The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

The Joker dancing in the museum was just to show you how crazy and fu&%ed up he really was . Yeah it sucked that he was dancing to prince but....

Just Sayin

I know but they could have used better music, other type of music, something weird and crazy,
it was meant to show how crazy and F'ed up he was but then The Joker and the guys with him destroying the art dancing, it doesn't look crazy to me but looks cheesy, ridiculous and lame,
Like I said, people give hell to Schumacher but that dance scene was cheesy, but I never really hear any criticism for using Prince, is just weird, the only thing I hate about the movie, the movie was awesome otherwise lol

I despise Prince with every fiber of my being, but it really didn't affect the movie for me. It's not like he was there, rubbing his hairy chest on everybody, cooing like a girl and licking the microphone. :lol

I don't really hate Prince, never really hated him or his music, I mean, never really cared, I really do hate that they used his music for Batman, I mean, I hate Prince for ruining batman that way, Is cool that it didn't affect the movie for you, I wish I could say the same, but to me it ruined it a little,
i mean he was not in the movie rubbing his hairy chest on everybody, cooing like a girl and licking the microphone, But then again there is that one video he made....
All I'm saying is, This should NOT exist:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxySK01v1os[/ame]

(This is worst than watching Batman and Robin lol)

I'm glad I wasn't alive when that music video came out. Wow. I feel sorry for the guys that were.

I don't mind "Partyman" and "Trust", I think they actually fit the Joker's character and in the context of the film. The Joker is ____ing insane. I mean, not only is he vandalizing and destroying art with his own twisted "artistic vision" he's dancing around innocent people that he just killed while he does it.

That's definitely the Joker. Do I like Prince? No, but everything from "Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds" to saving "Figure with Meat" because he "kinda likes that one" is great. I can't imagine the scene without it.

Trust, I actually like. It makes sense, "hubba, hubba, hubba, money, money, money, who do you trust". The Joker is like, the ultimate showman and once he notices Batman in the sky, the entire tone of the scene gets darker and changes when Trust dies down. It's appropriate.

The actual Elfman soundtrack is enough to counter and balance any problem I have with Prince being attached to the film. Nolan and other modern directors don't have that mandate to have record music deals with their films. Back in the 80s, it was practically essential. Batman, Terminator, you name it. I kind of miss it now but times are different. Everything is "serious business".

EDIT:

And Batdance isn't in the film. That wouldn't have made sense.

I loved first Batman when I was little but.... I liked the Joker but I honestly Feel with all my heart that.... Freaking Prince, RUINED the Joker and almost ruined that Batman movie, WTF seriously What the F___
having the Joker dance to Prince, that's like worst than what Schumacher did, Actually people hate Schumacher but at least he didn't have the Joker dancing to Prince... Oh God, even when I was a child I remember fast forwarding some of those parts....:slap that was just...awful
(almost worst than the bat nipples lol)

Worse not worst.

Penguin... humping everything that breathes.

picture.php

:lol

So many great sexual innuendos from Penguin in Batman Returns. "I'd like to fill her void".

I don't mind "Partyman" and "Trust", I think they actually fit the Joker's character and in the context of the film. The Joker is ____ing insane. I mean, not only is he vandalizing and destroying art with his own twisted "artistic vision" he's dancing around innocent people that he just killed while he does it.

That's definitely the Joker. Do I like Prince? No, but everything from "Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds" to saving "Figure with Meat" because he "kinda likes that one" is great. I can't imagine the scene without it.

Trust, I actually like. It makes sense, "hubba, hubba, hubba, money, money, money, who do you trust". The Joker is like, the ultimate showman and once he notices Batman in the sky, the entire tone of the scene gets darker and changes when Trust dies down. It's appropriate.

The actual Elfman soundtrack is enough to counter and balance any problem I have with Prince being attached to the film. Nolan and other modern directors don't have that mandate to have record music deals with their films. Back in the 80s, it was practically essential. Batman, Terminator, you name it. I kind of miss it now but times are different. Everything is "serious business".

EDIT:

And Batdance isn't in the film. That wouldn't have made sense.

:goodpost: I really have nothing to add. I love the art museum scene and I can't imagine it with different music.

I admit that Prince dates the film a little, but that happens whenever you play contemporary music (as opposed to orchestral score) in a film.

Ok who brought up that Prince was in this movie. Got dammit now I remembered he was in a batman movie. I hate that guy so much. Girls love him for some reason.

Official Press Release from Warner Bros. about TDKR Prologue

“The Dark Knight Rises”—the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy—is one of the most anticipated films of 2012, but moviegoers won’t have to wait until next year to see the six-minute opening sequence of the film. The film’s prologue will be unveiled exclusively in select 70mm IMAX® theatres worldwide. The announcement was made today by Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan-Rubinek, President of International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The Prologue will be released in North America on December 16, and in the UK on December 21, 2011. Additional international dates vary by territory and will be announced soon.
In making the 2008 blockbuster “The Dark Knight,” Nolan was the first to use IMAX® cameras in a major motion picture release, and, as now, audiences were given an advance look at that film’s prologue months prior to the Summer 2008 opening. Nolan employed the extremely high-resolution cameras even more extensively on “The Dark Knight Rises”—including the film’s prologue—to achieve unprecedented crispness and clarity and a truly immersive experience for the moviegoers.
Christopher Nolan stated, “Our experience on ‘The Dark Knight’ shooting and projecting IMAX 15 perf 65mm/70mm film was inspiring. The immersive quality of the image goes beyond any other filmmaking tool available, and in revisiting Gotham, we were determined to shoot even more of the movie in this unique format. Giving the fans an early look at an IMAX sequence is a great way to draw attention to what I believe will be an incredible way to experience our story when it comes out next summer.”
Link includes list of theaters.

Im pretty sure its just parts, but apparently a lot more than they did for The Dark Knight.

Not that changing screen size crap again :lol

C'mon WB, don't be cheap now, especially when your poised to make trillions of TDKR and already made billions of TDK :pfft:

Cheap bastards.

I want a 100% IMAX BANE experience. :tap

That man Hardy is going to need all the size help he can get :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back