Penguin and Catwoman. Batman DID magically make that bomb appear on that Penguin thug's stomach and blew him up.... AND IT WAS AWESOME! I get why people hate on it, and cry foul... but before the age of syneocism dawned, it just wasn't in me.

And, it is important to note: I am a HUGE Tim Burton fan (which is not always easy). And I basically view Batman Returns as a GREAT Tim Burton film. As a Batman Film? Not so much. But it will always be aces to me. If for nothing more than snowy Gothic Gotham, Danny Elfman's score, and Michelle F'in Pfieffer's brilliant portrayal of Catwoman.

Last edited:

That is because Returns is a true Tim Burton movie, not a Batman movie.

Returns is alot like batman though. It fits batman so well. To me though

I preferred Returns as well as a kid. Seen it first and still love it.

And, it is important to note: I am a HUGE Tim Burton fan (which is not always easy). And I basically view Batman Returns as a GREAT Tim Burton film. As a Batman Film? Not so much. But it will always be aces to me. If for nothing more than snowy Gothic Gotham, Danny Elfman's score, and Michelle F'in Pfieffer's brilliant portrayal of Catwoman.

:exactly: :clap

That is because Returns is a true Tim Burton movie, not a Batman movie.

Regardless, I think it's the better movie of the two. I love them both, but Returns > '89.

It's one of Burton's most defining movies. It's just a bonus that it has Batman in it.

With all the debating of who the best Batman was after Begins and TDK I don't think they'll be much to compare between Pfeiffer and Hathaway. Pfeiffer was a brilliant catwoman.
No one has seen the movie yet though I suppose !.

We haven't seen squat of Catwoman other than one official pic and tons of fan pics.

It would take a lot to top Pfeiffer's Catwoman no doubt, but the same was said about Nicholson's Joker.

We haven't seen squat of Catwoman other than one official pic and tons of fan pics.

It would take a lot to top Pfeiffer's Catwoman no doubt, but the same was said about Nicholson's Joker.

I see them as two separate entities, much like Ledger's Joker and Nicholson's.

Shame that Pfeiffer didn't have a Batpod to straddle.

I dissapoint sad :monkey2

Last edited:

I loved first Batman when I was little but.... I liked the Joker but I honestly Feel with all my heart that.... Freaking Prince, RUINED the Joker and almost ruined that Batman movie, WTF seriously What the F___
having the Joker dance to Prince, that's like worst than what Schumacher did, Actually people hate Schumacher but at least he didn't have the Joker dancing to Prince... Oh God, even when I was a child I remember fast forwarding some of those parts....:slap that was just...awful
(almost worst than the bat nipples lol)

The Joker dancing in the museum was just to show you how crazy and fu&%ed up he really was . Yeah it sucked that he was dancing to prince but....

Just Sayin

I despise Prince with every fiber of my being, but it really didn't affect the movie for me. It's not like he was there, rubbing his hairy chest on everybody, cooing like a girl and licking the microphone. :lol

I despise Prince with every fiber of my being, but it really didn't affect the movie for me. It's not like he was there, rubbing his hairy chest on everybody, cooing like a girl and licking the microphone. :lol

funnyprince.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back