The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

If I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theatre, I wouldn't grant it another visit to the theatres to see if I changed my mind. I'd wait until rental or stream it on NetFlix. I'm wondering how much of the hating is bandwagoning. :huh

You'd be surprised. People are weird. That's a fact. Some people even watch and PAY for the same movie over and over, because they hate it.

It's sad. :dunno

But for me, I feel as someone who is a fan of movies, even if the movie is ____, I still want to give it respect. At least until the end of the second viewing. Typicality I won't pay for it, or see it for a 5 dollar matinee.

you really would be surprised,
I hav a friend, she goes to the movies every Friday, sometimes without knowing what they are playing, she saw Jack and Jill for god's sake,
she might hate a movie, but still goes to watch it,
I told her the smurfs movie will be complete crap, she went and saw it anyway
sometimes she goes and watches a movie twice even if she didn't really like it, Just because is "something to do" it drives me crazy
she also has like 130 dvds of movies she "kinda likes".... that would drive me crazy, spending money on things you "kinda like"

I stopped being shocked when Meet the Spartans was number 1 at the box office and went over Rambo....:slap that was the biggest wtf for me,
now when I see that movies like Transformers 2 or Kingdom of Crystal skull made so much money, I think....yeah, seems about right,

that speaks a lot more about the people going to see the movies than the movie itself, the Sheep mentality, paying for something because others are doing it too, or just because, it happens with alot of things besides movies, that's why reality shows and MTV are so huge, because people in general are morons

Isnt all this ranting about Nolan killing off Batman a little premature? I mean the movie hasnt released and we have no Idea what the storyline is. The Legend Ends can mean so many things. Its just Nolan's Trilogy and honestly if he sees this as the end of his envisioning I dont see any reason for anyone to go all hyper and caustic at him? :dunno

Too much pressure to make a sequel or expand on an original series creates bummers like the 'Prequel Trilogy' and 'Alien vs Predator' etc etc Its his story, his vision. Whats selfish got to do with it?

Selfish would be him making the film and then not releasing it, just to troll all of those waiting to see it. And by god, if he comes and sees the discussion here... he just might!

Isnt all this ranting about Nolan killing off Batman a little premature?

Depends, even if Bruce Wayne/Batman lives in the next movie the character as portrayed by Bale under Nolan is finished. And with that, the design/look is also finished as well because no doubt when the film is rebooted a new suit be made (with a new design). And also a different actor will be portraying Bruce Wayne/Batman under a new director. So in a sense, this IS the last time we'll be seeing this version of Batman regardless if he lives or dies in the film.

Isnt all this ranting about Nolan killing off Batman a little premature? I mean the movie hasnt released and we have no Idea what the storyline is. The Legend Ends can mean so many things. Its just Nolan's Trilogy and honestly if he sees this as the end of his envisioning I dont see any reason for anyone to go all hyper and caustic at him? :dunno

Too much pressure to make a sequel or expand on an original series creates bummers like the 'Prequel Trilogy' and 'Alien vs Predator' etc etc Its his story, his vision. Whats selfish got to do with it?

Selfish would be him making the film and then not releasing it, just to troll all of those waiting to see it. And by god, if he comes and sees the discussion here... he just might!

sure he can, but no with WB money.. I don't know if Nolan has $10 millions, to pay Christian Bale acting job.

I don't know why everybody think that more movies mean they are going to necessarily be bad movies. Only because it happened once, it doesn't mean it has to happen again. I feel Nolan is pushing away the history to fast, the 8 years jump sounds like an excuse to reach the point he wants for Batman to be when he died or retired (as an old Bruce Wayne),or even so, a 45 years old Batman, sounds good enough to me, to make a couple of movies more, that is the perfect age for Batman IMO.

No. Do not "make a couple of movies more".

If Nolan made more Batman movies or left his vision of the Bat-universe open for other directors to continue, they probably wouldn't be bad, but why risk it?

Why should Nolan come back to Batman movies beyond what he promised he'd do? Why not let the guy move on to other projects that interest him?

Because you want MOAR? You liked his first two movies and yet, you've convinced yourself the third is going to be terrible just because it's the end. How about reserving a little judgement until you see it?

sure he can, but no with WB money.. I don't know if Nolan has $10 millions, to pay Christian Bale acting job.

I don't know why everybody think that more movies mean they are going to necessarily be bad movies. Only because it happened once, it doesn't mean it has to happen again. I feel Nolan is pushing away the history to fast, the 8 years jump sounds like an excuse to reach the point he wants for Batman to be when he died or retired (as an old Bruce Wayne),or even so, a 45 years old Batman, sounds good enough to me, to make a couple of movies more, that is the perfect age for Batman IMO.

Some people are above money.

Because some people just want to watch the Batman franchise burn. :horror

Tyranus7, you seem paranoid. :lol

Tyranus7, you seem paranoid. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

With the Burton/Shoemacher run we got all the baddies and they killed most of them off in the end. SURPRISE! We got 2-Face, Joker and Bane with Nolans. Besides, as was discussed months ago, I highly doubt WB would allow Nolan to kill Batman.

8033392_orig.jpg

I would watch this :wave

No. Do not "make a couple of movies more".

If Nolan made more Batman movies or left his vision of the Bat-universe open for other directors to continue, they probably wouldn't be bad, but why risk it?

Why should Nolan come back to Batman movies beyond what he promised he'd do? Why not let the guy move on to other projects that interest him?

Because you want MOAR? You liked his first two movies and yet, you've convinced yourself the third is going to be terrible just because it's the end. How about reserving a little judgement until you see it?

This

End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back