Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From SF.

Just thought people here would like to see.

875FD8EF-8739-4509-AD20-D5FCB22108D2-215-000000509C6B1A9E_zps6c7f9d9e.jpg

WTF? While this is a very thin mold...what happened to this particular statue? Was it smashed on purpose?

Now I'm debated if I want this even though I have all the other Avengers statues. I might just save up some award points and apply it later on. No hurry though. I'll wait till i can get this Hulk for $300.

Looking at the product page, I can't believe this only weighs 18 lbs. The Elvira statue weighs as much as this....

Last edited:
WTF? While this is a very thin mold...what happened to this particular statue? Was it smashed on purpose?

I'm sure SSC asked this customer to smash this piece because it was damaged and they needed to send out a replacement. It's the only logical explanation.

That is why I said I don't like hollow light weight statue....

Total non issue for me, to me it's far more important what the piece looks like on the outside, I don't give a crud what's on the inside, why would I care?. If Galactus was a solid piece theres no way I could get it, it would be too heavy to display where I want, plus international shipping is already extortionate.

I understand if your a clumsy person or someone who lets your pets or kids near your statues then you might want a solid piece, though it's my experience that if your statue takes a tumble then it's gonna break, whether its solid cast or egg shell.

Still so much negativity around this Hulk Maquette, even more so now that these pics have been released. Why the surprise? :dunno We all knew it would likely be hollow inside....the pictures have just proved what we all knew already. Anyway, to me the weight nor the lack of ES doesnt even come into it. If your a Hulk/Avengers fan then piece is a must. I cant see SSC releasing another classic 1/4 Hulk for a while (apart from WWHulk which is in the pipeline?) At the end of the day i can only speak for myself and for me buying the Hulk Maquette was a no brainer :)

Total non issue for me, to me it's far more important what the piece looks like on the outside, I don't give a crud what's on the inside, why would I care?. If Galactus was a solid piece theres no way I could get it, it would be too heavy to display where I want, plus international shipping is already extortionate.

I understand if your a clumsy person or someone who lets your pets or kids near your statues then you might want a solid piece, though it's my experience that if your statue takes a tumble then it's gonna break, whether its solid cast or egg shell.

....... Should I reply to the person who has only 2 post? Everyone have different taste of what they collect, If you compare to all other hulk by sideshow, you will know. A 50 pounds hulk and this.....

That pic was also posted on FB. Apparently the guy had to smash his to get a replacement. It is pretty shocking when you think about how much they are charging for this thing yet the cast seems so fragile. If I wanted a hulk piggy bank I would go to toys r us :lol

Owner had to break it to get the replacement. I wish he did an experiment on it and dropped it on the floor from shelf height. Then we could have see if the weight/hollowness had that much of an effect.

hmm, I wonder where's shai. no nude women to pose with his hulk?

Shai has bee very busy at work.

Wow, SS is getting cheap and low quality and increasing prices. I'm glad I skipped this piece. I did it because of the LE not being numbered but now I feel bad for people that bought it. One wrong move and it's CRACK! Broken :( (much like all PFs but this one seems extra thin and flimsy). :slap Still a great sculpt buy no idea why they made it hollow when the original PF is solid.

I have no problem with it being hollow. As a matter of fact it's nice to be able to move it when I dust or rearange my statues. But I can see how it would bother some. I don't think anyone who bought it and knew it was hollow really care.

yea there's something about this hulk that just didn't catch me. just didn't feel like it got enough definition, muscle, etc. and the quality just not up there.

I understand that. I loved the comiquette because of all the great definition. But I can not stree enough how awesome this piece looks in person. Believe me the definition is there. But it looks real and not over the top (nothing wrong with over the top) It is without question my fav. Hulk I have owned with the Comi coming is 2nd and the PF 3rd

I also passed on this because it was a LE. Man, after seeing the pics of him busted up and all hollow I'm glad I didn't purchase it. It's a phenomenal sculpt but if I paid $700 for this piece and I saw those pics, I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't have bothered me. Seeing things like this really has me worrying about future SSC releases. I'd rather they made these pieces sturdier and charged more for them. There is nothing better than a great statue that is well made.

I don't think I would want to pay more then I did for extra resin that I can't see. But like I said I can understand why this would bother some.

I ordered this one n coz of 2nd thought cancelled it right away still thinking abt this one i liked hulk Maquette a lot but because of LS & hollowness i m still confused....... plz SS don't make galactus hollow we r paying money for premium products we should get premium don't give us excuse of shipping .........

Galactus will be Hollow :lecture

:thud:

I knew it was hollow but not this much. The price just doesn't make any sense to me. The profit must be really great for SS.

After paying Legacy effects their part I don't know if SSC is making anymore then they would off a regular PF.

I don't care if this is his 2nd post. I agree 100%

Still so much negativity around this Hulk Maquette, even more so now that these pics have been released. Why the surprise? :dunno We all knew it would likely be hollow inside....the pictures have just proved what we all knew already. Anyway, to me the weight nor the lack of ES doesnt even come into it. If your a Hulk/Avengers fan then piece is a must. I cant see SSC releasing another classic 1/4 Hulk for a while (apart from WWHulk which is in the pipeline?) At the end of the day i can only speak for myself and for me buying the Hulk Maquette was a no brainer :)

I actually did not expect the backlash after I put up the photo. I did it because I knew people were wondering what it looked like. I like you roberto don't know why people are acting so shocked when they knew it was hollow in the first place. Hulk Comiquette was hollow also accept for his planted leg which had for be solid to balance the statue. All of his weight came from the base. I love this Hulk maquette and unless SSC comes out with something that blows this out of the water, this will be my one Hulk. Now the WWH that is on the way could compete but only if it looks nothing like the photo on the calander.

....... Should I reply to the person who has only 2 post? Everyone have different taste of what they collect, If you compare to all other hulk by sideshow, you will know. A 50 pounds hulk and this.....

I can't tell what the weight of either is when it sits up on a shelf. I do know this, the Hulk PF was a ***** to find a stable place for and to move around when I needed to dust. Iworried about him breaking more then I ever do about the maquette breaking.

That pic was also posted on FB. Apparently the guy had to smash his to get a replacement. It is pretty shocking when you think about how much they are charging for this thing yet the cast seems so fragile. If I wanted a hulk piggy bank I would go to toys r us :lol

All of these pieces are fragile. Unless you plan on playing catch with them I think you should not have to worry IMO.

I've seen people on forums with a crazy amount of post who add much less to the sites. I'm not saying that is you by any means. I'm just saying his post count should have no bearing. I find it funny when people bring up post counts myself, they should probably just end up getting the measuring stick out.

Owner had to break it to get the replacement. I wish he did an experiment on it and dropped it on the floor from shelf height. Then we could have see if the weight/hollowness had that much of an effect.

Shai has bee very busy at work.

I have no problem with it being hollow. As a matter of fact it's nice to be able to move it when I dust or rearange my statues. But I can see how it would bother some. I don't think anyone who bought it and knew it was hollow really care.

I understand that. I loved the comiquette because of all the great definition. But I can not stree enough how awesome this piece looks in person. Believe me the definition is there. But it looks real and not over the top (nothing wrong with over the top) It is without question my fav. Hulk I have owned with the Comi coming is 2nd and the PF 3rd

I don't think I would want to pay more then I did for extra resin that I can't see. But like I said I can understand why this would bother some.

Galactus will be Hollow :lecture

After paying Legacy effects their part I don't know if SSC is making anymore then they would off a regular PF.

I don't care if this is his 2nd post. I agree 100%

I actually did not expect the backlash after I put up the photo. I did it because I knew people were wondering what it looked like. I like you roberto don't know why people are acting so shocked when they knew it was hollow in the first place. Hulk Comiquette was hollow also accept for his planted leg which had for be solid to balance the statue. All of his weight came from the base. I love this Hulk maquette and unless SSC comes out with something that blows this out of the water, this will be my one Hulk. Now the WWH that is on the way could compete but only if it looks nothing like the photo on the calander.

I can't tell what the weight of either is when it sits up on a shelf. I do know this, the Hulk PF was a ***** to find a stable place for and to move around when I needed to dust. Iworried about him breaking more then I ever do about the maquette breaking.

All of these pieces are fragile. Unless you plan on playing catch with them I think you should not have to worry IMO.

:goodpost:

Agree 100% with all of your points. This Hulk is awesome!

Back