The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

My guess is that it takes some elements from Miller's TDKR ... possibly a cross between TDKR and Knightfall.

The 8-year gap certainly has elements of Miller's TDKR, though only if Batman is actually retired during the gap. I can certainly see blending Knightfall's Bane with the Mutants from TDKR to create a threat extreme enough to draw a retired Bruce Wayne back into the game.

Obviously, without the Joker, Superman, Carrie, the Robin history, etc., it can't be a direct adaptation. I think the title itself is intended to hint at drawing from Miller ... particularly since Miller was so influential on Begins. If you're going to adapt Miller's beginning, and Loeb's middle act ... I don't think you can do a much better finale than using Miller's end.

SnakeDoc

Yeah, I agree with this. Hasn't Bale been spotted reading a couple different comics (besides knightfall) with Bane as well?

Yep, great point SnakeDoctor.

I like all this talk and focus on Batman, this movie should focus on him and his legacy. I nice follow up to a movie all about the villain.

He is so dead :lol

I want Gordon to know, not hinted or implied but have us flat out know that Gordon knows who Batman is. I realize that may not be faithful to comics but I feel like in Nolan's movies, it could make some interesting dialog and all between the two if he knows and acknowleges it.

Sometimes he knows and other times he doesn't. I like the idea of him knowing Bruce was Batman since Batman Begins. Gordon is a smart guy afterall.

The Dark Knight can't rise if he dies :dunno

Jesus did. :dunno

Batman13.jpg

BOOM!

BOOM again because one BOOM was one BOOM too short for my post to be allowed to be posted.

Last edited:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8WLYzA0lCs[/ame]

Batman can die in this series. Know why? Cuz it ends after Nolan finishes. And then a new Bat series will come out.

I would like that. As long as he doesn't cast Depp. In anything.

Maybe Thomas Wayne. With purple hair, and dark eyes.,

Batman can die in this series. Know why? Cuz it ends after Nolan finishes. And then a new Bat series will come out.

That's exactly why Bruce Wayne won't die. Because they wanna reboot the series and the last thing WB and DC want is to start anew with that memory in people's minds. This movie will have a positive ending that will carry over positively with the reboot. Trust me.

The point of the reboot is to do something else. New story, new characters. New Joker.

Look at that lame Spider-Man movie. It's re-doing the entire story again for no reason at all. It's going to be the same movie with a new villian, and more emo whining,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back