The Great FARAMIR Image Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice images Ringer - I'm surprised we don't see more repaints of this figure. I have to admit that while Aragorn (especially as Strider) is my favorite character in LOTR, Faramir is my favorite in the SS line and a good paint job shows what a truly amazing figure it is.

Alas I've yet to break out the paints and repaint mine - never seems to be enough time.

Nice images Ringer - I'm surprised we don't see more repaints of this figure. I have to admit that while Aragorn (especially as Strider) is my favorite character in LOTR, Faramir is my favorite in the SS line and a good paint job shows what a truly amazing figure it is.

Alas I've yet to break out the paints and repaint mine - never seems to be enough time.

I'm surprised too; once the paint job is taken care of it's hands-down the best of the line. The detail and weapons are perfect, and the costume is AMAZING. I love it!

Good news! I'm almost done with Faramir's green cloak. It's taking a bit since I need to make a new inner longvest so that the tabbards of it match his cloak, but it's coming along. Boromir's however, is being quite a chore--the material is flawless as far as look and scale, but it's a monster to sew properly! So be patient. Besides, I'm a fan of dramatic reveals and big surprises. :cool:

Good news! I'm almost done with Faramir's green cloak. It's taking a bit since I need to make a new inner longvest so that the tabbards of it match his cloak, but it's coming along. Boromir's however, is being quite a chore--the material is flawless as far as look and scale, but it's a monster to sew properly! So be patient. Besides, I'm a fan of dramatic reveals and big surprises. :cool:

You need to hurry dude. I'm getting impatient. Drama is overrated.:D

I am, but it's all being done by hand since I don't have a sewing machine up here at school, so it takes forever. Plus my sewing scissors busted so I gotta get some new ones. I know it's taking forever, but with something like this I'd rather take my time and get it perfect than rush it, plus other things have to take priority at the moment, like school and stuff. But it'll come--it'll come. :cool:

First ever attempt at a repaint - let me know what you think. Sorry the photos aren't great - just off the phone I'm afraid...

Cheers

Andy

Aww, this thread has fallen onto page two again. S'pose I'll give Cap a break and bump this back up with a long overdue pic of my Faramir. Been meaning to do this for a while but the paint apps were so crumby I just couldnt be arsed. Managed to get a decent angle so the flaws aren't so prevalent:

View attachment 5080

Waiting anxiously on Frodo and Sam to redeem this line...

Oops, I've been sleeping at the wheel again! :lol Anyway, my Faramir came in from the Tolkien Tribute contest, and it's crazy to see him next to my Les repaint. The difference is shocking!

Is that too selfish of me? I would love to do a give-away but if I don't do something I can't see myself affording the two of them. And I'd kill myself if I missed one because of money! :monkey2

Back