The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Ep4 's mediocre performance has strongly reinforced my thoughts to temporarily hold off any Mandalorian's related PO intentions.

I will have to thoroughly follow this series until the final episode to make sure I'm hooked enough.

Whut…?

If you have to follow the series until the final episode to make sure you're hooked enough.... sounds to me like you're already hooked.

I have only gotten through episode 1 so far - work/schedule issues - but even I know, there are episodes in ANY series that are not going to resonate with me. For instance, there are plenty episodes in Star Trek TOS that do NOT resonate with me, or that I found outright silly or annoying! And yet I still love it.

Let's not let the best be the enemy of the good, here.

[Plus I'm super curious to know more about Mandalorian culture]

Ok, anyone else think the shot of the roasting Kowakian, with its buddy looking on making sad noises was.... a bit much?

If Mando bisections someone's torso using an iris-style doorway, no problem. No animal cruelty please, though.

Ok, anyone else think the shot of the roasting Kowakian, with its buddy looking on making sad noises was.... a bit much?

If Mando bisections someone's torso using an iris-style doorway, no problem. No animal cruelty please, though.

I did wonder if he was meant to be sentient. But I laughed.

I think those are meant to be generic ?evil? creatures kinda like goblins.

Or it?s just Disney traumatizing kids again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The villagers had a modicum of plot armour on. It could have taken down that entire picket line from where it was. Remember what one AT-ST did to insurgents in Rogue One.

The chicken walkers in Rogue One were operated by trained professionals of the Empire and not by a gang of thug pirates/raiders. Plus that walker could've been in bad shape after sitting around for so long not being maintained properly.

Whoa my last post has me wondering if we'll see bounty hunters snatching little kids for the FO in upcoming seasons. :panic:

:horror :horror :horror

Honestly Khev they better introduce bad mandalorians and not have everyone of them be against the empire for a purge we only heard about in a throw away line.

Fett worked with the Empire knowing who they were.

I will be disappointed if no bad Mando introduced.

The chicken walkers in Rogue One were operated by trained professionals of the Empire and not by a gang of thug pirates/raiders. Plus that walker could've been in bad shape after sitting around for so long not being maintained properly.

I accept untrained mercenaries but not neglect of service intervals lol

It's clearly an easter egg and fan-service-revenge for Hutt's malicious Kowakian buddy. It was hilarious. Aren't you a bit oversensitive? It's a puppet from a fantasy tv show ... not even a real thing like a roasted pig :D

The new episode was a dud! How embarrasing. Aren?t these episodes like 10 million a pop?

1995 Xena story with an At-St.

New Episode was like "Phantom Menace", people are liking it now but later will say it sucked!! LIve action is all new to us for SW in addition, only being 8 episodes seems they can'y afford filler episodes like this. Watch "The Crown" folks on NETFLIX. High production (more than Game of Thrones) with only 10 episodes a season. And each Episode is solid.

"Difficult to see is the future... know not I had a son, Yoda Jr. Happened it did during my drunken college days. Excuses I have not, beer it was. Beer, a doorway to the Dark Side."

And to the baffled delight of previously mortally wounded and profoundly emotionally scarred Star Wars fans, Disney would release its "ultimate 6D hologram uber master Star Wars Collection", where, in the extended TLJ burning sacred tree scene, Luke Skywalker would learn of Master Yoda's wild college days. Sow many wild oats across the galaxy, Master Yoda did.

It seems Master Yoda was master of many things, to the great joy of even the fierce women/probable women/possibly? females of the Outer Rim colonies (who did not judge Master Yoda by his size.:monkey3 This proved, once again, that females are superior to males, screamed the SJWs)

And so, the revelation that Rey was, in fact, a Skywalker (by way of Uncle Owen's second cousin twice removed) was not met with nearly the applause, vs. learning that the Mandalorian's "baby Yoda" was merely the introduction to the hitherto unknown vast colonies of Yoda-babies, that were safely being raised in nondescript transport ships.

"Safe in ships like Dr. Who Adiposeseseseseseseseseseseseses my babies are. Many many green babies. Many sea cows I own, to feed the babies" said Master Yoda to the shocked Luke. "But one of the little womp-rats, strong in the Force he is, escaped, many deaths will follow because of this (to the joy of bloodthirsty fandom), and much merchandise and ecologically incorrect plastic pollution from greenish collector junk, there will be."

New Episode was like "Phantom Menace", people are liking it now but later will say it sucked!! LIve action is all new to us for SW in addition, only being 8 episodes seems they can'y afford filler episodes like this. Watch "The Crown" folks on NETFLIX. High production (more than Game of Thrones) with only 10 episodes a season. And each Episode is solid.

Couldn't agree more. Bad writing, is bad writing. It all starts there, and everything else is just an excuse.

Watched it 3-4x now. Not seeing the issue just 'coz there isn't relentless grimness. And really liked getting a bit more backstory and intro to Cara, as well as Mando really accepting responsibility for kid. Like, he's setting his path/destiny.

This is the way.

I think those are meant to be generic ?evil? creatures kinda like goblins.

Or it?s just Disney traumatizing kids again.

WHY NOT BOTH, lol. :cool:

Futurion said:
It's a puppet from a fantasy tv show ... not even a real thing like a roasted pig

Yes, I'm aware that they are not actually roasting alien creatures on the Disney back-lot, but I also don't have, for instance, a tenderhearted six-year old watching this with me, either.

I am aware that this is a personal quirk of mine, me who is unbothered by Mando looking around at the twenty dead people he just killed to get his hands on The Asset. Go on with yourself, Mando you badass. :)

I watched it last night with my son.
We both thought it was meh. The weakest so far by a mile. The cinematography looked cheap, and while I know Star Wars is filled with nods to Lucas' favourite films, that only works when it's not done so blatantly. The whole episode was just one huge clich?.
Doesn't mean I hate the series now, but it was a letdown. Hopefully it picks up again.

I get it Baby Yoda is cute, but it starting to get “old”!!

I also found it odd that “Mando” and the girl (forgot her name) saw only the foot print of a AT-ST walker (not the actual walker or the base/soldiers) and devised and entire elaborate plan (teaching to fight/shot, create a pinch point etc)…..on footprints!!!

Also, there is to many “walking” shots on this show.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Different generations, different sensibilities. But I am curious, why do you think in this case that those who like TLJ are critical of the Mandalorian? Becuase of the male lead? Because of the "old west gunslinger" theme straight from a male-dominant era, or other reasons?

Yes I think all of your examples factor in. Thus far The Mandalorian seems to mostly respect the mythos/parameters of the OT instead of blatantly disrespecting/dismissing them as seen in the ST. I think it grinds the gears of some ST fans that The Mandalorian has received a lot of praise from the fans while the ST has received heavy criticism.

I"m not saying it was great. It wasn't horrible either - I plainly saw it was formula myself, but that doesn't mean it was abysmal. I quite enjoyed the Yoda Jr. scenes, and I don't see that changing with time.

But hey, you guys criticizing rather relentlessly clearly think you can do better. So break into the entertainment industry and prove it - that way we all can enjoy better quality.

Or you'll find out you're better at criticizing than creating - when YOUR stuff is mercilessly criticized!

Easy to be a critic. Harder to create something new yourself... but I truly hope you do, creation is superior to criticism any day, even though constructive criticism has its place and usefulness.

I said this numerous times about TLJ armchair critiques.

But people like what they like. As long as Mando does not turn into ?fight of the week? I will keep watching.

After my 3rd rewatch of ?The Sin? it was clear the Storm trooper hunt and kill sequence, while cool as hell first view, would not age well.....its too long,

Yes I think all of your examples factor in. Thus far The Mandalorian seems to mostly respect the mythos/parameters of the OT instead of blatantly disrespecting/dismissing them as seen in the ST. I think it grinds the gears of some ST fans that The Mandalorian has received a lot of praise from the fans while the ST has received heavy criticism.

Your soap box is getting worn out....

Back