The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Here's a wallpaper version of the poster, right off of the website's background:

bg3.jpg

Would be cool to see Batmans cowl get punched off his face and have him continue fighting with it off.

Maybe then Hot Toys can give us a busted up Bale headsculpt.

Maybe now we'll finally get to see a "damaged" suit. It always looks perfect in Begins and TDK, except for some powder and ____ on the Begins suit in the beginning of TDK.

Last time we saw a FUBAR Batman was in '89 after the Batwing crashes into the steps. I know Maulfan has brought it up, that's definitely something I want to see here. In '89 he had shrapnel in his face, cuts, a burnt bat symbol, wounds and he was limping and STILL going on, I wanna see that implemented here after a fight with Bane. It better not be like the end of TDK where, after dog bits, getting pummeled with a pipe and getting shot, he didn't seem to have a single scratch on him.

Agreed, hopefully this is a true sign of events of the movie and not just a symbol for Bane breaking Batman but not literally doing so.

Would be cool to see Batmans cowl get punched off his face and have him continue fighting with it off.

Maybe then Hot Toys can give us a busted up Bale headsculpt.

:thud:
wow, that sounds all kinds of amazing

Maybe now we'll finally get to see a "damaged" suit. It always looks perfect in Begins and TDK, except for some powder and ____ on the Begins suit in the beginning of TDK.

Last time we saw a FUBAR Batman was in '89 after the Batwing crashes into the steps. I know Maulfan has brought it up, that's definitely something I want to see here. In '89 he had shrapnel in his face, cuts, a burnt bat symbol, wounds and he was limping and STILL going on, I wanna see that implemented here after a fight with Bane. It better not be like the end of TDK where, after dog bits, getting pummeled with a pipe and getting shot, he didn't seem to have a single scratch on him.

well the thing is that I dont know about the comics, but Batman's suit in Nolan's Universe is like, Meant to protect soldiers in combat no? I never had a problem believing he wouldnt get as hurt, because that was not just some pet project of Bruce, like the Tumbler, the suit was designed for combat and to withstand damage no?
Im I wrong?

I know the idea of Batman dyeing in this film has been discussed already, but does anyone think the words across the top of the new poster might be a clue to that eventuality?

TheDarkKnightRisesPoster.jpg

I think it's possible as well. Superhero's "die" in comics all the time. Except they always find ways to "resurrect" them back to the series. However, since Nolan's universe is reality based he would be dying for real.

All I can say is that if he does die, I don't want to know about it until I see it happen on screen. If anyone here spoils me on that front I will :censored hunt you down! :cuss :lol

It could also be a cross between Knightfall and The Dark Knight Returns:

Batman is broken by Bane early in the film and forced into retirement for 8 yrs or so.
Hence the gap...
In this time Catwoman sort of fills the void left by Batman as a quasi vigilante/antihero, but Bane really brings the pain on Gotham..
Meanwhile Bruce is forced to dig deep and rediscover what it means to be Batman, and we may see him travel the world again for training and rehab.
Then he returns in style and brings Bane down.

I've not been reading any major spoilers so anyone who HAS read them and knows any of the above is categorically not happening, please, don't post about it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back