The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

**CONFIRMED** Batman dies.

iwillhuntyou128571747285605486.jpg

:lol

I'm pretty sure the kids will cry there ass off if that happened.

Being serious for a minute, people need to remember: Batman and Bruce Wayne are two different entities.

So is it possible that "Batman" dies in TDKR? Yes.

Is it possible that Bruce Wayne dies in TDKR? Nope.

Being serious for a minute, people need to remember: Batman and Bruce Wayne are two different entities.

Well, it IS possible for both to die.

But what is probably IMO is that Batman does but Bruce doesn't, or neither do

Why isn't it possible? :huh

I doubt it will happen, but I don't see why it couldn't.

Haven't you got that round the wrong way? :confused: Isn't it far more likely that Bruce could die than Batman, Batman is an idea or symbol, others can take the mantle.

Why isn't it possible? :huh
Because as much as people like to label it "Nolan's Batman" it's not. It's Warner Brothers & DC Comic's Batman. And they would never approve Bruce Wayne dying. It'll never happen.

Haven't you got that round the wrong way? :confused: Isn't it far more likely that Bruce could die than Batman, Batman is an idea or symbol, others can take the mantle.
No I got it right. Since Batman is an idea/symbol Bruce could easily "kill off" Batman and then later on if needed bring him back. No one knows that Wayne is Batman, so from their point of view it would just be someone new taking over. Or (on another level) it would add to the mystique of the character because people would start thinking that Batman was more than a man i.e. he could come back to life.

If they,

A. Let Gotham know that Bruce Wayne = Batman

or

B. Kill off Bruce Wayne, for real

then ____ this movie. That's too far and seems to be reaching for some "climatic" shock value. I don't think it'll happen, but the rumors going around certainly make it seem possible. I'd be fine with people thinking that Batman died when in reality, Wayne is fine but has moved into a new role (think the Dark Knight Returns). If they kill him though or if the entire world finds out who he is, well, damn, way to ____ up the series.

I want Gordon to know, not hinted or implied but have us flat out know that Gordon knows who Batman is. I realize that may not be faithful to comics but I feel like in Nolan's movies, it could make some interesting dialog and all between the two if he knows and acknowleges it.

Unless Bruce goes too far and kills Bane, then he'd kill Batman so he could never kill again...?

As for Gordon, if Bruce actually visits him in a suit and ski mask, if Gordon can't figure out that the mysterious individual sitting across from him in a $2000 suit isn't Bruce Wayne/Batman, then he probably shouldn't be in the hospital, but rather a group home.

I think he kicks Bane's ass in the end. Batman was dominating in the scene in Pittsburgh on the steps. If he "dies", I don't think it would be at the hands of Bane. I've seen Rocky references being thrown around quite a bit so I expect Batman to come back and win.

The speculation I've seen is that Batman becomes a martyr and hauls Bane's bomb thing out to sea with the Batwing and blows up.

set-ny-31out2011_f01.jpg

People seem to think/want him to die that way. Some cliched, "OH BRUCE SAVED THE CITY'S LIFE BY SACRIFICING HIS OWN" crap. If that does happen, the whole, hauling the bomb out of harms way and it detonates, Wayne better not die. If the sequence is true, maybe he survives the blast and "fakes" his death TDKR style.

Let's not forget the scene that they filmed on that Queensboro bridge with Wayne scaling the side. Maybe the city is looking for Batman's obliterated body when in reality, he didn't blow up and he's hiding up above on the bridge.

5zvRd.jpg

I want Gordon to know, not hinted or implied but have us flat out know that Gordon knows who Batman is. I realize that may not be faithful to comics but I feel like in Nolan's movies, it could make some interesting dialog and all between the two if he knows and acknowleges it.

Its been a while since I read it ... but didn't Gordon know in Miller's Dark Knight Returns? Nolan's Dark Knight Rises looks more and more like an adaptation of Miller's Dark Knight Returns, so I wouldn't be surprised.

SnakeDoc

Its been a while since I read it ... but didn't Gordon know in Miller's Dark Knight Returns? Nolan's Dark Knight Rises looks more and more like an adaptation of Miller's Dark Knight Returns, so I wouldn't be surprised.

SnakeDoc

I really hope they don't ____ on the dark knight returns

I wonder why they didn't just title this "The Dark Knight Returns". Seems similar enough, especially with the whole 8 years later setting. I remember that report that stated that Nolan and Co. and Warner Bros. didn't agree on a title and that TDKRises was the settlement. I wonder if they did want to go the Returns route?

If Nolan wanted to call it Returns, It'd be called Returns

Rises must be there for a reason, also I can't help but think its also there as it ties with the 'why do we fall Bruce' theme from Begins

I can see Batman faking his death though at the end

It would have been a mistake, IMO, to call it Dark Knight Returns if it want's a direct adaptation.
I'm neither a huge Nolan Batman or Miller fan but TDKR (Returns, that is) is a huge landmark in the Batman mythos. It shouldn't be referenced lightly.

If Nolan wanted to call it Returns, It'd be called Returns

Rises must be there for a reason, also I can't help but think its also there as it ties with the 'why do we fall Bruce' theme from Begins

I can see Batman faking his death though at the end

:lecture I agree. I think it would be nicely circular to tie into Thomas Wayne's dialogue from BB.

My guess is that it takes some elements from Miller's TDKR ... possibly a cross between TDKR and Knightfall.

The 8-year gap certainly has elements of Miller's TDKR, though only if Batman is actually retired during the gap. I can certainly see blending Knightfall's Bane with the Mutants from TDKR to create a threat extreme enough to draw a retired Bruce Wayne back into the game.

Obviously, without the Joker, Superman, Carrie, the Robin history, etc., it can't be a direct adaptation. I think the title itself is intended to hint at drawing from Miller ... particularly since Miller was so influential on Begins. If you're going to adapt Miller's beginning, and Loeb's middle act ... I don't think you can do a much better finale than using Miller's end.

SnakeDoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back