The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Fixed for nerd accuracy! :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Though that said, I can see your theme being the Adam West Batman theme sung as "Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Fap Man!"

:yess:

In other words, yes I will own a 1/6 HT Bane :yess:

My wife is actually working on making me a 1:1 Bane coat seen in the trailer :yess:

Can't wait for my fuzzy neck :yess:

Although she really doesn't know that for next Halloween I'll be going as a lolz cat if all goes well, not Bane.

I'll admit that i'm as big a fapping Nolan Batman fanboy as they come, the only thing keeping me from owning multiple custom $900 silicone Joker heads and $100 1/6 scale Joker socks is my pathetic choice of a career, my mortgage, wife and kid.

But when people start seeing hidden messages and things that don't exist in Tom Hardy's eyes, well.......now you crossed into the:

"intothevoid Zone"

*cue Rod Serling music please :lol

:chase

I mean, i'll go look again and see if anything is there :lol

July needs to get here fast :lol

not hidden message at all!
I saw the pic and the first thing that came to mind was
(Bane Lost his Puppy!:monkey2) kind of look, I mean, that's the first thing I thought,
Like beeshaw said, a sadness, I didn't see it in the Prologue or the other pics, but I do see it here,

not hidden message at all!
I saw the pic and the first thing that came to mind was
(Bane Lost his Puppy!:monkey2) kind of look, I mean, that's the first thing I thought,
Like beeshaw said, a sadness, I didn't see it in the Prologue or the other pics, but I do see it here,

But Jye has a point. If Void wouldn't get teased for it, I'm sure he'd make a post saying, "Is it just me or when you look in Bales eyes (in costume only), does it look like he's professing his undying love for me (the voidmeister - not you guys, just me)."

But Jye has a point. If Void wouldn't get teased for it, I'm sure he'd make a post saying, "Is it just me or when you look in Bales eyes (in costume only), does it look like he's professing his undying love for me (the voidmeister - not you guys, just me)."

:rotfl:rotfl

hahaha, maybe,

void is coming void is coming :panic:

noid.jpg

oh you said void. my bad :lol

I am not sure if all of you know about this movie, which is based on a comic book. I remember reading this comic book back then in 2003, but for some reason readed only the first part. Now in 2011 WB made an animated movie based on this comic book, called Batman: Year One. If you haven't seen this movie already I recommend you to watch it:

batman-year-one.jpg

you'll see how big influence this comic book was for Batman Begins, Nolan took a lot of scenes from here.

Another good comic book to read is the Batman: The Killing Joke, this one was inspration for Batman: The Dark Knight.

9781401216672.RH.jpg

So I have the next question for you guys.. what comic book is taken Nolan as inspiration for The Dark Knight Rises ???

I am not sure if all of you know about this movie, which is based on a comic book. I remember reading this comic book back then in 2003, but for some reason readed only the first part. Now in 2011 WB made an animated movie based on this comic book, called Batman: Year One. If you haven't seen this movie already I recommend you to watch it:

batman-year-one.jpg

you'll see how big influence this comic book was for Batman Begins, Nolan took a lot of scenes from here.

Another good comic book to read is the Batman: The Killing Joke, this one was inspration for Batman: The Dark Knight.

9781401216672.RH.jpg

So I have the next question for you guys.. what comic book is taken Nolan as inspiration for The Dark Knight Rises ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Knightfall :lecture

batman-year-one.jpg

9781401216672.RH.jpg

The Killing Joke wasn't the major influence for TDK ... The Long Halloween was. The Killing Joke was the major influence for Tim Burton's Batman.

The Dark Knight Rises seems to be drawn from Knightfall and The Dark Knight Returns. Maybe some No Man's Land.

SnakeDoc

Year One the comic is a Batman-fan must read, but the guy playing Batman in the animated movie delivered the most wooden, phoned-in voice acting I've ever heard. He was literally the weakest link in that project. There was one scene, where Bruce Wayne tells the cops to pull over, in which he does a decent Batman voice. It's a shame because except for the last chase scene, the whole movie is an almost mirror image of the book, and the rest of the players do well with their voice work.

Good stuff....nice quote...

batman-year-one.jpg

9781401216672.RH.jpg

as void had previously mentioned, "a tale of two cities" probably more than comic book.

An A for you today for reading comprehension :lol

But yeah, A tale of two cities, Knightfall, Vengeance of Babe, The Dark Knight Returns and No Mans Land all appear to have influences

With regards to Banes eyes - yupp he's just staring into the void :yess:

Batman Begins = Batman: Year One & Batman: The Man Who Falls.
The Dark Knight = The Long Halloween & Batman: The Man Who Laughs.
The Dark Knight Rises = Knightfall & No Man's Land.

Aside from the Joker being in it, wtf did TDK have to do with The Killing Joke?

Aside from the Joker being in it, wtf did TDK have to do with The Killing Joke?

Batman and Gordon were in both too? :dunno

I :lol'd at that comparison since the main deal of TKJ was Barbara being paralyzed and Joker trying to turn Gordon mad. Considering Void eats, sleeps, and faps to seizure over Nolan's Batman, that's the influence post I'm taking as likely. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back