The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Perhaps the next Batman will be more like the invincible, overpowered "I can lift guys with one hand and throw them like trash" version from Batman Arkham Asylum/City

batman_arkham_city_1.jpg

Cool, but just too damn strong. :lol

How is he invincible ? He wears body armor, and even with that a few shots will take him out, as for overpowered, even in the comics, this is a guy capable of lifting 500+ lbs., and do you really think the whole "trained his body to physical perfection" thing denotes that he can't lift some thug a couple of feet off the ground?

Perhaps the next Batman will be more like the invincible, overpowered "I can lift guys with one hand and throw them like trash" version from Batman Arkham Asylum/City

batman_arkham_city_1.jpg

Cool, but just too damn strong. :lol

have you ever touched a batman comic or even opened one up and read one? or have you just been blindly believing whatever nolan throws up on the big screen and says that's batman?

Can a more "realistic", "dark" and "serious" Batman movie be made than what Nolan has already created?

Lets say TDKR is even more "realistic", "dark" and "serious" than even TDK, is there room for another director to go even more "realistic", "dark" and "serious" than TDKR?

Is everyone up for more of that, or would they prefer a different direction for Batman.

I like Nolan's films a lot, but I'll be ready for a fresh direction after this.

By the way, I'm one who never bought into the notion of a "realistic" Batman. I get what Nolan is doing, and it's certainly much more palatable than the campy Schumacher crap (and even some of the zany Burton stuff). But there is a danger in taking Batman and the subject matter TOO seriously... and Nolan treads right on that line. When you deconstruct it you realize it would never work in the real world, even on a personal level.

I've said it before in one thread or another, but i think the Arkham games got the balance just right, with a good mix of gritty "realistic" stuff with enough of the fantasy element. i'd like to see a movie that treads that line a little more. A good balance of a sort of reality based Batman (the character) but with the larger than life villains etc.

The Nolan movies are fantastic in my opinion, but i'd like to see something less obsessed with realism next. Not all out fantasy, but just a little more comic booky. I wanna see Ra's al Ghul as an actual immortal, Killer Croc as a disfigured mobster (ala Broken City), Mr Freeze as a dangerous mad scientist with his freeze gadgets, while still maintaining that dark edge.

How is he invincible ? He wears body armor, and even with that a few shots will take him out, as for overpowered, even in the comics, this is a guy capable of lifting 500+ lbs., and do you really think the whole "trained his body to physical perfection" thing denotes that he can't lift some thug a couple of feet off the ground?

troll-web.jpg

I like Nolan's films a lot, but I'll be ready for a fresh direction after this.

By the way, I'm one who never bought into the notion of a "realistic" Batman. I get what Nolan is doing, and it's certainly much more palatable than the campy Schumacher crap (and even some of the zany Burton stuff). But there is a danger in taking Batman and the subject matter TOO seriously... and Nolan treads right on that line. When you deconstruct it you realize it would never work in the real world, even on a personal level.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

I've said it before in one thread or another, but i think the Arkham games got the balance just right, with a good mix of gritty "realistic" stuff with enough of the fantasy element. i'd like to see a movie that treads that line a little more. A good balance of a sort of reality based Batman (the character) but with the larger than life villains etc.

The Nolan movies are fantastic in my opinion, but i'd like to see something less obsessed with realism next. Not all out fantasy, but just a little more comic booky. I wanna see Ra's al Ghul as an actual immortal, Killer Croc as a disfigured mobster (ala Broken City), Mr Freeze as a dangerous mad scientist with his freeze gadgets, while still maintaining that dark edge.

So you want Marvel to direct a Batman movie is what you're saying :lol

Maybe they should get Bruce Timm involved in a live action film. The animated series often told stories right off the comic book page, and is the most accurate to the Batman of the comics. The style of animation I think threw alot of people off as to the dark and gritty stories that were told.

Agreed, the feel of the Arkham games would be a refreshing tone for a reboot, something with a little dramatic flourish, something that could dovetail with the Superman reboot. As for Mr. Freeze, I always wished Burton could have directed another Batman installment with Mr. Freeze as an antagonist. With Burton's affinity for tragic villains, Victor Fries is almost custom made for him. Cast Patrick Stewart in the role, give him the suit with the classic bell jar style helmet and it would have been perfection. Ah well....

Agreed, the feel of the Arkham games would be a refreshing tone for a reboot, something with a little dramatic flourish, something that could dovetail with the Superman reboot. As for Mr. Freeze, I always wished Burton could have directed another Batman installment with Mr. Freeze as an antagonist. With Burton's affinity for tragic villains, Victor Fries is almost custom made for him. Cast Patrick Stewart in the role, give him the suit with the classic bell jar style helmet and it would have been perfection. Ah well....

I'm open for another Burton directed Batman.

But i'm sure WB wants Michael Bay.

What the hell happened with that movie, anyway? It tried to be all epic, and instead was all zzzzzz......

:lol

have you ever touched a batman comic or even opened one up and read one? or have you just been blindly believing whatever nolan throws up on the big screen and says that's batman?

126167545854.jpg

Last edited:

This was cool. Hopefully by the animation on the official one will blow this away:

https://youtu.be/QoZLPwRCjcQ

Also hoping they use BTAS alumni for it.

I think if they start pumping out awesome CGI films, they should put the guy who made this in charge of the projects.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGSvaVL0lK4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back