The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I'd be the last person to defend Nolan, especially in a thread loaded with Nolancompoops, but if you swapped Nolan with Burton and Bale with Keaton, that post would be near identical to the same hating rants people posted in the 90's. :lol

With one little difference, Burton was forced to leave Batman, because it was too dark for what WB wanted Batman to be, and in this case Nolan is leaving Batman only because he wants to.

Where was the Batman franchise before Nolan took over? Right, in the crapper. It was a joke thanks to Joel Schumacher, Batsuit nipples and more neon colored sets/characters since bad rock videos from the 80's.

IMO Batman is bigger than just the movies, we have comic books,we have animated series, Batman doesn't need Nolan, he just need a good director and scriptwriter.. there are several good directors around, but there always be one Batman :wink1:

Well I am a bit tired and sick of Nolan. I think he is selfish, and he think he owns Batman, he already made money enough from Batman movies, he has no interest at all on making more movies, so I'll no be sorprise if at the end of the movie he kills Batman, leaving no chance for someone else to take the franchise.. And the 8 years jump, I maybe wrong but I have the idea that Bruce Wayne will be 8 years on prison, or 8 years injured, so again, no chance for a prequel of TDKR...

I am pretty sure Nolan doesn't wanna make more Batman movies because he is tired of pressure, or he just lost interest, anyway Batman is bigger than Nolan, and bigger than Bale.. I just want to remember to you guys, who was Nolan before Batman? The guy who directed Memento, which is the lamest movie in the world. IMO Nolan and Bale owe a lot to Batman, but they don't need him anymore.

Which sicks me more, is it will take several years untill we see ANOTHER reboot of Batman... and there we go again, another Joker, another two face, another Batman, and finally we will never have characters who will get mature, always the birth of, joker the birth of Batman.. etc, never see what happens next...

So YES, Nolan is killing Batman for how much? probably more than 5 years.

And Bale, well he is done, he can comeback to insult director of photography, or hit his mother and sister.. :mad:

Dude, chill out. Nolan doesn't think he owns Batman, nor does Bale. They worked on Batman for a time. Countless times in interviews they say what an honor it is to get to work on the character--for a time--and that they hope they don't disappoint the legacy of the character or the high expectations of the fans. But by the same token, Batman doesn't own Nolan. The guy signed up for three movies, he delivered three movies. I don't get where this idea that he "owes" more is coming from?

Nolan was a quality director before being given the chance to direct Batman. It's your opinion that Memento was lame, in mine, it was pretty good. Now there is no point in arguing personal opinions, but the fact is that the people who do literally "own" Batman, the WB, shared that same positive opinion of Nolan's directing and vision, and saw something in him that was enough for them to trust him with one of their biggest flagship franchises. Are you saying that Nolan is a bad director because you thought Memento was lame, but somehow miraculously became a good director when he got Batman, because you liked those movies?

In fact, did you like his first two Batman movies? If "no", you should be happy his run is almost over. If "yes", you should be glad he's given you what you like so far, and based on that, will probably deliver the same quality you like for his final one. Would you rather he just keep churning out Batman movies until he is sick of the character and creatively drained? Personally, I'd prefer a few good movies that I like, than a lot of movies in a series that taper off in quality.

Batman is bigger than just the movies

Of course it's bigger, but this is the "Movies & TV Show discussion" area and you're specifically talking about Nolan who's a director. Nolan is done making Batman Movies. Based off of what you just said, you're acting like once Nolan finishes this third film that the entire character of Batman and everything that character appears in (even outside of movies) will end.

And for the record, the Batman Movies DID need Nolan. Again, that franchise was dead in the water in Hollywood. Nolan revitalized it and he also set the standard for how to approach a "comic book" movie in a realistic way which has since been duplicated by other writers/directors.

IMO Batman is bigger than just the movies, we have comic books,we have animated series, Batman doesn't need Nolan, he just need a good director and scriptwriter.. there are several good directors around, but there always be one Batman :wink1:

No offense but if you're now comparing comic books and an animated series to what Nolan and WB have produced then your age is starting to show. Your argument is quite ridiculous.

Why would anyone want countless Nolan Batman films, when he clearly loves to do original stories?

The man wants to end it on a high note. Like Steven did for Indy.

And then some greedy idiot forced them all to make a new one.

Do you want a KOTCS to happen to Batman?

Again?

With one little difference, Burton was forced to leave Batman, because it was too dark for what WB wanted Batman to be, and in this case Nolan is leaving Batman only because he wants to.

Can't say I blame them. Batman Returns sucked sweaty donkey dong.

Why would anyone want countless Nolan Batman films, when he clearly loves to do original stories?

The man wants to end it on a high note. Like Steven did for Indy.

And then some greedy idiot forced them all to make a new one.

Do you want a KOTCS to happen to Batman?

Again?

To many, Last Crusade was as big a fail as KOTCS. And despite the fanboy hate, KOTCS pulled in very impressive numbers at the box office, so there's a fat chunk of hypocrisy there. :lol

To many, Last Crusade was as big a fail as KOTCS. And despite the fanboy hate, KOTCS pulled in very impressive numbers at the box office, so there's a fat chunk of hypocrisy there. :lol

:exactly: on both counts

Fanboys equate hot ass catwoman to mean a good movie (Maglor :lol)

KOTCS made a ____ load of money :yuck

YgJid.jpg

Well, money doesn't always equal greatness. It's like Star Wars. You throw Star Wars out there people will see it. Even if they leave horribly disappointed.

Same could happen with this one.

Point I was trying to make was, quite while your ahead. Leave on a high note. That's why I kinda hope they kill Batman, so Nolan could never be forced to go back. And then the next Batman reboot can start all over/

Well, money doesn't always equal greatness. It's like Star Wars. You throw Star Wars out there people will see it. Even if they leave horribly disappointed.

Point I was trying to make was, quite while your ahead. Leave on a high note. That's why I kinda hope they kill Batman, so Nolan could never be forced to go back. And then the next Batman reboot can start all over/

Death never means the end of something necessarily
like that awful Halloween resurrection they could always say Batman didn't "die" or it was someone else or it was a "cover up"
which, I could really see as reality for movies after Nolan :slap :lol

Which is the sad fact. Unless they show him exploding in super slow motion. :lol

Point is, Nolan doesn't want to keep going forever, neither does Bale. So you'll lose those too. But if they did continue this series without them, people will still watch it. It's just common science.

There's a flaw in that though. People always say that ____ and I always wonder, "then why did they go back and see it multiple times if it sucked so bad?" A film doesn't make $400+ million from a bunch of people seeing it once and hating it. :lol :cuckoo:

People do though Nam. They really, really do.

I've done it. Spider-Man 3. I was just, so stunned at what I saw. I thought, maybe my expectations were too high. But they weren't.

I always give movies two chances, but that's me personally.

People do though Nam. They really, really do.

I've done it. Spider-Man 3. I was just, so stunned at what I saw. I thought, maybe my expectations were too high. But they weren't.

I always give movies two chances, but that's me personally.

If I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theatre, I wouldn't grant it another visit to the theatres to see if I changed my mind. I'd wait until rental or stream it on NetFlix. I'm wondering how much of the hating is bandwagoning. :huh

Dude, chill out. Nolan doesn't think he owns Batman, nor does Bale. They worked on Batman for a time. Countless times in interviews they say what an honor it is to get to work on the character--for a time--and that they hope they don't disappoint the legacy of the character or the high expectations of the fans. But by the same token, Batman doesn't own Nolan. The guy signed up for three movies, he delivered three movies. I don't get where this idea that he "owes" more is coming from?

Nolan was a quality director before being given the chance to direct Batman. It's your opinion that Memento was lame, in mine, it was pretty good. Now there is no point in arguing personal opinions, but the fact is that the people who do literally "own" Batman, the WB, shared that same positive opinion of Nolan's directing and vision, and saw something in him that was enough for them to trust him with one of their biggest flagship franchises. Are you saying that Nolan is a bad director because you thought Memento was lame, but somehow miraculously became a good director when he got Batman, because you liked those movies?

In fact, did you like his first two Batman movies? If "no", you should be happy his run is almost over. If "yes", you should be glad he's given you what you like so far, and based on that, will probably deliver the same quality you like for his final one. Would you rather he just keep churning out Batman movies until he is sick of the character and creatively drained? Personally, I'd prefer a few good movies that I like, than a lot of movies in a series that taper off in quality.

Nolan in fact think he owns Batman that's why he is killing the character and leaving no chance for anyone else to take the history he builded, maybe he think some other director will ruin the franchise, but I think there are planty other director capable to do even a better job with Batman (In fact I do love Nolan's Batman) I just hate the fact he is jumping in time, and jumping history only because he wants to end his job now. You know, I know and everybody know that Nolan could made at leat two more movies on a 8 years Batman life time. But he is just too sick of making Batman, that's the reality guys, he is tired of the project, that's why he is jumping in time.

We had a newbie Batman on Batman Begins, and a less newbie Batman on TDK, and when we finally are going to get a mature enough Batman, we are going to jump to the future and jump all the potencial for a perfect mature batman, and get an old Batman, only because Nolan want to make more crappy movies.. And yes I saw The Prestige, which is not bad but is not the kind of movie you want to see twice, because the end is too strong, it reveal everything.

Back to Batman, Batman has a good story and good characters for itself, you have to do a lot of effort to ruin Batman (Something WB is capable to do, when they hired so bad directors).

Guys I do like Nolan's Batman a lot, that is why I am so mad at Nolan, because he is leaving Batman, ok, I can take that he is tired, but he is killing any chance for any other good director to take and continue his franchise, that is what I am mad about.

And finally why no to have both? quality and quantity.. If Nolan is not able to do more Batman movies, lets take another good director to continue his job, I would love to see another Joker movie (Nolan universe), or more characters, etc.. There is where I think Nolan is selfish, he is not giving us that chance to fans.

Of course it's bigger, but this is the "Movies & TV Show discussion" area and you're specifically talking about Nolan who's a director. Nolan is done making Batman Movies. Based off of what you just said, you're acting like once Nolan finishes this third film that the entire character of Batman and everything that character appears in (even outside of movies) will end.

When TDKR end, the Batman from Nolan's universe is death.. that is what I don't like. He builded a good Batman, why to kill him? (so soon)

No offense but if you're now comparing comic books and an animated series to what Nolan and WB have produced then your age is starting to show. Your argument is quite ridiculous.

Some Batman comic books are event BETTER than movies :wink1: ..

If I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theatre, I wouldn't grant it another visit to the theatres to see if I changed my mind. I'd wait until rental or stream it on NetFlix. I'm wondering how much of the hating is bandwagoning. :huh

You'd be surprised. People are weird. That's a fact. Some people even watch and PAY for the same movie over and over, because they hate it.

It's sad. :dunno

But for me, I feel as someone who is a fan of movies, even if the movie is ____, I still want to give it respect. At least until the end of the second viewing. Typicality I won't pay for it, or see it for a 5 dollar matinee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back