The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

The tag "The legend ends" contradicts the movie title. Kinda stupid actually.

The tag "The legend ends" contradicts the movie title. Kinda stupid actually.

Well, you think Nolan didn't think of that :lol

It is clearly deliberate to make you think what the story could possibly be to be compatible with both the 'the legend ends' and 'the dark knight rises'

Hence the rekindled debate in the last few pages about the possibility of Batman dying or retiring at the end

or the simple fact that Nolan's trilogy is complete.

TDKR website just updated:

https://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

New official poster:
Magnus_Mask_Dom_RGB_1600x2366.jpg

Wow. That is how you do a poster.

This poster is really insane!
Bane has beheaded the bat! :eek:
And he knows who batman is!
This single picture reveal a lot of things!
It's perfect because It's really what I want to see in this movie!
I'm really begin to be excited about it! I can't really wait for the trailer now!

That's what I'm thinking, that the legend is not Batman's but Nolan's films. It is undeniable that his series has made a mark and created a huge fandom, for WB this movie is a finale to an amazing run, not Harry Poter scale, but nevertheless, a big cash cow is wrapping.

I think there's more to it.

The teaser has the line 'Every hero has a journey, every journey has an end'

Can't wait to find out, maybe the prologue gives some hints - 2 days till I see the prologue :panic:

Are people dismissing the alternative that Bane will break Batman's back, just like in the comics? If Wayne is paralyzed, would that not effectively "end the legend", without actually killing him? :dunno

It's possible but personally with the 8 yr gap, in my mind I think it's more likely that he is broken first, then comes back and takes Bane down, and ends with retirement or possibly death in the act of stopping Bane.

Well, you think Nolan didn't think of that :lol

It is clearly deliberate to make you think what the story could possibly be to be compatible with both the 'the legend ends' and 'the dark knight rises'

Hence the rekindled debate in the last few pages about the possibility of Batman dying or retiring at the end

Well, it has me perplexed, especially in light of the fact that the tagline "THE LEGEND ENDS" is in the same font and size as the title "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES", as if the two statements are intended to compliment each other...intriguing.

I think it just means Batman isnt dead, but he is FINALLY the Batman, there is no hope for Wayne ever being the personality anymore. Remember Wayne was still hopeful during TDK that someone will finish the job he started and there would be no need for Batman. However in TDKR I believe he will realise that there is no way, he will be Batman forever... the legend of a saviour will end, and the guardian will begin.

I think it just means Batman isnt dead, but he is FINALLY the Batman, there is no hope for Wayne ever being the personality anymore. Remember Wayne was still hopeful during TDK that someone will finish the job he started and there would be no need for Batman. However in TDKR I believe he will realise that there is no way, he will be Batman forever... the legend of a saviour will end, and the guardian will begin.

:goodpost:

That is a great way to look at it, and it does fit with the themes of the first two as well. I'd love for the film to take this route

That's what I'm thinking, that the legend is not Batman's but Nolan's films. It is undeniable that his series has made a mark and created a huge fandom, for WB this movie is a finale to an amazing run, not Harry Poter scale, but nevertheless, a big cash cow is wrapping.

What I thought when I saw the Bane poster. The trilogy is actually Nolan's 'Legend of the Dark Knight' and that's what is going to end. Though I wish it would not, but as all good things must end, this would too. However, I am sure it will go out with a BIG bang! Just wish he wouldn't let the top keep spinning at the end of TDKR (or did it stop?).

So a man who's so secretive that he didn't even right down the ending to the film is now so bluntly obvious as to reveal in the first teaser poster that Batman will die?

I'm adding this to the ongoing list.

So a man who's so secretive that he didn't even right down the ending to the film is now so bluntly obvious as to reveal in the first teaser poster that Batman will die?

I'm adding this to the ongoing list.

How is it obvious? Just the fact that we are having this debate is evidence that it is not obvious at all, but thought provoking - you ask yourself 'could he really do it?', 'can Batman really die?' .. 'will Bane break Batman?', 'will Batman retire' etc etc.

Batman dying would mean he failed. WTF wants to watch a movie where he fails in end?

Superman shows up and throws Bane into space. Bats and Supes bump fist.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES titles. credits.

Superman shows up and throws Bane into space. Bats and Supes bump fist.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES titles. credits.

Would be awesome.

Chest bump and hi five would be super awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back