The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearest IMAX is the Odeon in Greenwich. Roughly half an hours drive away. I'd be okay with paying £15 per ticket, but I'm not too sure the people I'm dragging there will be haha time to try and convince them.

This is your mission now :lol

I will say though, the Greenwich IMAX is not 70mm, so it isn't the true IMAX print that this should really be seen with.
For that, you would need to come to Waterloo..

But Greenwich IMAX will still be 89342142x better than regular theater

Here's a question for fellow Bat Freaks: When a film arrives at a theater, especially one the length of TDKR, the reels will arrive in 2 boxes. We then splice all the reels together. If it's locked, the last 2 reels will probably be the only ones locked in one box meaning the first 5 reels will be unlocked. My fellow projectionist asked me last night if we wanted to watch the first 3/4 of the film early, then watch the rest the next night. I am so tempted to say yes, but a part of me thinks I would kick myself for not being able to watch the whole thing in one sitting. But the other crazy part of me that can't wait any longer thinks we should digest the first 3/4 one night, then watch it in it's entirety the following night. What would you do? This is seriously weighing on me :lol

Well at the press screening the other day when the imax broke down they asked them to comeback and watch it from the beginning, not from where it broke at. They said the flow was important. Not sure if that helps but I would wait.

Here's a question for fellow Bat Freaks: When a film arrives at a theater, especially one the length of TDKR, the reels will arrive in 2 boxes. We then splice all the reels together. If it's locked, the last 2 reels will probably be the only ones locked in one box meaning the first 5 reels will be unlocked. My fellow projectionist asked me last night if we wanted to watch the first 3/4 of the film early, then watch the rest the next night. I am so tempted to say yes, but a part of me thinks I would kick myself for not being able to watch the whole thing in one sitting. But the other crazy part of me that can't wait any longer thinks we should digest the first 3/4 one night, then watch it in it's entirety the following night. What would you do? This is seriously weighing on me :lol

Watch in entirety the next day. No question about it.

All the early reviews say the last 15 mins are mindblowing, I wouldn't want to wait till the next day to experience the ending!!

And I would imagine the impact of the ending will be slightly tempered if you've seen the first 75% before.

Well we would watch it in it's entirety the following day. Just watch 3/4 a day early. So we would get the appropriate flow the following day (more than likely the Thursday it comes out)

Practicality.

IMAX cameras are very very noisy and very very heavy, so they are not really suitable for close up dialogue scenes, as these would have to be completely overdubbed which could look a bit wonky.

They are therefore much more suited to action sequences.

And given how heavy they are, i'm sure in many situations it is very very impractical to be using an IMAX camera.

These are some of the issues i've heard in interviews etc

Please, no technical excuses. :lol

Actually, I just read that an Imax shot can only last 2-3 minutes max, WB had a special Imax camera built for TDKR that could exceed those 2-3 minutes by another few minutes.

Still, I want an Imax shot of Gordon laying in a hospital bed dammit. :tap

Imax reels are delivered via forklift and rolled to the projection room. :lol

Please, no technical excuses. :lol

Actually, I just read that an Imax shot can only last 2-3 minutes max, WB had a special Imax camera built for TDKR that could exceed those 2-3 minutes by another few minutes.

Still, I want an Imax shot of Gordon laying in a hospital bed dammit. :tap

Imax reels are delivered via forklift and rolled to the projection room. :lol

According to a video I watched, when TDKR (in 15/70 IMAX) is spooled and on the reel, it weighs about 600 lbs. :lecture

Was this posted?

'Dark Knight Rises' Pacing to Score Biggest Weekend Opening of All Time For 2D Movie

Pre-release tracking indicates Christopher Nolan's final Batman movie will eclipse the $158.4 million opening of his last film "The Dark Knight."

Hollywood was abuzz on Monday over the strength of tracking for Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight Rises, which hits theaters in two weeks on July 20.
Box office observers widely believe that Dark Knight Rises will out-perform the $158.4 million opening of The Dark Knight on the same weekend in 2008, then the biggest three-day debut of all time at the domestic box office.
Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight remains the top opener of all time in terms of a 2D pic. A pair of 3D pics -- Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows: Part 2 and The Avengers -- now claim No. 1 and No. 2 with $169.2 million and $207.4 million, respectively.
Overall tracking numbers for Dark Knight Rises aren't that far behind Avengers, but Dark Knight Rises won't enjoy the boost from the upcharge for a 3D ticket. To boot, Dark Knight Rises is 164 minutes, 21 more minutes than Avengers and 12 more minutes than Dark Knight.
Dark Knight Rises has plenty going in its favor. In addition to being the last installment in Nolan's wildly successful Batman trilogy, it should be big draw in several hundred IMAX theaters, which charge a premium (Nolan shot more than an hour of the film with IMAX cameras).
With The Amazing Spider-Man now open in theaters, tracking for Dark Knight Rises surged over the weekend. According to those who have seen Monday's tracking numbers, unaided awareness for Dark Knight Rises is 19, compared to 20 for The Avengers. First choice is 30 for Dark Knight Rises, versus 33 for The Avengers. Definite interest in Dark Knight Rises is 66, compared to 65 for Avengers.
Females are slightly less interested in seeing Dark Knight Rises than The Avengers, although Warners marketing operation has two weeks to further woo this demo.

I'm actually surprised that females aren't more interested in TDKR than The Avengers. Strong female protagonist? check. Emotional center? check (Alfred's heart-to-heart is a prime example of this). Christian Bale and Tom Hardy with their shirts off? check. What gives, fairer sex? :dunno

I'm actually surprised that females aren't more interested in TDKR than The Avengers. Strong female protagonist? check. Emotional center? check (Alfred's heart-to-heart is a prime example of this). Christian Bale and Tom Hardy with their shirts off? check. What gives, fairer sex? :dunno

Thor. This doesn't have Thor or his arms. Or his hair. That man is a god, after all.

Are women actually into Tom Hardy as he appears in this? Shirtless maybe, but He's still a bald dude wearing a gimp mask who sounds like a vaguely evil European mad scientist. :lol I'll have to ask the women in my life.

Maybe it's the power and leadership ability.

True, Thor/Chris Hemsworth is a GOD...God of ABSgard. :lol

a2dd44c8.jpg

YES I'm an Avengers fan, and have been a Marvel fan since I was a kid. However Batman is the only character I like in the DC universe.
And with Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman...so hot!
I don't know why more girls aren't into this franchise.
They are missing out on AWESOME!!

Are women actually into Tom Hardy as he appears in this? Shirtless maybe, but He's still a bald dude wearing a gimp mask who sounds like a vaguely evil European mad scientist. :lol I'll have to ask the women in my life.

Maybe it's the power and leadership ability.

Yep my girl Loves Hardy and just wants to see him henched up. Bald or not.

Was this posted?

'Dark Knight Rises' Pacing to Score Biggest Weekend Opening of All Time For 2D Movie

Pre-release tracking indicates Christopher Nolan's final Batman movie will eclipse the $158.4 million opening of his last film "The Dark Knight."

Hollywood was abuzz on Monday over the strength of tracking for Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight Rises, which hits theaters in two weeks on July 20.
Box office observers widely believe that Dark Knight Rises will out-perform the $158.4 million opening of The Dark Knight on the same weekend in 2008, then the biggest three-day debut of all time at the domestic box office.
Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight remains the top opener of all time in terms of a 2D pic. A pair of 3D pics -- Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows: Part 2 and The Avengers -- now claim No. 1 and No. 2 with $169.2 million and $207.4 million, respectively.
Overall tracking numbers for Dark Knight Rises aren't that far behind Avengers, but Dark Knight Rises won't enjoy the boost from the upcharge for a 3D ticket. To boot, Dark Knight Rises is 164 minutes, 21 more minutes than Avengers and 12 more minutes than Dark Knight.
Dark Knight Rises has plenty going in its favor. In addition to being the last installment in Nolan's wildly successful Batman trilogy, it should be big draw in several hundred IMAX theaters, which charge a premium (Nolan shot more than an hour of the film with IMAX cameras).
With The Amazing Spider-Man now open in theaters, tracking for Dark Knight Rises surged over the weekend. According to those who have seen Monday's tracking numbers, unaided awareness for Dark Knight Rises is 19, compared to 20 for The Avengers. First choice is 30 for Dark Knight Rises, versus 33 for The Avengers. Definite interest in Dark Knight Rises is 66, compared to 65 for Avengers.
Females are slightly less interested in seeing Dark Knight Rises than The Avengers, although Warners marketing operation has two weeks to further woo this demo.

Yupp this is gonna top TDK box office IMO, as i've said before.

Robert Downey Jr. for the oldschool women, Chris Hemmsworth for those that like the surfer dudes, Chris Evans for those that like the underwear models, Jeremy Renner for those who like nerdy geeks (Weenie), Tom Hiddleston for those who like the EMO effeminate mangina types, and ScarJo for those who dig heroically hot women. Given there's someone for every woman, I can easily see why they like Avengers more thank TDKR. :lol

Ive met quite a few women who had no interest in anything Avengers but went and saw the film because they're Whedon fans.

There's that too!

You guys are forgetting Loki

Mind____ female magnet of the year :lol

I dunno, you have an ol' lady, right? :lol :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back