The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh...I would wait with stuff like this, it usually takes a couple of years to give these types of trilogies to have a truly full package with documentaries and all. Something like this is just marketing, I am 100% sure something better will come down the line.

And i'll watch/buy that too :lol

I agree, it needs some space, but I can't wait to see BTS TDK and Begins stuff!

I'm officially buzzing for this movie now. My local cinema is literally a 10 minute walk away, and I find the overall cinema experience amazing. However, I've never been to an IMAX screening before, and to be honest the only two things putting me off are the extra traveling and extra costs (already had to convince my mates to go see it ASAP, since they aren't huge film fans).

So, is the IMAX experience worth it, in both time and money? Normally I wouldn't bother with the IMAX at all, but since the reports surfaced stating over an hours worth of IMAX footage, it's hard to ignore.

So, is the IMAX experience worth it, in both time and money? Normally I wouldn't bother with the IMAX at all, but since the reports surfaced stating over an hours worth of IMAX footage, it's hard to ignore.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

You will NOT regret it. Honestly if you do, i'll pay you the ticket difference :lecture

The voidcat guarantee :lol :wave

Don't push it now :thwak

One-time offer :lol

TDK especially. Mostly to do with Nolan being uncomfortable dealing with Heath's death though.

Hopefully we get a good in depth look at the Joker behind the scenes

Deleted scenes...Deleted scenes...Deleted scenes...Deleted scenes...Deleted scenes...:pray:

Filmed with real Imax camera = See it in real Imax theater

My question is this.

Why wasn't the entire movie filmed in Imax?

Why does only 75 minutes of the movie deserve that quality and not the other 95 minutes?

Same great story, what gives?

Can't be the money, can it?

Filmed with real Imax camera = See it in real Imax theater

My question is this.

Why wasn't the entire movie filmed in Imax?

Why does only 75 minutes of the movie deserve that quality and not the other 95 minutes?

Same great story, what gives?

Can't be the money, can it?

Practicality.

IMAX cameras are very very noisy and very very heavy, so they are not really suitable for close up dialogue scenes, as these would have to be completely overdubbed which could look a bit wonky.

They are therefore much more suited to action sequences.

And given how heavy they are, i'm sure in many situations it is very very impractical to be using an IMAX camera.

These are some of the issues i've heard in interviews etc

Nearest IMAX is the Odeon in Greenwich. Roughly half an hours drive away. I'd be okay with paying £15 per ticket, but I'm not too sure the people I'm dragging there will be haha time to try and convince them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back