1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This picture clearly states the prominent differences in management style between Favreau and the hag KK.

Favreau is extremely smart to do this, maintain a good relationship with a globally famous toy manufacturer, one of the tactics to push The Mandalorian image to the audiences, just like Kevin in MCU.

I am not a fan of Kennedy but she is his boss and green lighted this show you guys are gushing over. I don't get this worship of this guy by all the men with man crushes.

Sure, I regconize and respect both subzero and davejames point of views toward the curent leadership style and directions of Lucasfilm. However, shouldnt we dwell too far on this issue, each of their own I guess. Seriously I do not want this thread to be shut down and "cleansed the" second time, especially from certain ST zealots in here when it comes to these kind of controversial debate.

Just reading these forums it's clear the zealots are the people who bash all the movies that came after the OT.

Not about his armour or weapons, but i was enjoying the "Standard tropes" in the episodes we saw(That we have seen done many times before, but with a SW twist): "bounty hunter doing jobs", "character changing his mind", "Heist episode", "Gunslinger comes into town and helps the locals", etc.
It was nice to see Favreau showing us stuff we've seen ten times before(And more, probably), but with that unique Star-Warsian twist. Grimy bars, aliens lounging about in back, blaster bolts, stormtroopers, tie fighters, speeder bikes, jawas, etc, but built around established stories that have worked in Japanese settings for hundreds of years, or in western stories for decades.
In any case, what i was hoping for, was for the characters we'd met in each episode to eventually team back up with Mando permanently, and season 2 would have been the entire team working together like a family(A bit like Firefly).
I'm still hoping he accrues more team players in season 2. I like the character, and love where they might be heading(Planet Yodal, home of the cutest little babbies you ever saw, and some nicely thought out answers for why they weren't all wiped out by Palpatine).
It's Star Wars. I like it. Give me more.

This. IMO u can see the cast chemistry esp. episodes 7/8. Then there's that grimy gritty realism detail I appreciate - like LOL if u look at the POS speeder of the "cab driver" Episode 1, up front there's a pipe spitting water or other. Mando's grimy beskar in the end (but interestingly the clan symbol seems undirtied).

Since they're working on Season 2 right now and it'll be a while before we see it, figure there's plenty of time to add in some cool effects/shots. IMO the burnout scene and lava scenes just fantastic.:clap

Anyway, dunno what other weapons I'd give Mando tho am always up for more knives:cool:. Just reading some Mandalorian background the armor design was designed to be pretty light e.g. allowing a lot of movement. So dunno if they'll ever really load him up. Agree at some point he needs to hide the beskar shine at least for a while.

Meanwhile by way of accessories PO'd Sideshow's Jawa set (complaints about loose joints etc. aside). Coupon and free shipping.:cool:
After looking at the Hasbro Mando with a few Jawas - little devils just scream SW IMO. Who knows if HT will put out "off world" Jawas - with the egg - but no worries. Soo-ga!:lol

It would be cool to get some of those other weapons we see in his armory. Even though all he ever seems to use is that same blaster for some reason.

That's it Dave, we need a Mandalorian and The Razorcrest Armory DX version !!

s-l1600 (1).jpg

It would be cool to get some of those other weapons we see in his armory. Even though all he ever seems to use is that same blaster for some reason.

Perhaps he has a favorite weapon...? People do.

I am missing the disruptor rifle, myself. That thing seems to have settings from "you have been hereby notified to leave the area immediately" to *instant disintegration* It'd be what I reached for first, esp in outdoor settings. But what do I know.

Perhaps he has a favorite weapon...? People do.

I am missing the disruptor rifle, myself. That thing seems to have settings from "you have been hereby notified to leave the area immediately" to *instant disintegration* It'd be what I reached for first, esp in outdoor settings. But what do I know.

What happened to that rifle btw? I've watched each episode several times and still can't work out what happened to it.

What happened to that rifle btw? I've watched each episode several times and still can't work out what happened to it.

Was the last episode we saw it in episode 4 after Cara used it to lure the walker into the pod? Maybe it takes special ammo to disintegrate like it does and he?s out.?? Love that rifle. ?That?s one impressive weapon? -Greef

That rifle may be another good reason to pick up the original figure as opposed to skipping it for a newer/upgraded version.

its actually one of the reasons I'm picking this particular figure up. That, and the base. Not that the figure itself isn't worthy; sure is. But these are extras that will be expensive to find later.

Agree. Just PO'd for this reason. Now the long wait.

Same with me. Ordered mine after E7. Did not want to risk having this sell out due to the interest/ popularity of the show.

Regarding his rifle: if you run with the comparison to "The Man with No Name" Eastwood always had his Colt at his side and used it ALL the time. Rifle was normally on his horse (Razor) or if he needed it for some specific reason. Agree the disintegrator rifle is awesome and how I will display him.

Hoping all the interest in the show keeps the OEM on track for at least and on time delivery. (Unlike the Mythos Fett.)

MWNN.JPG

I agree the figure base is very nice. There are things I like with this figure/design and things I don't like.
Designwise, I like the harmony between chest armor and undervest.
Figurewise, I didn't like its thighs are way more bulkier than its calves.

Same with me. Ordered mine after E7. Did not want to risk having this sell out due to the interest/ popularity of the show.

Regarding his rifle: if you run with the comparison to "The Man with No Name" Eastwood always had his Colt at his side and used it ALL the time. Rifle was normally on his horse (Razor) or if he needed it for some specific reason. Agree the disintegrator rifle is awesome and how I will display him.

Hoping all the interest in the show keeps the OEM on track for at least and on time delivery. (Unlike the Mythos Fett.)

View attachment 474362

There is no way it will sellout before release. Hot Toys will make enough to cover pre orders plus extra.

There is no way it will sellout before release. Hot Toys will make enough to cover pre orders plus extra.

Dunno but personally didn't wanna chance it since I really want this version. Guess a lot of us have waited on a fig and then had to track one down. I blew off CW Scarlet Witch for a good while and ended up having to get her from PopCultcha. Unfortunately the exchange rates had shifted at the time and I paid top retail.

'Course sometimes financially u just can't do it and hafta wait. Anyway I like to go through SSC if possible to get RPs.

Dunno but personally didn't wanna chance it since I really want this version. Guess a lot of us have waited on a fig and then had to track one down. I blew off CW Scarlet Witch for a good while and ended up having to get her from PopCultcha. Unfortunately the exchange rates had shifted at the time and I paid top retail.

'Course sometimes financially u just can't do it and hafta wait. Anyway I like to go through SSC if possible to get RPs.

Not to mention, it seems to be that SSC sends orders out kind of in the order that they were received; that is, if you ordered early you might get your figure a week or two earlier than people who ordered late. Perhaps I am imagining this!

I like to go through SSC unless I can get the figure noticeably cheaper elsewhere; that sometimes happens, too.

Not to mention, it seems to be that SSC sends orders out kind of in the order that they were received; that is, if you ordered early you might get your figure a week or two earlier than people who ordered late. Perhaps I am imagining this!

I like to go through SSC unless I can get the figure noticeably cheaper elsewhere; that sometimes happens, too.

I don't think u are imagining - PO'd IW Bucky ASAP and had him in hand, while others had to wait. I think - based on comments from SSC - it's the shipping thing from Asia. Only so many figs are stuffed on a boat, so orders are filled the way they came in. Then SSC hasta wait for next boatload.

I also like to get a fig in hand ASAP from SSC in case of an issue, so there are exchanges available. So far so good tho. Just some minor fixable stuff. Really looking forward to this fig as I like looks with lots of details/elements. This one kind of reminds me of TWS Bucky that way - the different leg armor, gauntlets,
layers, distressing. Heck, even my Hasbro 6 inch fig is interesting to look at that way.

I just wonder if HT is gonna go the extra mile and make stuff like the right leg cartridges "real" and removable (like TWS Bucky stuff) or just a single piece mold.

Back