The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have seen from the trailers - Bane comes to town. Tears up jack, breaks batman and tosses him and a bunch of rich folk in a hole in the ground.

Some time passes? Wayne grows a beard... Gets back to Gotham and "get's back in the game"??? So are they just going to cut and say "6 Months Later"?

So I guess Bane goes away for a while then pops back up while Batman returns and Gordon gets busted up and then they have the Christmas throw-down on City Hall's steps.

h.

:rotfl :rotfl I think you need to put this in spoiler quotes because you just described the entire movie :rotfl :rotfl

well the way I see it, it all started with the Joker, the chaos, the destruction in Dark Knight at times was almost war like, Joker was a terrorist, I see this movie as the evolution of the story, you couldn't go small after a movie like Dark Knight, plus being the end and having Bane it had to end with a bang, and had to end with Bane releasing the prisoners from prison and creating more chaos for batman, isn't that how part of the comic goes as well?

plus nolan is dealing with other real issues here, I think is fine
we already had Batman Begins, what would be the point of another movie like that? Nolan wouldn't repeat himself

:rotfl :rotfl I think you need to put this in spoiler quotes because you just described the entire movie :rotfl :rotfl

well the way I see it, it all started with the Joker, the chaos, the destruction in Dark Knight at times was almost war like, Joker was a terrorist, I see this movie as the evolution of the story, you couldn't go small after a movie like Dark Knight, plus being the end and having Bane it had to end with a bang, and had to end with Bane releasing the prisoners from prison and creating more chaos for batman, isn't that how part of the comic goes as well?

plus nolan is dealing with other real issues here, I think is fine
we already had Batman Begins, what would be the point of another movie like that? Nolan wouldn't repeat himself

That's all stuff in the trailers :dunno

It's the bigger war aspect that I don't like. The Bat blowing up tumblers? I thought Batman didn't kill people? I dunno - Like I said - I hope it is good - it just feels like a jumbled mess to me. The stakes in BB were HUGE - Actually the same thing as TDKR - the destruction of Gotham, but the Tone was dead on for Batman IMO. This is like The Siege with Batman thrown in. Again, I just hope it's not being epic for epic's sake. That's just a crap load of fluff for nothing.

Hoping for the best.

I'm finding TDKR to be frustrating at this point. And no, this is not a Batman vs. Avengers or anything else post...

Yes - I know, in Nolan we trust and he's a genius blah blah blah. I pretty much agree but -

I think I know why I'm not feeling this like I hoped I would. I don't want to see Batman go to war.

I'm afraid this is being epic for epic's sake. Missiles and fighter jets and 1000 vs. 1000 street fights. It just feels off. Batman, to me should be a small story with huge stakes. Like Batman Begins.

I think BB is one of the top 3 or so comic movies ever made. It's tone was perfect. This one I can not peg for anything.

What I have seen from the trailers - Bane comes to town. Tears up jack, breaks batman and tosses him and a bunch of rich folk in a hole in the ground.

Some time passes? Wayne grows a beard... Gets back to Gotham and "get's back in the game"??? So are they just going to cut and say "6 Months Later"?

So I guess Bane goes away for a while then pops back up while Batman returns and Gordon gets busted up and then they have the Christmas throw-down on City Hall's steps.

Sure there are cool parts and all but this to me still looks like a mess and I find it irritating.

I went in to Batman Begins not expecting much of anything after the abomination that was Batman and Robin and was stunned at the awesome I beheld.

I hope that happens this time around because all I am feeling now is meh and a box full of plot question marks.

It sure looks purdy though.

:slap

Isn't it actually a good thing that you haven't figured out the whole plot before actually seeing the movie?

:slap

Isn't it actually a good thing that you haven't figured out the whole plot before actually seeing the movie?

Absolutely - I have no desire to know everything about any film before I watch it. But if your going to release a loose linear trailer that doesn't make sense :dunno

I just think all they have shown are strings of nice looking scenes that do not do the film any favors by making it look scattered IMO. My personal beef with the whole war thing aside - the time gaps come across as confusing IMO (again). The point of those types of trailers is to convey the story without giving everything away and I just don't feel it does that very well.

Absolutely - I have no desire to know everything about any film before I watch it. But if your going to release a loose linear trailer that doesn't make sense :dunno

I just think all they have shown are strings of nice looking scenes that do not do the film any favors by making it look scattered IMO. My personal beef with the whole war thing aside - the time gaps come across as confusing IMO (again). The point of those types of trailers is to convey the story without giving everything away and I just don't feel it does that very well.

I think this is a case where it is best to reserve judgement. On the one hand, you describe what may well be how things go down the plot, information gleaned from watching the trailers and clips---and on the other hand the plot isn't clear to you?? :dunno Which is it?

Trailers are supposed to show some exciting, "purdy" scenes from the film to drum up interest in seeing it, while also giving a general idea of the story. They're not supposed to make the plot explicitly event-by-event clear. If you've got an idea of the plot, but still a little confused by exactly what/when/how/ or even if particular things happen like the trailers suggest they do---then that is perfectly natural, and I'd argue, even intended.

Haha...you think Nokia cut that trailer? Where did they get the footage? :lol

You can't tell me that the team responsible for the first couple trailers and most of the posters cut the tv spots and this new trailer. I'll just believe they wised up and outsourced it.

AvI1H.gif

I think this is a case where it is best to reserve judgement. On the one hand, you describe what may well be how things go down the plot, information gleaned from watching the trailers and clips---and on the other hand the plot isn't clear to you?? :dunno Which is it?

Trailers are supposed to show some exciting, "purdy" scenes from the film to drum up interest in seeing it, while also giving a general idea of the story. They're not supposed to make the plot explicitly event-by-event clear. If you've got an idea of the plot, but still a little confused by exactly what/when/how/ or even if particular things happen like the trailers suggest they do---then that is perfectly natural, and I'd argue, even intended.

That's the whole point. If that is the plot it makes no sense.

What the trailer is telling us is:

Normal happy times - Bane chaos - happy times again (?) - ( I guess Bane goes on a vacation) then end chaos.

Why bother if your releasing a "story" trailer. TO ME - it just turns me off to it because it feel disjointed. I was pumped for this until the trailers came out. Now it's a wait and see.

And by the way - I'm not passing judgment on the film. Nor do I intend to until I see it. I am however, passing judgment on WB marketing dept.

Nokia cuts a better trailer than WB's marketing team.

Actually, it's more accurate to say that Legendary Pictures & WB's Marketing team cut better TDKR trailers (this one, the TV Spots and the MTV one) than Syncopy and Team Nolan (Trailer 1, Trailer 2).

There's no happy times again from what i'm gathering, how are you getting that?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back