The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'opening weekend in the $75million range and over $200million total definitely a possibility for The Dark Knight'

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I was telling the wife how impressive TDK box office is in comparison with the Avengers.

As much as I wanted a new suit for this film (it's been a tradition that's been dating back to 1989), I've learned to let it go.

It doesn't really make sense that he'd have a new suit anyway considering Bruce Wayne hasn't been Batman for 8 years since the end of TDK. He has kept the suit, the equipment and the bike stored away in his retirement.

Though now that I think about it, if Fox has made the Bat in anticipation of Wayne's possible return, what would stop him creating a new and improved Batsuit?

I still think there are surprises D.

If not, so be it.

If so, then it will be awesome to find out in the context it belongs in.

Though now that I think about it, if Fox has made the Bat in anticipation of Wayne's possible return, what would stop him creating a new and improved Batsuit?

I've read (I think on this very board) that there are minor changes / reinforcements that aren't that drastic or obviously visible on first glance.

I think part of the reason for no new suit will be that Batman is defeated by Bane in this suit, and he wants to
Prove he can beat Bane hand to hand with the same suit and no extra super armoured version

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think part of the reason for no new suit will be that Batman is defeated by Bane in this suit, and he wants to
Prove he can beat Bane hand to hand with the same suit and no extra super armoured version

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or maybe not. Maybe no new suit because Nolan simply likes that monstrosity like you guys. :lol

It looks noticeably better this time around probably because of the fact that Bale is closer to his BB size

The new neck also helps a lot I think

Do you wish there was a new suit because you don't like the look of the TDK suit? That's fine. But if you want a new suit, just because it's a new movie, I think that's kind of silly.

Not silly at all.

With these Batman films the suit and "new toys" evoke the feel and imagery of the film. It establishes the identity of the film just like the logo and colors of the movie.

- Batman Begins (first suit, Tumbler)

- The Dark Knight (TDK suit, Batpod)

- Batman Returns (new suit, Batskiboat/Batmissile feature)

And the Schumacher films doubled this with suits, gadgets and vehicles galore. I don't know, there's always room for improvement and cool gimmicks. The film batsuit has been evolving since it was created in the late 1980s and has yet to be perfected.

I know there's the new Batwing vehicle, but I feel like there should be a suit in here somewhere.

There's a great sense of excitement in the early stages of these Batman films where they release the title, the new actors involved and then the new suit and bat-vehicle. I remember the disappointment when it became known that Batman wouldn't be sporting a new suit for this latest film.

Remember the feeling of seeing these for the first time?

NEhuqohl3Tj3kh_1_1.jpg

batman_begins_2_large.jpg

batman-new-suit.jpg

darkknight-batpod3.jpg

That's the "identity" for Batman in Begins and then Batman in The Dark Knight. TDKR doesn't have that "feel".

Last edited:
Hmm, I thought I saw those already in the new NOKIA trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back