Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the FN truth. My comic shop told me he ordered 10 and they're giving him 3. He says that Sideshow is getting more and more difficult to deal with.

That's weird? Especially with this being an open ES. You'd think it wouldn't be a problem?

I wonder how many times open ES had been mentioned in this thread :lol

GRRRRRR... stop wasting so much time worry about HOW MANY OF THESE are getting made. If you want it BUY it ... if you don't ... well DON'T. In the end just understand that it may take MANY years for this to go up in value... heck it could go down eventually, but do you want an awesome looking Hulk or NOT.

Also, PLEASE don't start the whole "I want an awesome collectible that goes up in value .... blah blah blah ... and SSC has forgotten its fans.... ***** ***** *****" talk... I am not TRYING to be rude, but that conversation was WORTH having 17 TIMES AGO! Now it is just frustrating to read through.

GRRRRRR... stop wasting so much time worry about HOW MANY OF THESE are getting made. If you want it BUY it ... if you don't ... well DON'T. In the end just understand that it may take MANY years for this to go up in value... heck it could go down eventually, but do you want an awesome looking Hulk or NOT.

Also, PLEASE don't start the whole "I want an awesome collectible that goes up in value .... blah blah blah ... and SSC has forgotten its fans.... ***** ***** *****" talk... I am not TRYING to be rude, but that conversation was WORTH having 17 TIMES AGO! Now it is just frustrating to read through.

You're wasting more energy than anyone going on about not going on about it! :panic: :lol

Nope ... Was taking a brake from writing up some report cards ... So it felt good to blow off some steam ...:wink1:, but it doesn't make anything I said any LESS true.

So...

This won't actually have a number under the base?

Only kidding bro. :wink1:
Peace! :peace :chillpill:

Hope your students know the difference between 'break' and 'brake'. :slap

Not to mention the price too. :monkey2 who would not buy this from a comic shop and get a nice discount and free shipping? Btw shipping for this huge thing will be big!

Unfortunately for me, all the LCS around me realize this and mark up their products, especially the ones from Sideshow.

On top of that, I would also have to pay sales tax. :(

Huh? I order from my comic shop and there is never a charge for shipping? :dunno

Your local shop will factor in their cost of having the statue shipped to their store. You just will have the price figured RIGHT in to the sticker value SO to speak.

The comic shops around me do not mark up prices over retail, and still sometimes order discounts.

Now for my online AD, he will give the maximum allowed discount and free shipping at times, just to make the sale. It still gives him profit, moves product faster, and creates a better customer base. Since he happens to be in my city, I've never had to pay a shipping charge.

:horror:horror:horror such anger.......:stick:lol

The comic shops around me do not mark up prices over retail, and still sometimes order discounts.

Now for my online AD, he will give the maximum allowed discount and free shipping at times, just to make the sale. It still gives him profit, moves product faster, and creates a better customer base. Since he happens to be in my city, I've never had to pay a shipping charge.

Yep same here.

:horror:horror:horror such anger.......:stick:lol

:lol:lol:lol

Your LCS rock... The new near me tack on a 25-40% markup on statues currently being sold from SSC, and that is after they got a 20-30%. One of them has a Reg Joker on for $500 RIGHT NOW!!! Now at that particular store IF you know you can hagel with them they drop the prices ALMOST immediately back to retail ... That is IF you are willing to pay cash. My he BFF AD can get pieces below retail, and since he is in Toronto to I don't pay a lick of shipping from him:yess:

Your LCS rock... The new near me tack on a 25-40% markup on statues currently being sold from SSC, and that is after they got a 20-30%. One of them has a Reg Joker on for $500 RIGHT NOW!!! Now at that particular store IF you know you can hagel with them they drop the prices ALMOST immediately back to retail ... That is IF you are willing to pay cash. My he BFF AD can get pieces below retail, and since he is in Toronto to I don't pay a lick of shipping from him:yess:

Wow didn't know comic shops can do this. :monkey1 that's just greed....switch comic shops? Some are just plain bad while some are great!

Wow didn't know comic shops can do this. :monkey1 that's just greed....switch comic shops? Some are just plain bad while some are great!

Dude it is the old saying "A sucker is born EVERYMINUTE"... They set their prices .. If the buyer knows better then they will drop them or wait for the sucker. They are aloud to set the price the market will bare. If you didn't know that then you and I are going to discuss which of us is the newb ...:rotfl

Ohh spidey, They also had an angel for 500 too!

Not much for LCS in downtown Toronto but, i hear good things about one up in Vaughan that doesn't go all Quintus Batiatus on its customers. But for now i'll stick with SSC even for my regs.

Ohh spidey, They also had an angel for 500 too!

Not much for LCS in downtown Toronto but, i hear good things about one up in Vaughan that doesn't go all Quintus Batiatus on its customers. But for now i'll stick with SSC even for my regs.

Angel better be an ex for 500.00. :lecture but come to think of it now a few in Florida did the same. They marked it up very high last year a rogue reg was 400.00, alien big chap 1000.00, vampi PF reg was 400.00, tomb raider PF reg was 500.00, ultron reg was 500.00, a lendary iron man with a arm completely broken off was 900.00, and so on. :monkey1 the owners response was who else will you buy it from because there was no competition around. They don't expect anyone to know about the Internet. :wink1:

Last edited:
Back