The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Actually Hobbits in 2 parts isn't it?

Oh, jeezuz, that's true - tell your wife there's no hope, jye4ever! :lol

Is it just me, or does it seem like a new trend in Hollywood to take a single book and work it into two flicks for twice the box office take, i.e. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", that "Vampire/werewolf/Harlequin-romance-crap-that-must-not-be-named" series, and now "The Hobbit"...

I'll watch Avengers when it hits HBO for free. Iron Man was good but the sequal was so bad it made the first a little worse. Thor was just at average. Captain America was scraping by to be average and the Incredible Hulk was ____ing awful. Mix all that together and throw in even more characters and it ought to make for an abortion of a film with the pew pews and pow pows.

:horror :horror :horror

Actually, 50% of me agrees with that assessment, but then the other 50% punches me in the nuts!

Nolan has shown us what can be acheived with a Superhero property, so it's hard to accept mediocracy after that.

Yet here I am, still excited for the Avengers. :dunno

Maybe void is right, worth the lolz.

Oh, jeezuz, that's true - tell your wife there's no hope, jye4ever! :lol

Is it just me, or does it seem like a new trend in Hollywood to take a single book and work it into two flicks for twice the box office take, i.e. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", that "Vampire/werewolf/Harlequin-romance-crap-that-must-not-be-named" series, and now "The Hobbit"...

Harry Potter needed it. There would be some pissed off fans if they left enough out of the movie to make it one film. The Hobbit, not so much, but I'm fine with it cause you can easily split it in two. As for erm, the other series, it's a trend in hollywood that will most likely pick up even more after it.

I agree about the Avengers as well. The last couple of Marvel flicks could have been awesome, but they just weren't. Cap was a HUGE disappointment for me. Such a filler movie, long and useless. The Avengers will be fun to watch but it will definitely not be the best of 2012 in movies. Not even close.

I'll watch Avengers when it hits HBO for free. Iron Man was good but the sequel was so bad it made the first a little worse. Thor was just at average. Captain America was scraping by to be average and the Incredible Hulk was ____ing awful. Mix all that together and throw in even more characters and it ought to make for an abortion of a film with the pew pews and pow pows.

Imo the only comic character that ever worked on the big screen was/is Batman. All others were mediocre at best, including the Siderman/Ironman flicks.

Most likely, what will ultimately be the best film of 2012 isn't even being discussed on this site yet. Chances are it won't be a "geek" or genre film.

Most likely, what will ultimately be the best film of 2012 isn't even being discussed on this site yet. Chances are it won't be a "geek" or genre film.

I've heard a lot about this "Prometheus" movie seems to be creating quiet hype.

2012 will definitely be the best year of movies in a while though. The last couple years have been hit with sleeper hits but nothing too special (besides avatar).

For us geeks - it'll be between Hobbit and TDKR

Who cares about what the rest of the world thinks :dunno
Though I will note The Return of the King was easily the best film of its yr (and rightly got the recognition) and IMO TDK was the best film of 2008 too.

Though I will note The Return of the King was easily the best film of its yr (and rightly got the recognition) and IMO TDK was the best film of 2008 too.

:goodpost::exactly:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:exactly::lecture:clap:lecture:exactly:

At first I thought it was just you Yanks yet again, not being able to grasp the Queen's English however after watching the preview @ IMAX, I have to ask: WHAT THE FECKIN ____ was Tom Hardy saying throughout that scene?!
Looked okish overall but slightly underwhelmed

picture.php

Dont worry spidey your movie will be the surprise hit of the yr when tdkr fans accept the joker isnt in the movie.:cuckoo:

I might have been excited about Avengers if Norton hadn't been replaced for Banner, but I don't like the new choice so the only one left I really like is RDJ as Iron Man so I'll just rent that one at some point.

By the way, I know people felt all but certain he'd be in it, but Morgan Freeman is in the credits of the TDKR trailer so Fox will definitely be back.

I might have been excited about Avengers if Norton hadn't been replaced for Banner, but I don't like the new choice so the only one left I really like is RDJ as Iron Man so I'll just rent that one at some point.

By the way, I know people felt all but certain he'd be in it, but Morgan Freeman is in the credits of the TDKR trailer so Fox will definitely be back.

:moon :moon :moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back