The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I guess so, or at least a pose from a poster or something. This just doesn't seem like an iconic pose, like the cinematic piece is.

Had this been Indy trying to grab the idol, that would be a different story entirely. Do they have a dio license too?

I'm not positive, but I'd be really surprised if they didn't have dios in the pipeline too. And I think what you're describing would be ideal for that format.

I'm not positive, but I'd be really surprised if they didn't have dios in the pipeline too. And I think what you're describing would be ideal for that format.

I wouldn't mind seeing dioramas, but that hasn't been specified yet.

Sideshow's product line will be inclusive of all four Indiana Jones films and will include 12-inch Figures, Premium Format Figures, and Life-size Busts that will range in price from $69.99 to $599.99

And although I wouldn't buy it, I would love to see a 1:1 bust of Mola Ram.

2ue4mtk.jpg

Well I figured this day would come. With the Aragorn, Anakin, Red Skull, and Thor Premium Formats on order and now this I have officially cancelled every 1/6 scale preorder I had and am liquidating 90% of my current 12 inch figures on ebay.

Long live Premium Format. And hurray for the stupendous 1/4 scale Indiana Jones! :bow

Yeah, me too. Too each his own, but the chosen pose is actually one of my favorite things about this piece. :rock

I think SS tends to make too many actiony off balance poses for my tastes. This one is perfect. I've seen the action whip Amsel poster pose too often and really like how classy and museum looking this piece is. :rock Love him holding the idol and am pleased they didn't slavishly try to recreate a movie scene.

And BTW I don't think any exclusive will include the idol pedestal. One, it's too big and would look a little odd sitting to one side and two, Indy's already standing on the pedestal. Gun hand is still my bet.

I wouldn't mind seeing dioramas, but that hasn't been specified yet.

And although I wouldn't buy it, I would love to see a 1:1 bust of Mola Ram.

I'd rather a Mola Ram PF holding the heart. Light up action yo!

indianajonespf.jpg

WOW!!!!

That's just...perfect.

And the sculpt captures Ford as INDY about as good as a production still. I really amazed how well this PF came out. I really like the pose too. Simple, but has a swagger about it.

My only nit, I wish the hat was real material.

I love the pose. Were you wanting something a bit more dynamic and in motion like the cimematic?

Nope. Its perfect, classy and iconic.

Yeah, me too. Too each his own, but the chosen pose is actually one of my favorite things about this piece. :rock

Amen.

I have officially cancelled every 1/6 scale preorder I had and am liquidating 90% of my current 12 inch figures on ebay.

I almost did this as well, had them all selected and ready to be canceled. The pressure to just get rid of them is sooooo strong.

My only nit, I wish the hat was real material.

Not me, only because real material hats never come out whenever I've seen them. I'd hate for the production piece be ruined by this major piece.

Another neat diorama would be the scene with a crazed Indy, drunk off the Blood of Kali, hitting Short Round and knocking the child to the ground.

Even though I don't like the pose, I got to admit they completely NAILED Ford's likeness, even with the smirk, which actually may be helping sell the likeness.

Still not thrilled with the pose. If I collected PF, I would probably consider this piece though.

I've got to be honest, although the prototype is astounding, so was the one for Han Solo, and look what they did to that. I have a fear that the people at the factory aren't going to be able to pull this one off either. I hope i'm wrong though.

On another quick note, it would be excellent to see if anyone 'corrected' their Han Solo PF to look more like the prototype, has anyone had this done at all?

D

2ue4mtk.jpg

Well I figured this day would come. With the Aragorn, Anakin, Red Skull, and Thor Premium Formats on order and now this I have officially cancelled every 1/6 scale preorder I had and am liquidating 90% of my current 12 inch figures on ebay.

Long live Premium Format. And hurray for the stupendous 1/4 scale Indiana Jones! :bow

I'm not too far behind you Khev,thinking about selling my 1/6 Hot Toys as well. Too many PF's coming out,haven't even got the Biker Scout yet,something's got to give. The price of the Wolf predator has just about given me the extra shove as well to sell the smaller figures.

Back