The Great FARAMIR Image Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Capt! I have a Question... and figured I can't find you better here then elsewheres on the board! :lol

I just opened my Faramir up and there is alot going on. (My 3rd 12" fig opened)

What did you do to make him look right? Where do all his accesories go and what did you do to tighten him up?

Thanks Man!!

With all of the LOTR figures, the most important thing is to take everything off and then put them on again carefully. For Faramir, it's tricky since you can't easily take off his vest or tunic. So, first take off the cape. Tug the green vest tabbards down, and make sure they fall around him kind of like a skirt. Then make sure you tug the jerkin here and there until it looks right. The leather arm sleeves should be kind of high up, not too far down his arms.

After this, put the belt on so that it goes up right to the first buckles on his sides. Make sure to draw it pretty taut; you want it ti fit well and not look too loose. The knot of the buckle should be about where left root of the tree is when you look at him straight. Then make sure the sword hangs at a higher angle; don't let it fall down straight.

The cape comes on last. Tie it nice and close to his neck, and use the wire to make sure it falls right on his shoulders and doesn't bunch up at the top. Then turn him around, and start to bring the cape together from the middle to the sides. Then when you've gathered most of it in, fold the edges over just a bit. Take the quiver and put it on over his shoulder just as you'd imagine, though since it's so long you may want to wrap the strap around the cloth part just once for security. And from that just keep futzing until he looks right!

I'm taking lots of pics tomorrow to help, I hope, especially since his brother just got a new present. :rolleyes: For now, here's this--it's older, but the new ones will look much better:

DSC01411.jpg

With all of the LOTR figures, the most important thing is to take everything off and then put them on again carefully. For Faramir, it's tricky since you can't easily take off his vest or tunic. So, first take off the cape. Tug the green vest tabbards down, and make sure they fall around him kind of like a skirt. Then make sure you tug the jerkin here and there until it looks right. The leather arm sleeves should be kind of high up, not too far down his arms.

After this, put the belt on so that it goes up right to the first buckles on his sides. Make sure to draw it pretty taut; you want it ti fit well and not look too loose. The knot of the buckle should be about where left root of the tree is when you look at him straight. Then make sure the sword hangs at a higher angle; don't let it fall down straight.

The cape comes on last. Tie it nice and close to his neck, and use the wire to make sure it falls right on his shoulders and doesn't bunch up at the top. Then turn him around, and start to bring the cape together from the middle to the sides. Then when you've gathered most of it in, fold the edges over just a bit. Take the quiver and put it on over his shoulder just as you'd imagine, though since it's so long you may want to wrap the strap around the cloth part just once for security. And from that just keep futzing until he looks right!

I'm taking lots of pics tomorrow to help, I hope, especially since his brother just got a new present. :rolleyes: For now, here's this--it's older, but the new ones will look much better:

DSC01411.jpg

More Pics Please. Cap't Faramir we need your help!

Hey guys. I've just put my custom Faramir up for auction. I love him, but I don't have room for him anymore. Check him out if you're interested! Just click on the picture! I also put FDR up.

Looks great dude! Glad to see the thread is still going. I've been sick in bed for the past week, so I haven't been able to post at all for the whole time--luckily nobody seems to have noticed I was gone! Hope this one sold well for you bro. :cool:

Looks great dude! Glad to see the thread is still going. I've been sick in bed for the past week, so I haven't been able to post at all for the whole time--luckily nobody seems to have noticed I was gone! Hope this one sold well for you bro. :cool:
i noticed you were gone. the board was getting pretty negative without you. glad you're back to bring balance to the force. BTW, where'd your sig go?

i noticed you were gone. the board was getting pretty negative without you. glad you're back to bring balance to the force. BTW, where'd your sig go?

I have no idea; it's been bothering me all day. Thanks for noticing though, as I was beginning to think people had just let me slip though the cracks. :lol I've gotta find out what happened to my sig though . . .

I have no idea; it's been bothering me all day. Thanks for noticing though, as I was beginning to think people had just let me slip though the cracks. :lol I've gotta find out what happened to my sig though . . .
i think maulfan's web page is down. so if it is linked directly from there i think we got the answer.

Oh boy! I just got back from buying the most perfect green fabric; now that Boromir's cloak is done I can focus on the good Captain's new green vest and cloak. It always irked me that they didn't get the colors right--I mean, they didn't even make the colors of the two items the same! So, hopefully I'll have that fixed up in a bit. Fortunately this job is a million times simpler than Boromir's elaborate nightmare, so it shouldn't be such a miserably arduous task. :cool:

Oh boy! I just got back from buying the most perfect green fabric; now that Boromir's cloak is done I can focus on the good Captain's new green vest and cloak. It always irked me that they didn't get the colors right--I mean, they didn't even make the colors of the two items the same! So, hopefully I'll have that fixed up in a bit. Fortunately this job is a million times simpler than Boromir's elaborate nightmare, so it shouldn't be such a miserably arduous task. :cool:

Have you posted pictures of Boromirs cloak? if you have i missed it! ive been dying to see what it looks like. i cant believe sideshow didnt release that as an exclusive....

Thanks CF! I haven't finished the costuming yet, but that's a quick fix. But, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Very sad to be sending it out to it's owner. :lol

Thanks CF! I haven't finished the costuming yet, but that's a quick fix. But, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Very sad to be sending it out to it's owner. :lol

As well you should be! Everybody deserves a great figure like this, especially an artist such as yourself dude. But I definitely look forward to seeing what else you do with this one!

Back