The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I know he is not the Joker, but come on, Nolan took that scene from TKJ.. go ask Nolan if you don't believe me !!!!!!!!! :wink1:

Loosely inspired at best, meaning Batman in a room with someone "Joker-ish." That's about it. They don't even happen at the same place! :lol The comic happens with an imposter in Joker's cell at Arkham and the movie happens with the real Joker in an interrogation room at GPD. The events don't even play out the same way. :huh

The interrogation scene is definately partly inspired by the coffee shop face off scene between Pacino and Deniro in Heat

Nah man, Batman can't die. Batmans got the juice.

8198681_orig.jpg

The interrogation scene is definately partly inspired by the coffee shop face off scene between Pacino and Deniro in Heat

TDK is inspired, the way the bank robbery plays out feels very much like the ones in HEAT, I didn't feel the inspiration with the interrogation alone but once the prologue was out, I just felt a HEAT vibe and figured some elements of that movie must have really clicked with Nolan.

The dialogue of the interrogation is very much like the HEAT sit down, the two sides picking apart what the others do, staring down to see who backs off first, and with the Joker, putting a foot down saying, this is who I am, I'm not going to be anything else.

TDK is inspired, the way the bank robbery plays out feels very much like the ones in HEAT, I didn't feel the inspiration with the interrogation alone but once the prologue was out, I just felt a HEAT vibe and figured some elements of that movie must have really clicked with Nolan.

The dialogue of the interrogation is very much like the HEAT sit down, the two sides picking apart what the others do, staring down to see who backs off first, and with the Joker, putting a foot down saying, this is who I am, I'm not going to be anything else.

Yupp plus the blue filter of the film is very Heat too :lecture

As someone who read The Killing Joke before watching TDK, I see no reference at all. I believe Ledger was given a copy for a character study on the Joker but Ledger refused to read it and instead created his own take on the Joker.

Honestly, I think A Killing Joke is overrated. It's a very mediocre story and the half lame attempt to create a backstory and motivation for the Joker demystified the character instead.

I like the Joker without any backstory. I like the idea that he came out of nowhere to be the counterpart of Batman, basically two sides of the same coin. I like the idea that the birth of Batman is also the birth of Joker.

TKJ just ruins all that. What's worse they spent the whole book telling us his pass only to pass it of as a what if. What's the point?

everyone comes from somewhere. they just don't show up on street corners.

joker had a bad day, just like batman and batman essentially created the joker. that's been there since the 40s and the killing joke just improved upon and expanded it. I don't see how it's a lame attempt at a backstory when that's who the joker is.

everyone comes from somewhere. they just don't show up on street corners.

joker had a bad day, just like batman and batman essentially created the joker. that's been there since the 40s and the killing joke just improved upon and expanded it. I don't see how it's a lame attempt at a backstory when that's who the joker is.

I agree on this, is good to know a little of who the Joker was before being the Joker, on TKJ we know a lot of his motivation to do what he did, when Batman captured him....

Nolans leaving way too soon. The legend ends is written all over the movie, but what legend is there? The story jumps ahead 8 years, but it still feels like a legend isn't there yet. Your telling me the creative Christopher Nolan couldn't dish out 6 Batman films to make a "real" legend?

Come on. It's like when Michael Jordan left NBA to go do MLB and when The Rock left WWE to go do movies...wtf are you leaving so soon for? Come back!:monkey2

The difference is MJ came back, and The Rock still appears once every 5000 years. What will Nolan do? It would've been neat if he made the 1st 3 Batman movies realistic, and then made the next 3 more comic like with characters like Killer Crock, Mr. Freeze, Azrael, Clayface....you know.

The legend ends means that batmans story is coming to a full circle. Just like an epic in greece myths. It has nothing to do with Nolan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back