The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I know Batman belongs to the world, but he's an American was created in america. by an american... I wouldnt include a soccer game....

Fixed. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

They made Superman give up his US citizenship and wound up rebooting the series. :lol

Gotham City is supposed to be in the US man so I think you might have to let that one slide :rotfl

Besides, it wouldn't matter what code you're talking about - i bet ya underneath footy grounds there is ____loads of stuff going down, like when you see pics of the colosseum and it's a frikkin rabbit warren underneath but the crowd would never see any of it.

I know ____ about Football, don't really care for an American-only sport being featured too.

Well, Gotham is a fictional American city...pro-soccer, rugby, or cricket don't yet draw the huge crowds that American Football does here.

Look at the other side...you've got something to brag about, Londoner. We've got a Welshman playing a American icon, in a film series directed by another Englishman, which has been loads more critically and commercially successful than the previous series directed by--and starring Americans in the title role.

Could you imagine the uproar if they tried to cast an American as James Bond?

Yeah, but Superman's half Canadian... :monkey3:wave

The better half, eh?

What does that have to do with being a US citizen? :dunno :lol

Well, Gotham is a fictional American city...pro-soccer, rugby, or cricket don't yet draw the huge crowds that American Football does here.

Look at the other side...you've got something to brag about, Londoner. We've got a Welshman playing a American icon, in a film series directed by another Englishman, which has been loads more critically and commercially successful than the previous series directed by--and starring Americans in the title role.

But the irony here is that it was an Australian who made it the phenom it was. :lol

I know Batman belongs to the world, but he was created in america. by an american... I wouldnt include a soccer game....

I'm not bashing America, i'm just referencing relatability, Harry Potter and James Bond haven't featured English-only things in them, they have universal things that aren't exclusive to one nation, Just sayin'.

It's not a big deal, i love plenty of films that have some American-only things in them, it's just not relatable when it's something not done anywhere else, only Americans can relate to American Football.

Anyway guys that was one of several things i commented on about the trailer, not the only thing :wave

I'm not bashing America, i'm just referencing relatability, Harry Potter and James Bond haven't featured English-only things in them, they have universal things that aren't exclusive to one nation, Just sayin'.

It's not a big deal, i love plenty of films that have some American-only things in them, it's just not relatable when it's something not done anywhere else, only Americans can relate to American Football.

Anyway guys that was one of several things i commented on about the trailer, not the only thing :wave

You can always relate to Alfred. :dunno :lol

As Nam said George Lazenby was Austrailan.

I'm not sure if anyone cared as the character was still british, just the same as the Bruce Wayne character is still American.

If Bond or Potter was made American in reboots or whatever then that would cause an uproar, but actors no matter the nationality play characters and it's the characters that matter.

You can always relate to Alfred. :dunno :lol

Missed the point there Nam, i can relate to almost everything in the film except the sport as it's only played/popular in the US, the basis for everything else is pretty universal things for people to relate to, well in the west anyway :lol

Monday night football was just about to start between Pittsburgh and the 49ers and a transformer blew up behind the stadium and the entire stadium went black. My first thoughts were of the TDKR trailer. :lol

Missed the point there Nam, i can relate to almost everything in the film except the sport as it's only played/popular in the US, the basis for everything else is pretty universal things for people to relate to, well in the west anyway :lol

Why do you have to relate to everything?

As Nam said George Lazenby was Austrailan.

I was referring to Ledger. :wave

Look at it like rugby and you'll be fine.

One thing that I did notice more clearly in the trailer was when Bane's soldiers and inmates in orange jumpsuits were walking through the hole in the wall...some of those extras look WAY too happy and excited to be on camera.

They are just flailing their AK-47s in the air with smiles ear to ear like they just saw Scarlett Johansson strip in front of them or something :dunno

I'd at least expect his army to be deranged and have some war faces on as they are about to fight all of GCPD..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back