"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you mudshark, those pictures really help me. And your comments direct me a lot.
;)
Juanma.

litial: This is about the best I could do on short notice. Unfortunately I don't have FFoD on Blu-ray yet, so the images aren't the best they could be. These were grabbed off my computer's DVD player. I'll try to take some pics off my HDTV later and see if I can get something better for you.

I would say the bags are a very dark brown, like dark chocolate color, almost black, but not quite. They're extremely scuffed and worn on the outer surfaces, so the natural brown color of the leather underneath is showing through.

This may be more work than it's worth, but if you could find some brown leather of the proper thickness for a 1:6 scaled down version, stain it dark brown with leather dye or shoe polish, then sand the surface until the lighter brown shows through, I think you could probably get almost the exact look of the bags in the film. I would also suggest using a leather with a smoother surface texture. Anyway, I hope these pics are some help to you. :D

FistfulofDollarsSaddlebagsa.jpg

FistfulofDollarsSaddlebagse.jpg

FistfulofDollarsSaddlebagsc.jpg

FistfulofDollarsSaddlebagsf.jpg

FistfulofDollarsSaddlebagsd.jpg

:( :( :( Yeah, I´m invisible
;)

Well, you have my attention... for what it's worth. :lol

By the way, I watched FFoD on the HDTV and I found a couple more scenes that show the saddlebags in pretty good detail. Unfortunately the batteries for my camera needed recharging, so I'll try to post some new pics for ya tomorrow! :)

Thank you very much Mudshark.

It could be great to have good pictures to try to reproduce the saddlebags.
Your help is highly appreciated.
;)
Thank youuuu!

Well, you have my attention... for what it's worth. :lol

By the way, I watched FFoD on the HDTV and I found a couple more scenes that show the saddlebags in pretty good detail. Unfortunately the batteries for my camera needed recharging, so I'll try to post some new pics for ya tomorrow! :)

Last edited:
Litial, your bags look spot on. The bags from the movie look like a different style than we usually see from western bags. The open cut for the portion that fits the back of the saddle is surprisingly big.

I think the cutting of the pattern is a bit messy and sloppy, litial. It lacks that clean cut, solid feel that the rainman version seem to have.

To improve, I think you need to learn more about cutting leather and patterns, and then study which type of material suits best to replicate this bag. a 1/6 scale material of course. Because a 1:1 scale would be too thick and looks off.

I think blondie's bag is dark brown.

hope that helps.

ignore most of this litial - i think the bags look excellent already.

hyd, dude - you need to learn some tact my man. i've seen you blasting quite a few custom peeps around here recently. it's great you give your honest opinion but there's a way to do it and a way not to. especially if you yourself have never produced great custom works.

Watched "Fistful of Dollars" last night and was inspired to try this classic scene with my VM custom MwNN, the one where he faces off with the four Baxter men. (You'll have to imagine the town's there in the background!)

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'..."

P1010129.jpg

P1010127.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, thank you all for your comments. But if somebody can provide me more pictures from the film of the saddlebag I will try my best.
;)
Thank you!
Juanma.

By the way, thank you all for your comments. But if somebody can provide me more pictures from the film of the saddlebag I will try my best.
;)
Thank you!
Juanma.

I haven't forgotten you, mate! Had to work a long 13 hour day today and got home too late. The camera's charged and ready to go, so I'll take a few more saddlebag pics for you over the weekend. Just hang in there a little longer. :)

I've always thought it was called "A Fistful of Dollars"? Not "For a Fistful of Dollars"??

You're absolutely right... it is usually called "A Fistful of Dollars", although in the opening credits it's just "Fistful of Dollars", so I guess it really ought to be "FoD". Guess I should've stuck with "Per un pugno di dollari"... less confusion that way. :lol

Last edited:
Thank you!!.
;)
well I use to work around the same, terrrible. Ok, I wait those pictures!
;)
Just a courisoty to share.
In Spain those 3 great movies arrived to our cinema as:

Por un puñado de dolares: A fistfull of dollars
La muerte tenía un Precio: For a few dollars more
El bueno, el feo y el malo: The Good, the bad & the Ugly

Sergio Leone For Ever!!
;)

I haven't forgotten you, mate! Had to work a long 13 hour day today and got home too late. The camera's charged and ready to go, so I'll take a few more saddlebag pics for you over the weekend. Just hang in there a little longer. :)

You're absolutely right... it is called "A Fistful of Dollars". Would you believe "A FistFul of Dollars"...? Just an old bad habit from way back I'm afraid. Used to mix it up with "For a Few Dollars More", or FFDM. :duh :lol

I probably should've stuck with "Per un pugno di dollari"... less confusion that way. :lol

* Btw, I believe "FFoD" belongs to "Five Fingers of Death".

Litial: I managed to grab a few more pics of the saddlebags. They're from SD DVD, so they're not very clear. Maybe somebody else can take some in higher resolution for you. In the meanwhile, I hope these are of some use.

FoDSaddlebag4.jpg

FoDSaddlebag1.jpg

FoDSaddlebag7.jpg

FoDSaddlebag6.jpg

FoDSaddlebag5.jpg

FoDSaddlebag2.jpg

FoDSaddlebag3.jpg

FoDSaddlebag1.jpg

Thank you Mudshark I think with these pictures I have enough detail to make modifications to the saddlebags I did. Now I can see it´s a very dark leather one.
Thank you very much!
Juanma.

Litial: I managed to grab a few more pics of the saddlebags. They're from SD DVD, so they're not very clear. Maybe somebody else can take some in higher resolution for you. In the meanwhile, I hope these are of some use.

FoDSaddlebag4.jpg

FoDSaddlebag1.jpg

FoDSaddlebag7.jpg

FoDSaddlebag6.jpg

FoDSaddlebag5.jpg

FoDSaddlebag2.jpg

FoDSaddlebag3.jpg

FoDSaddlebag1.jpg

Back