The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See heres the deal, people cant have it both ways.

Blame Rian if they want, but when people throw KK under the bus with him, then flat out refuse to give her credit on something she is clearly a producer for also, shows the true nature of the problem they really have with her.

Hypocritical to the extreme.

Not to mention the fact she has more major successful films under her belt than most producers.

But none of that was her right? It was all someone else, who just happens to be a guy, covering for her.....

Again, cannot have it both ways.

Well you can but its pretty obvious of the agenda then.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Um, kathleen kennedy never created anything. She's a producer. She also looks like a 70 year old drag queen.

She also looks like a 70 year old drag queen.

kathleenkennedy.jpg

That neck is thicc

Very well stated observations. I feel much the same with the exception of finding any fault with the little guy. I mean yeah on paper he's exactly what you said but so perfectly realized that he may have instantly dethroned gizmo as my all time favorite "cute little guy" in any live-action entertainment. So true about Mando himself being the ultimate tour guide through the near-OT galaxy of SW.

"Fan service," "cliched," whatever you want to call it but all I know is that this is exactly what I signed up for when I watch a show like this. To me a SW show or movie is more of an adaptation of the universe that got hard-coded into my DNA from the time I was a child. I don't want reinventions, I don't want the entire narrative turned on its head in the interest of subverting expectations, I just want to see and feel the world that I grew up seeing on the big screen, sketchbooks, and my own imaginings. Imaginings that did *not* stray far from the established media.

And Mando so far has given me the perfect balance of familiarity, respect for the legacy, and just enough twists (little guy reveal, ass-kicking jawas, etc.) to keep me on my toes. This is the literal template that I'd love for all "new" SW to follow.

:exactly:

I think my issue with the Yoda-baby is the FX execution and to some degree the design, not so much the idea of it (which I'm intrigued by.) It just doesn't to me look very convincing as a physical thing - it's too blurry, lacking in finer detail or something. The design also seems a bit unnatural vs ESB Yoda, but I get they are thinking toys like with baby Ewoks.

I always loved the idea of making Yoda's species as a kind of "keepers of the force." That's why in my idea for the ST it would have involved some kind of monastery planet, like with all these Yoda monks in hooded robes walking among the mist with lanterns on poles or something.

For me this is why I don't mind the "Mary Sue" aspect to Yoda-baby having some fairly significant force abilities - because in my mind that species was always special with the Force. But that's just me. I can see how others might equate it with the Rey "no training but lifts 100 tons of boulders" or "no training but can kick ass with lightsaber" things.

I really like how they've fleshed out the Jawas a bit too. For all the love of Jawas, they have really been treated (for the most part) as pathetic pests throughout SW. We suddenly see them as smarter and more dangerous, even if there's still the humor about them. It reminds me of how Luke in the cut scene from ROTJ was staying at some kind of Jawa Inn/Lodge on Tatooine and he was sharing space with Jawas so we might have gotten to see them in a bit more depth.

Got a chance to see the first two episodes today and wow!
I absolutely loved the first episode, it really did feel very Star Wars-y, without being derivative. The second one wasn't so good IMHO, but the whole Jaws sequence was brilliant, so that made up for it. I'm not really sold on the Yodaling though... the fact he/she already masters the Force being a baby is a bit irritating, but I'm willing to give it a pass, 'cause the story is good so far.
The cinematography, the art direction, the action, everything is great so far -except the damn music. I find it almost insultingly bad. I get it if they wanted to move away from the usual Williams pomp and circumstance, but then go and find something fitting. What they came up with is neither here nor there. Odd, it's the second high profile show that I don't like the music (the other being Watchmen).
Anyway, stand-out bits so far: Werner Herzog and the grimy Stormtroopers (damn they looked positively evil and dangerous), the shoot-out and IG-11 (BTW, I thought it was brilliant how they seemed to be setting up a buddy-story, just to have Mando shoot it in the head!), "I have spoken", the entire Jawa sequence (especially the negotiation bit, that was brilliant, just the right amount of humor) and how this seems to be finally meshing PT and OT together (Republic type ship, Geonosis arena beast -at least I think it was).

I'm really happy that Star Wars has finally found a good home in Favreau and Filoni's hands.
I can only hope they continue at this level of quality.

It's not a Reek (one of the few things I really loved about AOTC, and bought the toy of) - it seems to be just a regular Ice Age rhino...

985_elasmotherium_chen_yu.jpg
Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Animals-3.jpg

That Ice Rhino represents KK and RJ.

Babyoda represents Favreau and Filone.

Mando represents us -- being at first trampled... then amazed.

Holy crap that's freaking awesome, lol.

And TaliBane I love your idea of Yoda monks being keepers of the Force. Maybe they're a super rare race like the Mystics in The Dark Crystal which makes finding one such a big deal.

See heres the deal, people cant have it both ways.

Blame Rian if they want, but when people throw KK under the bus with him, then flat out refuse to give her credit on something she is clearly a producer for also, shows the true nature of the problem they really have with her.

Hypocritical to the extreme.

Not to mention the fact she has more major successful films under her belt than most producers.

But none of that was her right? It was all someone else, who just happens to be a guy, covering for her.....

Again, cannot have it both ways.

Well you can but its pretty obvious of the agenda then.

She's head of Lucasfilms, she'll get a producer credit regardless if she has anything to do with the series or not, odds are it's in her contract...

Besides the easiest way to tell that Kennedy wasn't part of this series.

1) No directors were fired at any point during the making of season 1
2) The main character is not female
3) She's not wearing a T-shirt saying "Females make the best Bounty Hunters"
4) So far the male characters have not been morons that need female characters to save them from their own stupidity..

and the most important reason we know Kennedy is not involved

5) Because this series is actually good.

Last edited:

I think my issue with the Yoda-baby is the FX execution and to some degree the design, not so much the idea of it (which I'm intrigued by.) It just doesn't to me look very convincing as a physical thing - it's too blurry, lacking in finer detail or something. The design also seems a bit unnatural vs ESB Yoda, but I get they are thinking toys like with baby Ewoks.

I always loved the idea of making Yoda's species as a kind of "keepers of the force." That's why in my idea for the ST it would have involved some kind of monastery planet, like with all these Yoda monks in hooded robes walking among the mist with lanterns on poles or something.

For me this is why I don't mind the "Mary Sue" aspect to Yoda-baby having some fairly significant force abilities - because in my mind that species was always special with the Force. But that's just me. I can see how others might equate it with the Rey "no training but lifts 100 tons of boulders" or "no training but can kick ass with lightsaber" things.

I really like how they've fleshed out the Jawas a bit too. For all the love of Jawas, they have really been treated (for the most part) as pathetic pests throughout SW. We suddenly see them as smarter and more dangerous, even if there's still the humor about them. It reminds me of how Luke in the cut scene from ROTJ was staying at some kind of Jawa Inn/Lodge on Tatooine and he was sharing space with Jawas so we might have gotten to see them in a bit more depth.

It's not a Reek (one of the few things I really loved about AOTC, and bought the toy of) - it seems to be just a regular Ice Age rhino...

985_elasmotherium_chen_yu.jpg
Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Animals-3.jpg

Indeed! Looked it up, it's quite a different beast.

She's head of Lucasfilms, she'll get a producer credit regardless if she has anything to do with the series or not, odds are it's in her contract...

Besides the easiest way to tell that Kennedy wasn't part of this series.

1) No directors were fired at any point during the making of season 1
2) The main character is not female
3) She's not wearing a T-shirt saying "Females make the best Bounty Hunters"
4) So far the male characters have not been morons that need female characters to save them from their own stupidity..

and the most important reason we know Kennedy is not involved

5) Because this series is actually good.

Damn dan that's a harsh but hilariously accurate list, lol.

I was introduced to KK by Larry Kasdan at an event in Bev Hills 15 years ago and she seemed so super nice in the short convo I had with her (maybe I was blinded because she was in a ROTLA pic I had on my wall as a kid, and here I was with the writer and co-producer of my all-time fave movie) and I'd met a LOT of Hollywood a-holes by that point. Who'd have known she'd be at the very core of a slow-motion SW meltdown?

Indeed! Looked it up, it's quite a different beast.

Yeah, I still love that toy...

star-wars--saga-collection----hasbro---reek-p-image-328349-grande.jpg

Any idea or official statement on the age of The Mandalorian? When it comes to bounty hunting he seems very experienced and in his element. When confronted with creatures or non criminal species he has gotten beaten quite badly. I like to think he is young and still has much to learn. Its good to be excited about Star Wars again. Production on the show has been great in my opinion. The thing I most hope to see is more of the crimelords and scum and villainy. I like what little of the underworld we saw in AOTC and would like to see more of that in this series.

When you can have a portable carbon freeze spray tan booth in your ship it kinda takes away the magic.

Every time they grab something from the OT they ruin it. Every time.

Back