Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big, big fan of Rafael and his custom work....check out his latest work on the repaint of the Hulk Maquette! :thud: this guy is so cool that he does all his custom work in a shirt and tie!! Love it! :rock sit back and enjoy a genius at work my friends....

[ame]https://youtu.be/5cWpWDEn6n8[/ame]

I'm a big, big fan of Rafael and his custom work....check out his latest work on the repaint of the Hulk Maquette! :thud: this guy is so cool that he does all his custom work in a shirt and tie!! Love it! :rock sit back and enjoy a genius at work my friends....

https://youtu.be/5cWpWDEn6n8

Wow that's amazing work. Only think I don't like is how shiny it was.

When he took the drill thing to the eyebrows I was like

294143_o.gif

Raf is the man. Everything he does blows me away. And what's crazy is that he wings it most of the time and it still ends up looking amazing lol

Chris

I was saying the same thing in my collection thread. :hi5:

You know what they say about GREAT MINDS!!!!,:hi5:
Yeah it isn't anything against his obvious talent... God knows i wish i had that kind of painting talent. I just prefer the look that SSC got as it is more accurate to how the character appeared in the film. Now if I was modding a Maq to look more like a comicbook version then Rafs take is where I would go with it.

You know what they say about GREAT MINDS!!!!,:hi5:
Yeah it isn't anything against his obvious talent... God knows i wish i had that kind of painting talent. I just prefer the look that SSC got as it is more accurate to how the character appeared in the film. Now if I was modding a Maq to look more like a comicbook version then Rafs take is where I would go with it.

:exactly:

I also wish i could paint like this guy.

:exactly:

I also wish i could paint like this guy.

I have considered dabbling it painting and sculpting... But to take a $700 statue and just start painting it like that takes SUPREME skill, knowledge, and talent/practise. If I had all that I would already have a Spiderman Com in my collection...:rotfl.

Raf has mad skillz, the tiny vein details look fantastic.

I'd definitely like more shading on him as he comes the paint is pretty flat.

https://youtu.be/5cWpWDEn6n8

Amazing! :clap Pants look great.
The thought of me taking a Dremel to one of my expensive statues is enough to give me nightmares.
I like the 'if it doesn't work I'll have to buy him a new one' attitude :lol

Has it given you any ideas Andy?

Amazing! :clap Pants look great.
The thought of me taking a Dremel to one of my expensive statues is enough to give me nightmares.
I like the 'if it doesn't work I'll have to buy him a new one' attitude :lol

Has it given you any ideas Andy?

It has actually, although Raf has totally more skills than I'll ever have! I've always been planning to adjust the eyebrows on mine to make them appear more level and possibly add a bit more weathering to the trousers... but what with my newborn and 100 new pieces arriving in the past month, I just haven't got round to it! Definately on my things to do list! :panic:

I have to say, listening to Rafa when he explained that he likes to customise his collectibles to how he thinks they should look, is something that I totally agree with and often do myself...despite that it may increase or often decrease the value of the item its still something that I think I will always do :)

I don't own many Marvel pieces but I picked up this Hulk last weekend at Chicago Comic Con. It's a great piece and I have to say it makes me want to add a Cap, Thor and Iron Man to complete the set.

Back