The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly...a pic needs posted every new page as reminder of awesomeness :D

Hell Yeah !! :rock:rock:rock

indianajonespf.jpg

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

If QC and paint apps disappoint on this piece then I think we're in for a whirlwind of badness the likes of which would make the SW stuff seem like Sunday School.

I wasn't really planning on getting this but WOW, it's just beautiful, I have to. :rock :bow

Same here, I was open to the possibility if it is better than the 12", but I figured they would be about equal and I would stick with that one. But now...

What time does it go on sale for eastern time? i'm in NY and if it's early, i'll take off of work cause these computers are slow as hell

edit, nevermind, i see it's 10am PT

but i have a question, when it goes on sale, what do i have to check first, there website or the newsletter? how does PPO work?

If you keep bringing this up every F'N page then it likely will happen. Don't jinx it!!:emperor

Actually, the opposite is true. It needs to be a constant and cognizant reminder. We can't take the impeccable prototype for granted. Neither can Sideshow. They need 110% effort in QC on this product. It's just too big and high-profile. The same can also be said for the 1/6 Indy, but the PF obviously takes the cake.

This is already a near legendary item.

Sideshow is on notice for this one. We'll be watching. :lecture

You think the Indy license is more high profile for Sideshow than Star Wars?

Not the license, per se. But you could argue that this single Indy piece is probably more high-profile than any single SW product they've released to date. Trust me, it's all the buzz right now... and not just among Indy fans/collectors.

The Sideshow SW item that will come closest to this amount of scrutiny will be the eventual initial Vader 1/6 figure.

Also, Star Wars has hit critical mass with many. There is just SO MUCH product in the market. SW also focuses on multiple core characters, whereas INDY has just one. Big difference. This is already THE quintessential item in Sideshow's entire INDY product line. They have to knock it out of the park.

Trust me, it's all the buzz right now... and not just among Indy fans/collectors.

True.

I'm not a big Indy fan. Allthough I like the movies, I never planned on purchasing anything from them.

But this PF is just too great not to own !!

You think the Indy license is more high profile for Sideshow than Star Wars?

I bet there's alot of overlap. Plus I think that this is so darn near perfect that if it comes out not looking so hot alot of people are going to be incredibly disappointed (I do think Sideshow is going to watch it closely to make sure it comes out good). Although at the same time I think Dave is right and this prototype is so awesome that no matter how good it comes out of production some people are going to be upset. No mass produced product can come out looking as insanely awesome as a prototype that was done by one person with alot more time and comfort than factory workers in China.

No mass produced product can come out looking as insanely awesome as a prototype that was done by one person with alot more time and comfort than factory workers in China.

That's true. But it's also the company's responsibility to produce a final prototype that they can at least get close to replicating in mass production.

If Sideshow produces a prototype as awesome as this knowing that there is no way the production piece will be close, then shame on them. But I happen to believe the opposite and that they are indeed aiming for perfection on this piece from start to finish.

The final production piece may not be quite as mind-numbingly detailedas this initial reveal, but I do expect it to come close, still be jaw-dropping... and not suffer from some of the same QC issues and production quirks that other SSC items in the past have had.

There can be no excuses on this one.

Unless there's some serious problems with the production piece, I hope the whining doesn't get too loud... Irish. :lol

Not the license, per se. But you could argue that this single Indy piece is probably more high-profile than any single SW product they've released to date. Trust me, it's all the buzz right now... and not just among Indy fans/collectors.

The Sideshow SW item that will come closest to this amount of scrutiny will be the eventual initial Vader 1/6 figure.

Also, Star Wars has hit critical mass with many. There is just SO MUCH product in the market. SW also focuses on multiple core characters, whereas INDY has just one. Big difference. This is already THE quintessential item in Sideshow's entire INDY product line. They have to knock it out of the park.

I agree. SW has so many characters that you can focus on and each really has a lot of product out there over the last 30 years (especially the more famous ones). There really is starting to be a flood of stuff out there and I think you can see that with the talk GG may be having some issues. Indy is Indy and IMO as famous if not a little more so than say Vader. If SS keeps up the way they've been going for the last several months I don't see why this won't be one of the best items ever.

Back