The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought the Star Wars franchise was much bigger than the Indiana Jones franchise. I don't have proof either way, that's just based on what I see around me.

However, it's true that Indy is the one iconic figure whereas Star Wars has many more high profile characters.

In regards to what it would do to Sideshow if the production of Indy wasn't as spot on as the prototype, I don't think it would be any worse than what happened over the Stealth Ironman.

exactly...a pic needs posted every new page as reminder of awesomeness :D

Hell Yeah !! :rock:rock:rock

indianajonespf.jpg

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

The final production piece may not be quite as mind-numbingly detailedas this initial reveal, but I do expect it to come close, still be jaw-dropping... and not suffer from some of the same QC issues and production quirks that other SSC items in the past have had.

Lurtz is another good example of a high pressure collectible - the first LOTR PF and arguably the best PF to date. One of the reasons it was so awesome was the QC during production. :lecture

Lurtz is another good example of a high pressure collectible - the first LOTR PF and arguably the best PF to date. One of the reasons it was so awesome was the QC during production. :lecture

I think Lurtz was probably a little easier in terms of having to nail a likeness. Fortunately they have some experience with sculpting Harrison Ford. And it's true, it's very important to hit a home run with the first piece in a new license to establish a foundation. I have faith in Sideshow, this one's gonna be good right outta the gate.

However, it's true that Indy is the one iconic figure whereas Star Wars has many more high profile characters.

Which kind of allows room for more error. I kind of attribute it to a team that has two players that could win MVP. They end up splitting the vote.

Unless there's some serious problems with the production piece, I hope the whining doesn't get too loud... Irish. :lol

I'm actually not the pickiest of collectors (plastic Bounty Hunter statues aside :monkey3 ). As long as the production piece is obviously produced with utmost care and attention to detail, I'll be fine with it.

... unless it looks like Treat Williams.

but i have a question, when it goes on sale, what do i have to check first, there website or the newsletter? how does PPO work?

Just go to the website a little bit before the preorder time, it'll have a page talking about the figure soon to be preordered and it'll auto-refresh the page like every minute, once it reaches 10amPT you can place your order on the figure. It'll tell you everything you need to know on the website at that time.

And don't wait for the newsletter or you'll be waiting for eternity and you'll miss the figure--they don't post a newsletter when the figure goes up, just go to the site at the specific time.

At first impression I wasn't sure about the pose - I was expecting an action shot with the whip out. On reflection, I really like this a lot in the way it represents our first experience with Indy from the pre film short in the South American Jungle.

It captures the smug grin perfectly, and if it can translate into production, this will be a long awaited and well realized treat.

Hell Yeah !!

indianajonespf.jpg

Looks really good, I'd like to see the face a little better. Looks as if he's been putting a little too much Guinness in his grail cup.

Next friday, so I can rest easy on this NL tonight.

May have to make a run this weekend to a comic shop. I actually went ahead and got a subscription to ToyFare so I don't miss stuff like this.

So tempted to order this PF.. but I already have 3 PFs and a dio on order.... yeah, not gonna happen. :(

May have to start selling some stuff.

I'm actually not the pickiest of collectors (plastic Bounty Hunter statues aside :monkey3 ). As long as the production piece is obviously produced with utmost care and attention to detail, I'll be fine with it.

... unless it looks like Treat Williams.

Well, he was good in Hair. :lol

So tempted to order this PF.. but I already have 3 PFs and a dio on order.... yeah, not gonna happen. :(

May have to start selling some stuff.

I only have the Anakin PF on order, but would cancel in a heartbeat if I had to pick between him and Indy.

After this, my PF collection will be the following:

Obi-Wan
Captain America
Darkness
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Anakin
Indiana Jones

Pretty cool group, imho. :rock

Not that I'm a big Hellboy fan, but a Nazi Kroenen PF would look really cool next to Indy.

I always liked the original concept drawing of Col. Dietrich with the monocle and mechanical arm. Probably would have looked silly but cool in my mind.

Not that I'm a big Hellboy fan, but a Nazi Kroenen PF would look really cool next to Indy.

I always liked the original concept drawing of Col. Dietrich with the monocle and mechanical arm. Probably would have looked silly but cool in my mind.

I agree, you are referring to the one in the Lucasfilm archives book right? It's odd that Raiders had more of a science fiction feel in those early concepts. The only part of it , I believe, that made it into the movie was the "Flying Wing" which never was a real plane.

Back