The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

But Jye has a point. If Void wouldn't get teased for it, I'm sure he'd make a post saying, "Is it just me or when you look in Bales eyes (in costume only), does it look like he's professing his undying love for me (the voidmeister - not you guys, just me)."
I don't know how anyone can spend their life scanning the net for snippets, scans or any info. Plus it goes way beyond that.

What's the difference between that obsession as well as stalking a woman?

Doing that ruins the whole enjoyment of a film. The whole point of enjoying a film is not knowing what's coming, everything feels brand new, fresh and fun. Heck, I don't even scrutinize a film afterwards like some do here. It makes IMDb look normal.

this is a thousand page thread for a movie that does not come out for a year so everything's been discussed im sure but i just came in to share my thoughts on Bane.

I have faith that Nolan will do something cool... but to me he looks and seems like just a big dufus. He looks incredibly cheesy, I don't buy him as a cool villain, and i don't like Tom Hardy... hopefully the story and other actors can carry the film and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by him.

He just does not seem to be in the same league of Joker and Two Face both character wise and depiction wise as the last film i was quite looking forward to it and both of them turned out a lot better than i was even expecting, and i had high expectations.

I have faith that Nolan will do something cool... but to me he looks and seems like just a big dufus. He looks incredibly cheesy, I don't buy him as a cool villain, and i don't like Tom Hardy... hopefully the story and other actors can carry the film and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by him.

I had no idea who that was, until now. The name just didn't ring a bell. The guy in Inception.

I don't know how anyone can spend their life scanning the net for snippets, scans or any info. Plus it goes way beyond that.

What's the difference between that obsession as well as stalking a woman?

Doing that ruins the whole enjoyment of a film. The whole point of enjoying a film is not knowing what's coming, everything feels brand new, fresh and fun. Heck, I don't even scrutinize a film afterwards like some do here. It makes IMDb look normal.

One gets you labeled as an uber dork (which we all are to some extent) and the other gets you tossed in jail. :huh

I've done this before too, with the 89 Batman, reading all the tidbits, previews, comics, then the novel adaption, etc. I actually enjoyed watching everything I'd seen and read play out on screen a lot more than I normally would have, going in blind.

If you were talking about the Batman and Robin Bane, I would agree...

But Bane done right, as this seems to be, has so much potential.

One gets you labeled as an uber dork (which we all are to some extent) and the other gets you tossed in jail. :huh

I've done this before too, with the 89 Batman, reading all the tidbits, previews, comics, then the novel adaption, etc. I actually enjoyed watching everything I'd seen and read play out on screen a lot more than I normally would have, going in blind.

Yeah, my experience of TDK, going in having read all I could find except the major spoilers, was a lot more enjoyable than my first watch of Begins where I went in blind

In retrospect I actually think Begins is a slightly better film overall having watched both countless times - but I think knowing a fair but about TdK when watching it the first time allowed me to take in that much more from the experience if that makes sense

Btw there's a ton of spoilers for TDKR out there which I've been avoiding - there's plenty of guys that are way more extreme than I in terms of scouring the net, especially on the SHH boards :lol

That just kills all the freshness upon first viewing. Thats why I never analyze things in films even before. I love the whole new feeling knowing very little upon first viewing it. Otherwise it just feels like every other film you've watched 101 times.

It's one of the reasons I haven't watched Lord of the Rings in years. Trying to get that freshness back into it since I use to watch the DVD's constantly when they were first released.

I had no idea who that was, until now. The name just didn't ring a bell. The guy in Inception.

Yeah, most of this film is an Inceptionfest it seems. Inconsequential characters to the batman universe Levitt, Marion Cotillard (unless she is Talia as rumored) all sorts of city falling types of graphics... I don't know the posters remind me of inception the trailer did...

Again holding judgment until I see it but i see too much inception in this movie and im not jazzed about Bane.

So this may have been said already but does anyone else hear Johann Kraus when Bane speaks?

JohannKraus.jpg

If you were talking about the Batman and Robin Bane, I would agree...

But Bane done right, as this seems to be, has so much potential.

Yeah god nothing can erase that Bane from my memory...

But what's Bane "done right" I wonder?

In my pinon he looks really cheesy from all these pics and its in part because Bane is a big cheesy 90's overmusled villain.

I get how Nolan is trying to make him a smart mastermind terrorist tc.

I still think it's just a front he will be the flashy villain but prove to be inconsequential to a returning Rahs. Just my opinion though.

Yeah god nothing can erase that Bane from my memory...

But what's Bane "done right" I wonder?

In my pinon he looks really cheesy from all these pics and its in part because Bane is a big cheesy 90's overmusled villain.

I get how Nolan is trying to make him a smart mastermind terrorist tc.

I still think it's just a front he will be the flashy villain but prove to be inconsequential to a returning Rahs. Just my opinion though.

I don't know about a returning Ra's... a Talia maybe. In any event, the film will not be about Bane or Ra's or anyone else. It'll be about Bruce and Batman, his redemption, and the end of his journey

That just kills all the freshness upon first viewing. Thats why I never analyze things in films even before. I love the whole new feeling knowing very little upon first viewing it. Otherwise it just feels like every other film you've watched 101 times.

It's one of the reasons I haven't watched Lord of the Rings in years. Trying to get that freshness back into it since I use to watch the DVD's constantly when they were first released.

I hear ya. But it also works for movies that don't work as well where directors cut out key points of the story from studio pressure or to make it more artsy farts and the film winds up being one huge WTF. In those cases, having the information beforehand, those plotholes are already filled.

So this may have been said already but does anyone else hear Johann Kraus when Bane speaks?

JohannKraus.jpg

No, I hear Jeromy Irons:

Jeremy_Irons-1.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/TVMho2cP1NE[/ame]

I hear ya. But it also works for movies that don't work as well where directors cut out key points of the story from studio pressure or to make it more artsy farts and the film winds up being one huge WTF. In those cases, having the information beforehand, those plotholes are already filled.

No, I hear Jeromy Irons:

Jeremy_Irons-1.jpg

https://youtu.be/TVMho2cP1NE

I can hear him a little too.. funny video topic to pick for a terrorist character :lol

Considering Void eats, sleeps, and faps to seizure over Nolan's Batman, that's the influence post I'm taking as likely.

tumblr_lr4t7zD0g91r1kjqio1_500.gif

I believe that someone from within the production mentioned the Killing Joke as an influence for Heath's portrayal of The Joker not for the entire film itself didn't they?

Aside from the Joker being in it, wtf did TDK have to do with The Killing Joke?

I can see Nolan took some stuff from Batman: The Killing Joke,

- As someone said on TKJ, the Joker played with the mind of Gordon, when he attacked Barbara Gordon and kidnaped him, show him pictures of Barbara naked and hurt, really twisted .. He did something similar on TDK, but this time was with Harvey Dent, he killed Rachel, and we all know what happens next.

- The relationship between the Joker and Batman, gets really close on this comic book, they know really well one to each other, on TKJ the Joker wants to twist gordon to probably, affect Batman. At the end of the movie we can see the Joker is really connected to Batman.

- And then we have the interrogatory scene:

Killingjoke1-500x260.jpg

1951.jpg

That's still reaching at best. That interrogation scene you posted isn't even the Joker. :cuckoo::lol

But sorry dude, stories are completely unrelated. :huh

That's still reaching at best. That interrogation scene you posted isn't even the Joker. :cuckoo::lol

But sorry dude, stories are completely unrelated. :huh

I know he is not the Joker, but come on, Nolan took that scene from TKJ.. go ask Nolan if you don't believe me !!!!!!!!! :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back