The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Batman was injured from Harvey's gunshot I think, so he was too weak to save Him. He had just enough juice to push him off the ledge.

What a s#!tty way to kill Two Face yet again. What if the coin would've landed on heads and Batman never pushed him off the ledge?

I think many would've rather seen Two Faces' coin land on tails when he flipped it for himself, in order to see if he would really follow his code of fairness and kill himself. :horror

Killing him and Ra's off was such a waste of time. Nolan's killing off damn good characters for NOTHING, especially Dent. Anything could've been done. Batman could've simply failed at the end, not take the blame for the crimes, and Joker could've won. Gotham is going to hell so why prevent it?

Yet I still like the movie.:)

Saw the prologue.
Laughed when I saw Aidan Gillen , I had no idea he'd managed to get a part. I understood about 30% of what Bane said.
Mission Impossible was a great watch so overall was worth checking out.

What a s#!tty way to kill Two Face yet again. What if the coin would've landed on heads and Batman never pushed him off the ledge?

I think many would've rather seen Two Faces' coin land on tails when he flipped it for himself, in order to see if he would really follow his code of fairness and kill himself. :horror

Killing him and Ra's off was such a waste of time. Nolan's killing off damn good characters for NOTHING, especially Dent. Anything could've been done. Batman could've simply failed at the end, not take the blame for the crimes, and Joker could've won. Gotham is going to hell so why prevent it?

Yet I still like the movie.:)

Sure, if the coin landed on the good side, Batman wouldn't have had to tackle Two-Face off the ledge, because by Two-Face's code, he wouldn't be allowed to kill Gordon's kid. But that's not the point...Batman wouldn't to leave the kid's life to a 50/50 chance as long as he could do something about it.

If Two-Face's coin landed on the bad side while he had the gun to his own head, he absolutely would have followed through and killed himself. It's the character...he is ruled completely by the coin at that point.

As for whether or not it is best to kill villains off, I can see both sides. If it is a serialized story, like comics or an episodic TV show, of course you want to keep the villains around to so you can bring them back whenever you need them to milk another story out of them. But in movie adaptations, the point is to tell a finite story (sure, the finite story can be spread over more than one movie) but I definitely understand wanting to close out a villains story. Just locking them up doesn't give that sense of total finality to their story arc.

Every time I see this shot in the trailer, it reminds me of a bulldog. Pretty cool.
Screenshot2011-12-22at20705PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back