The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna have to write myself a note, the last few weeks I've been forgetting its Thursday and newsletter night until I come here and see talk about the newsletter.

And if anyone should miss this, don't despair get on the waitlist ASAP.

IF the actual mass produced figure looks as good as this prototype then I am going to have a new favorite PF in my collection. But that is a BIG if. We've been disappointed before. This is one highly anticipated statue and collectors will be looking at this one very closely when they get it out of the box. This reminds me of Master Replicas USS Enterprise studio scale model - which I have. Collectors were far more critical of that model and the expectations were high - maybe too high. There were a lot of complaints. I kind of feel that way about this figure. Sideshow is going to have to produce something very close to the prototype. I sincerely hope they do.

Its hard to say if it will sell out right away or not... the Stealth Ironman sold like gangbusters, but in general PF's take a bit longer to sell out.

I do imagine there will be a decent amount of waitlist conversions as people realize they don't have enough money and cards get declined.

At this point it doesn't matter how good the production figure is. Everyone has built it up so much, there's going to be complainers who only want to tear it down.

The likeness and everything looks great, but I just don't like the pose. Makes me glad I'm a 1:6 collector. This will be a great piece for sure though, but if anyone else is like me, the pose is a bit anticlimatic.

I think that based upon the initial response, this would be a safe one to put up for sale without a specific edition size. I am thinking this might be TBD at first.

The likeness and everything looks great, but I just don't like the pose. Makes me glad I'm a 1:6 collector. This will be a great piece for sure though, but if anyone else is like me, the pose is a bit anticlimatic.

I love the pose. Were you wanting something a bit more dynamic and in motion like the cimematic?

I love the pose. Were you wanting something a bit more dynamic and in motion like the cimematic?

Yeah I guess so, or at least a pose from a poster or something. This just doesn't seem like an iconic pose, like the cinematic piece is.

Had this been Indy trying to grab the idol, that would be a different story entirely. Do they have a dio license too?

Back